• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Wesker Dead Or Alive(dedicated to 013)

Wesker....

• Total voters

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well it is supposed to be entertaining, but I think it goes beyond all of that, at this point in the series I think most would have to agree....

Anyway, I think it is fair to say that Evil prevails, if not as much as Good then just behind, and well in this case for RE, I wanted good to survive, it could have been bittersweet by having a certain partner die, but I don't know how emotional I would have been, as I don't feel that I got to know her, I think she was forced on me and I might have appreciated that death scene a bit more.:)

NiteKrawler

I didn't mean that I don't want to be entertained. I meant that I'm not desperate enough to need surprises to be entertained. In my mind, evil should never prevail in media. I know that you think that if good always wins, it gets boring. (I don't mind neutral endings, though I always prefer good winning.) Well I guess it doesn't/wouldn't get boring for me because to me, how the good force prevails is most important. I don't care if I always always always know that good will win because I'm more interested in how they go about winning. Does that make sense?

^I understand that that's the way you want it to be, but my views on the issue are a little different as pointed out ealier. But it's no big deal. Everyone is not gonna agree on the same thing. ^^

NiteKrawler

013;42431 said:
^I understand that that's the way you want it to be, but my views on the issue are a little different as pointed out ealier. But it's no big deal. Everyone is not gonna agree on the same thing. ^^

Yeah, I was just trying to get across what my own point of view is. I didn't think I had done that well in my previous posts. Thought I came across a bit confusing. ;)

NiteKrawler;42432 said:
Yeah, I was just trying to get across what my own point of view is.
Same here. And it wasn't because you didn't explain yourself properly, it's just that I don't see eye to eye when you say you always want good to prevail and I don't. That's pretty much it. Just a disagreement is all. :D

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
1111111111111111111.jpg

Just kidding.:) I agree with both sides actually. For the most part I want good to prevail, and I like some hardships along the way. Occasionally, ever blue moon, I like evil to win, when it fits well with what is going on.:)

Resident James

Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Wesker's priorities changed at one point, his motives and personality changed. Meeting Sir Spencer probably had a big influence on that whole becoming a God thing, what he really became was a different Wesker.

Now, the ending of Resident evil 5 may have been the end to Wesker, or he could be (or whats left of him) floating unconscious in some tube in a laboratory somewhere, perhaps because of "the agency" and that may allow him to come back later unexpectedly and cause **** to hit the fan. In fact, I think there is a good chance people in "the agency" may become the next villains in the series if there is a reboot to the series.

Anyways, there is a large amount of time in-between RE4 and RE5, a new game can fit in there, and that game can allow Capcom to give "old Wesker" a proper send off, like having Him be the mysterious villain doing nefarious things behind the scenes, having the voice actor be less British. and Wesker being bad-ass in his own special way, not like he is in the Matrix.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
You know, you are talking alot of sense.:) I agree with pretty much all of that, except there shouldn't be any chance for him to come back...again, the limit on how many times someone can come back should really be limited to 1, and that should only be every now and then, they hopefully won't turn Wesker into that ridiculous villian who just keeps on coming and going....

Volthora

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I say let him stay dead. If they're gonna pull the "OMG we found a piece of him and cloned him" or "the one you killed was nothing but a clone" card, then i'll be sorely dissapointed in the creators. Because that is just as unoriginal as you can get.

Besides they already ****ed him up enough with the weird voice actor, as well as the matrix wannabe fighting style. And whats with the Wesker children thing? sounds like some kind of Resident Evil style "Les enfants terribles"...

With that said, don't bring back James Marcus, Ozwell Spencer or William Birkin either. They've all fullfilled their purpose in the series, and I think it's time for some new blood to enter the stage.

They have proved quite a few times, that they are able to create great villains. Alfred & Alexia Ashford, Salazar & Saddler are some of them.

Nosophoros

Resident James;44648 said:
Anyways, there is a large amount of time in-between RE4 and RE5, a new game can fit in there, and that game can allow Capcom to give "old Wesker" a proper send off, like having Him be the mysterious villain doing nefarious things behind the scenes, having the voice actor be less British. and Wesker being bad-ass in his own special way, not like he is in the Matrix.
Sounds good, I found the Wesker in RE4 to be very different to the Wesker in RE5. For example, his eyes are pretty normal in RE4 (or what we see of them) but in 5 they're glowing...not to mention the weird outfit.

They glowed in CV and UC. He wasn't given the change to have them glow in 4. They seem to glow when he's angered or being agressive.

Volthora;45462 said:
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I say let him stay dead. If they're gonna pull the "OMG we found a piece of him and cloned him" or "the one you killed was nothing but a clone" card, then i'll be sorely dissapointed in the creators. Because that is just as unoriginal as you can get.
And Wesker's "death" wasn't?

Volthora

013;45536 said:
And Wesker's "death" wasn't?

Don't misunderstand me, Wesker should have had... heck, he DESERVED a better death. They just "happened" to have two RPG's in that helicopter? also I think that scene seemed rather rushed, which was bad because it was probably the most important scene in the game. So yes, Wesker most certainly deserved a proper death, instead of the BS they gave us.

But honestly, they have already revived him once. In the end noone will care whether he dies or not. Because each and every time, Capcom is just gonna revive him in some spectacular or amazing way.

I understand if it's your favourite character, and if you would like to see him survive. Because that was a crappy and unoriginal, not to forget a totally undeserving way he died.

But personally, I just think it would be best for the character if he stayed dead this time.

Volthora;45543 said:
Don't misunderstand me, Wesker should have had... heck, he DESERVED a better death. They just "happened" to have two RPG's in that helicopter? also I think that scene seemed rather rushed, which was bad because it was probably the most important scene in the game. So yes, Wesker most certainly deserved a proper death, instead of the BS they gave us.

But honestly, they have already revived him once. In the end noone will care whether he dies or not. Because each and every time, Capcom is just gonna revive him in some spectacular or amazing way.

I understand if it's your favourite character, and if you would like to see him survive. Because that was a crappy and unoriginal, not to forget a totally undeserving way he died.

But personally, I just think it would be best for the character if he stayed dead this time.

It's not because he's my favorate character. As i've stated before, it's not really because they possibly killed him off, it's how. Also, im not on the he definately survived boat 100% either. I can not say that he survived, nor can I say he's dead. My main argument is that it's not completely impossible nor stupid to bring him back. He just happends to be one of my favorate characters. Sergei's death was bullocks too, but we clearly see him die.

Now I know i'll probably come off as an unreasonable and blind fangirl or whatever when I say this, but the way they did it with Wesker, id hardly consider it seeing him die.

If Wesker is truely dead, then i'll just have to accept it, they'll be no choice other than getting rich and buying Capcom corporation myself. An if he's alive, i'll be happy that he'll probably get a better send off or even better, win.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I think that whatever happens, it would almost be just akward to have him back...again. I mean even if they dropped the ridiculous and unfitting personality that just came in, and they brought Richard Waugh back, it still would be overkill...and just wouldn't be worthy of the character, so even if they did do it right, I wouldn't want him back, in future games that is, I would however enjoy seeing more of him, via flashbacks & prequels.:)

Levan

Polkka. lol
013;45536 said:
They glowed in CV and UC. He wasn't given the change to have them glow in 4. They seem to glow when he's angered or being agressive.

Actually, Wesker pretty much had his sunglasses on for all of the scenes in RE4, hence why we never saw them glow, or got a look at his eyes, I guess.

Now that they "officially" killed of Wesker, it's best to replace him now than Capcom making a sorry-ass excuse for bringing him back in RE6 or any other after-RE5 game. They pretty much killed him off already with the voice actor and his common comic/movie/cartoon villain stupidity. It's not like they can't make another awesome badass character, but I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers until the next game arrives. :p

His eyes glowed in CV when he had his sunglasses on.

Now that they "officially" killed of Wesker
See this is what I mean, I can't agree with people that say they know he's dead for sure. But I can't agree with people who say they KNOW he's alive for sure. Like when I read people saying, "Wesker's definately not dead, he's too bad ass to die." It's not really something you can state as a fact. Wesker is not invincible to death simply because he's "The S**t" Id prefer a real theory over someone saying. "He's dead for sure because his time in the series was up." Or "He's not dead because he's too cool to die." (None of these are facts.)Hell Alexia was "The s**t" but she only got one game.

So, I remain in neutral for now. I've heard theories and arguments from both sides, but im still in neutral.

If Wesker is alive, I would not like to see him back in 6, hell probably not even in 7, it'd be too soon.

And honestly, can the story be anymore f**ked up then it already is? Im waiting for time travel in the series now.

Tyrant

013;42072 said:
Le gasp! For me??? *Tears up* I feel so welcome. Thankies. ^^

I must agree on the changing Wesker though. In UC and 5 he was changed, and while I still enjoyed his appearence and the fact that he was in the game, I feel that he wasn't at his best, not to mention his lack of intelligence and stability.

And ya know, as i've said before to others in different conversations, I felt that his death was most likely coming. Buuut...To be honest, it's not so much his possible death that bothers me, it's the WAY he was killed off and how he last presented himself. I felt that he was treated like an ordinary generic villain after all this time...Or did I lie to myself? Could it be that even though I told myself that I would accept Wesker's death before it happen, acctually seeing it happen just triggered how I truely felt about the situation? (WTF?)

I honestly think they should have gave him a better send off. But maybe this isn't the end, maybe this isn't his true send off. Maybe he'll make one last return before he's truely vanished from the franchise.

I want neither of them dead but at the same time, it'd be nice to see Chris and Wesker die together. I think it would have been fitting and less predictable. Especially if the reboot rumors are true and Capcom wished to end act 1. That's a better way it could have ended.

LOOL TEKTEK :3

Gaia <3

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
013;45761 said:
His eyes glowed in CV when he had his sunglasses on.

See this is what I mean, I can't agree with people that say they know he's dead for sure. But I can't agree with people who say they KNOW he's alive for sure. Like when I read people saying, "Wesker's definately not dead, he's too bad ass to die." It's not really something you can state as a fact. Wesker is not invincible to death simply because he's "The S**t" Id prefer a real theory over someone saying. "He's dead for sure because his time in the series was up." Or "He's not dead because he's too cool to die." (None of these are facts.)Hell Alexia was "The s**t" but she only got one game.

So, I remain in neutral for now. I've heard theories and arguments from both sides, but im still in neutral.

If Wesker is alive, I would not like to see him back in 6, hell probably not even in 7, it'd be too soon.

And honestly, can the story be anymore f**ked up then it already is? Im waiting for time travel in the series now.

Yeah, he shouldn't be alive because he is "too badass", and he shouldn't be dead because, "it was his time", he should be dead because he was shot by two RPG's, or he should be alive because...something of equal value to that of his death.:)

I know that I want him dead because "it was his time", but when I look at it from the point of what we know, and deduct what we are given from the facts, then I think he is dead.:)

Top Bottom