• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Wesker Dead Or Alive(dedicated to 013)

Wesker....

• Total voters

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well there has been alot of debate on whether this character Albert Wesker is still alive or not.

Recap: Wesker was a really cool character who was killed off once before(and I would have been perfect fine if he had died right then, and they still had the backstory with him and Birkin like what we saw in RE0). He was brought back, and I didn't mind as he was still as cool as ever.:)

He came back with a very different voice, and a voice that has really defined him as a character, without the voice he is really nothing. Richard Waugh is the man to thank for this. He has stated in interview(s) that he used the late George Sanders(from The Jungle Book) as referrence and inspiration for the characters voice. This character appeared wiht supporting roles in a few games after his supposed death, with Code Veronica, CVX, REmake, RE0, RE4, and even narrating the Code Veronica X Wesker's Report Non-Interactive DVD.

By Umbrella Chronicles, he had a new voice actor(along with the rest of the cast being new), and a completely different personality, as well as mannerisms...

This continued into RE5 and has really taken his character in a direction that I dislike. His voice, personality and even his style is very different.:(

Current issue:

Currently, Wesker was killed in RE5. He was standing in liquid hot magma inside of a volcano while Chris & Sheva were trying to escape in a chopper. They convienately had two RPG Rocket Launchers and used them to shoot at Wesker. Neither rocket made direct contact, but they hit right next to him. Wesker was standing in the lava for seval seconds and it was no doubt causing him pain, & it was only a matter of time until his legs crumbled beneath him. The rockets hit next to him and while not direct, they exploded, with the combination of the lava and splash damage it was sure to do some damage. We know that Wesker's virus P-30 was unstable and needed to be kept in check by regularly being injected with a serum called PG67-AW. He had a healthy dose of it earlier so Chris & Sheva systamatically injected him with another, acting as a poison, this would have offset his balance and definately caused some affect.

So Wesker, supposedly killed off by the two RPG's, would have died by the virus inside him regardless of the rockets. Now what would have happened if the virus was not kept balanced is up for interpretation, it could have simply resulted in the loss of his powers(which was the only thing keeping alive in the lava for as long as it did), or it might have some violent mutation type of effects....only time would tell....

Le gasp! For me??? *Tears up* I feel so welcome. Thankies. ^^

I must agree on the changing Wesker though. In UC and 5 he was changed, and while I still enjoyed his appearence and the fact that he was in the game, I feel that he wasn't at his best, not to mention his lack of intelligence and stability.

And ya know, as i've said before to others in different conversations, I felt that his death was most likely coming. Buuut...To be honest, it's not so much his possible death that bothers me, it's the WAY he was killed off and how he last presented himself. I felt that he was treated like an ordinary generic villain after all this time...Or did I lie to myself? Could it be that even though I told myself that I would accept Wesker's death before it happen, acctually seeing it happen just triggered how I truely felt about the situation? (WTF?)

I honestly think they should have gave him a better send off. But maybe this isn't the end, maybe this isn't his true send off. Maybe he'll make one last return before he's truely vanished from the franchise.

I want neither of them dead but at the same time, it'd be nice to see Chris and Wesker die together. I think it would have been fitting and less predictable. Especially if the reboot rumors are true and Capcom wished to end act 1. That's a better way it could have ended.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
No doubt he was ruined by UC and RE5, which even made me want him to die even more...

I think we can all agree on his death being lame. And again I have to blame Sheva for this(since it is easier to blame one person) but of course N'Gai Croal made the racist claims, and it seems to have indirectly dictated Wesker's lame death.....

I still feel, regardless of any of the bad voice actors(D.C. Douglas) or change in personality(UC & RE5) that he should still have died, but I would have preferred it were a better death.

I liked the whole thing they did about the virus, being unstable and requiring him to keep it balanced by regularly injecting himself with a serum, but most of what they have done with him recently has been bunk...

I hated the idea of a serum, it would have been better if they just had aquired some kind of anti BOW poison from the BSAA or even better, somewhere in the game where you had to work for it like go through hell then have to unlock a hard ass puzzle to get to it.

Like the anti BOW weapon Alexia was killed by they could have used an anti BOW poison. That way the virus that Birkin had ORIGINALLY CREATED BEFORE CAPCOM MESSED UP wouldn't be unstable all of a sudden. >_>

This also goes back to Wesker's ignorance. Why the hell would he tell Jill his whole plans and weakness? Yeah she's under control, but less prepare for the just incase and keep this stuff top secret. Ugh, so rushed.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't mean I liked how Sheva for some reason kept a single PG67-AW and had it just in time for their fight with him, but I liked the idea of his virus having that weakness.:)

But then again it went and messed up the whole idea of Birkin creating it...

And the whole Wesker children bull**** story really took away from the friendship between the two, which is something that I really enjoyed.

Well from what we have seen, Wesker is not exactly the most intelligent guy...but who is.:)

NiteKrawler

Spike! Your first post offends! It would seem to me that it tries to subconsciously bias us against the theory of Wesker's survival! That wouldn't be done purposely would it? :)

Personally, I believe that for now, Wesker is dead. I think Capcom planned for him to die for good. But, I think that if Capcom should find it profitable or necessary in some way, Wesker will return. Some people say that the rockets going through his head at the end is a glitch. I say wake up.

It's the believers and the non-believers. Everyone has their own opinions, thus, I will sit back and watch as people will soon debate in this topic, while I will simply watch and collect data of theories and conclusions that I have not yet come up with for future ways to counter others arguments.

Mwahahahahaaaaaaa! Wesker would be proud. Fine performance indeed! :3

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Eh, there's a nice discussion going on here. It's no big deal. :) For future reference loves, just do a quick search to make sure there isn't already an existing thread about your topic.

I want neither of them dead but at the same time, it'd be nice to see Chris and Wesker die together. I think it would have been fitting and less predictable. Especially if the reboot rumors are true and Capcom wished to end act 1. That's a better way it could have ended
Wow, I'm surprised to see someone else share the same opinion. I know it sounds kinda melodramatic, but I would like to see Chris and Wesker die together as well. I mean, Chris represents the ultimate 'good' in Resident Evil, while Wesker represents the ultimate 'evil'. It would be interesting to kinda see them at the end of the series- 'cancel eachother out'. I think it may be too late for that now though :(

NiteKrawler

La Femme Fatale;42190 said:
Eh, there's a nice discussion going on here. It's no big deal. :) For future reference loves, just do a quick search to make sure there isn't already an existing thread about your topic.

Wow, I'm surprised to see someone else share the same opinion. I know it sounds kinda melodramatic, but I would like to see Chris and Wesker die together as well. I mean, Chris represents the ultimate 'good' in Resident Evil, while Wesker represents the ultimate 'evil'. It would be interesting to kinda see them at the end of the series- 'cancel eachother out'. I think it may be too late for that now though :(

The problem with that is the message that is sent. In our world, I never like to see good die. The ultimate good should always prevail and live on after the defeat of the ultimate evil.

Harry Potter 7 spoiler:
That is why Harry Potter lived at the end of the series. :)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
That's very true. Only, at the same time- couldn't Chris' death be considered a kind of sacrifice for all that's 'good', though? So, in that case 'good' would still prevail as a result of this sacrifice? Or perhaps that's too biblical, heh. I don't know, I hope that didn't sound too stupid heh. I think I just prefer 'neutral' endings over happy ones. I'm weird that way :lol:

NiteKrawler

lol LFF. Are you sadistic? :p My opinion is that justice should always always prevail. I must take too much from Greek mythology. :) I just think that if you are going to have an end, you shouldn't have to be sad every time you think of it. Unless it is a LOTR kind of ending. Justice still prevails there. Notice Tolkien didn't kill Frodo. :)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
013;42079 said:
^Birkin of course. Even Wesker spoke highly of his intelligence in the report.

"I met a brilliant and talented researcher who made me decide to take a different path, William Birkin".:)

@Nite, I like that idea, for now he is dead, but Capcom can decide to bring him back...

Difference between now and Code Veronica's return, would be that Capcom really has to make an effort to bring him back, they have to screw and tweak with all kinds of things to make way for him coming back. Before it was left a bit more open, he was left behind in that room, there was plenty of time for him to get back up, etc..while this time the circumstances are a bit different.

Although this is just a little theory of mine, I would like Spencer to return, or at least I think his death left him open for coming back. I think if he had injected himself with something like P30, or soemthing that would bring him back, he could have been playing a Jigsaw while Chris & Jill were fighting Wesker....

@Le Femme Fatale, sorry, to be honest I am not sure how to use the search thing, not that I tried before making this thread, but I have never really found myself making a thread like one that existed, so I never had that problem....

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
@Le Femme Fatale, sorry, to be honest I am not sure how to use the search thing, not that I tried before making this thread, but I have never really found myself making a thread like one that existed, so I never had that problem....

Not a problem. :)

lol LFF. Are you sadistic? :p My opinion is that justice should always always prevail
Okay okay, you caught me. I just really, really don't like Chris, haha. :lol:

Anywho, I guess my issue if Wesker is still alive- would surround the whole purpose of RE 5 in the first place. I don't know if it would kinda... cheapen it, maybe? If that makes sense...

I think I'll let you guys get back to it now, haha.

NiteKrawler

I suppose it could cheapen it. But it served to introduce Uruburos, which could become prominent in the series. It gave a lot of background we didn't know about. It also officially introduced Tricell to us.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;42233 said:
I suppose it could cheapen it. But it served to introduce Uruburos, which could become prominent in the series. It gave a lot of background we didn't know about. It also officially introduced Tricell to us.

Yeah, RE5 definately cheapened alot of stuff, but it also added a few noteworthy things as well.:)

I think that one particular thing it cheapened would be the friendship between Bikin & Wesker.

Top Bottom