• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Wesker Dead Or Alive(dedicated to 013)

Wesker....

• Total voters

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;42242 said:
How did it cheapen Wesker and Birkin's friendship?

In alot of ways.

First it made this whole idea that Wesker was chosen beforehand, from the very beginning, and pretty much having the whole pathway to Umbrella paved for him, rather than meeting Birkin on his own terms, although it may have seemed that way to him at the time.

It shows that Birkin, one of Wesker's only friends, had been behind Wesker's back, dealing with Spencer in his plot with the whole Wesker Children thing, which is the main point I am talking about.

Shoot Them InThe Head

Wesker will be back... thats right, in a flashback!:p for the whole darkside chronicles thing.

I personally think he's finished! death was rushed yes but what do ya expect when the original creator had nothing to do with this game?!:(

Lets hope Tricell locate his sunglasses and clone another wesker from a stray eyelash!

NiteKrawler

Spike991;42245 said:
In alot of ways.

First it made this whole idea that Wesker was chosen beforehand, from the very beginning, and pretty much having the whole pathway to Umbrella paved for him, rather than meeting Birkin on his own terms, although it may have seemed that way to him at the time.

It shows that Birkin, one of Wesker's only friends, had been behind Wesker's back, dealing with Spencer in his plot with the whole Wesker Children thing, which is the main point I am talking about.

We don't know that Wesker didn't meet Birkin on his own terms. Sure he was supposed to be an Umbrella employee but Birkin may have actually been his friend. Also, we don't know that Birkin was working with Spencer. Spencer may have tricked Birkin into giving Wesker the P-30.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
NiteKrawler;42260 said:
We don't know that Wesker didn't meet Birkin on his own terms. Sure he was supposed to be an Umbrella employee but Birkin may have actually been his friend. Also, we don't know that Birkin was working with Spencer. Spencer may have tricked Birkin into giving Wesker the P-30.

Yeah, I meant to say that even though it may not have seemed that way to him at the time. So although he met Birkin on his own, him joining Umbrella was something that was made to happen.

And as for how Wesker to P30, it is common knowledge that Birkin gave it to him, the specifics are unknown, but regardless, this is something that adds some extra, and unneeded significance to the Wesker character, instead of having these two really great characters, while most overlook Birkin already, as a result of his small roles in the games, he is overshadowed that much more by common RE fans...thus cheapening the whole Wesker & Birkin friendship....

This was also foreshadowed in UC, the cheapening that is, by giving Birkin a 12 year old voice actor(not really), and while I didn't find Wesker's much better, it was at least an attempt to make it sound like Waugh...

Spike991;42245 said:
In alot of ways.

Not to mention Wesker actually having a REAL friendship with someone shows that Wesker did once have a human side dispite his history of betrayal. Not anymore though!

Don't get me wrong, I love Wesker as a Tyrant, BOW, half zombie, werewolf, kitty cat whatever the hell people want to call him, but it's nice to know that he was once a human with other interest other than COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION HUUUUUUHHAAA!!! (Sorry had a fan outburst.)

The problem with that is the message that is sent. In our world, I never like to see good die. The ultimate good should always prevail and live on after the defeat of the ultimate evil.

But see that's the problem, good ALWAYS prevail. How many of us knew that Wesker was most likely gonna die while Chris lived as soon as we found out that Wesker was gonna be in the game? Can't we get a change or surprize for once?

As for the message...Well sure we don't like to see good die, but they do, a VG surely shouldn't be any different. Let's be honest, most good people get ****ed up in real life. It just sounds too fairytale-ish to have the good guy walk away without a scratch while the bad guy is obliterated and all his/her hard work goes to waste, in every series. It gets WAY too predictable.

Not to mention, like I said, Wesker's no angel, but his idea really wasn't that bad, if you see it from his POV. Humans are screwing themselves and are slowly but surely bringing themselves to their own self-distruction.

Wesker only said everything that everyone else is thinking but afraid to admit. (No im not emo.) It's possible he had a plan to get rid of the giant spagetti monsters after the global saturation was done and the chaft was seperated from the wheat, so it wouldn't be akward sharing the world with giant bowls of rotten spagetti gone wild.

I could say more but the post is long enough. :D

NiteKrawler

013;42268 said:
But see that's the problem, good ALWAYS prevail. How many of us knew that Wesker was most likely gonna die while Chris lived as soon as we found out that Wesker was gonna be in the game? Can't we get a change or surprize for once?

As for the message...Well sure we don't like to see good die, but they do, a VG surely shouldn't be any different. Let's be honest, most good people get ****ed up in real life. It just sounds too fairytale-ish to have the good guy walk away without a scratch while the bad guy is obliterated and all his/her hard work goes to waste, in every series. It gets WAY too predictable.

Yes, good dies in real life. That is exactly the reason why good should prevail in literature. And of course the good guy should go through hell. Without going through trials, his/her character won't get fully developed. They need to go through life altering events so they come out of the story different than when they went in. As for the story being predictable when good beats evil, that isn't always true. If you are watching or reading about good fighting evil, do you ever really know what will happen? Not until the end. Also, you shouldn't have to be surprised just to be entertained. If the story is good, no surprise ending or twists need to happen. It also comes down to personal opinion. Personally, if I watch something in which evil ultimately prevails, I feel robbed. I'm not satisfied because there was no justice. If done correctly, I can deal with the hero/heroine making the ultimate sacrifice. Bad things must happen to the good in order for us to hate the bad. Look at classic literature and you will rarely ever see evil prevailing over good.

Not to mention, like I said, Wesker's no angel, but his idea really wasn't that bad, if you see it from his POV. Humans are screwing themselves and are slowly but surely bringing themselves to their own self-distruction.

The world is no longer black and white as it used to be. Wesker did indeed have the right idea, but his means were ultimately evil. His consequences were also evil.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
"Tyrant, BOW, half zombie, werewolf, kitty cat".:)

Well other than wanting Wesker to die because of his recent mishaps(Capcom and Douglas' fault) I would have liked something more original, and Chris getting beat up real nice would have been cool too, he didn't have to get beat up like John McClane, but I would expect maybe getting a bandage over his wound over his clothes like Leon in RE2, or a scar on his cheek like Leon in RE4...

And I think he could have gotten beat up real good if Sheva wasn't there, and then Chris could have pulled off some clever stuff in the fight...

I think that good should prevail, and well I also wouldn't call Wesker the ultimate evil, I think that role goes more to Spencer.

NiteKrawler;42271 said:
Yes, good dies in real life. That is exactly the reason why good should prevail in literature. And of course the good guy should go through hell. Without going through trials, his/her character won't get fully developed. They need to go through life altering events so they come out of the story different than when they went in. As for the story being predictable when good beats evil, that isn't always true. If you are watching or reading about good fighting evil, do you ever really know what will happen? Not until the end. Also, you shouldn't have to be surprised just to be entertained. If the story is good, no surprise ending or twists need to happen. It also comes down to personal opinion. Personally, if I watch something in which evil ultimately prevails, I feel robbed. I'm not satisfied because there was no justice. If done correctly, I can deal with the hero/heroine making the ultimate sacrifice. Bad things must happen to the good in order for us to hate the bad. Look at classic literature and you will rarely ever see evil prevailing over good.

I still think the idea is way too over done. Story makers should come up with unique ideas to show creativity and originality. That's one of the reasons they changed RE. Sure people said they liked it, but after seeing the same thing over and over and over people would have gotten irritated and bored from the same formula.

A good example would be an anime called Inuyasha, it was a hit an interesting idea fun characters...then it got repetitious and predicting. Every damn episode was the same damn thing. Monster attacks, Inuyasha kills monster happy day. After a while the ratings dropped and big time fans just stopped watching the series completely after years of loving it because it was just too predictable. None of the good characters died and most of the bad guys were killed or lost to the main character.

That's why I love SAW so much and the first Jeepers Creepers. The bad guy actually wins for a change. When I first saw (No pun intended.) Jeepers Creepers and the guy died at the end I was like O_O..."His sister is gonna come and avenge him right?" Yeah...never happend, and it was great. The surprize made the movie that much more entertaining and better in my opinion.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Perfect examples in films.:) I love those tragic endings, and they are especially great when you get to know the characters. Look at every other Star Wars film, like Ep.1, 3, and 5. Those are all tragic and are wins for the Empire, or whatever evil force at the time, perhaps the Confederacy...

This also exists in RE, like Wil's death in RE2(flashback), Aledia's awakening in CVX, numerous things from both Outbreaks, seeing Jill controlled by Wesker in RE5...

NiteKrawler

013;42276 said:
I still think the idea is way too over done. Story makers should come up with unique ideas to show creativity and originality. That's one of the reasons they changed RE. Sure people said they liked it, but after seeing the same thing over and over and over people would have gotten irritated and bored from the same formula.

A good example would be an anime called Inuyasha, it was a hit an interesting idea fun characters...then it got repetitious and predicting. Every damn episode was the same damn thing. Monster attacks, Inuyasha kills monster happy day. After a while the ratings dropped and big time fans just stopped watching the series completely after years of loving it because it was just too predictable. None of the good characters died and most of the bad guys were killed or lost to the main character.

That's why I love SAW so much and the first Jeepers Creepers. The bad guy actually wins for a change. When I first saw (No pun intended.) Jeepers Creepers and the guy died at the end I was like O_O..."His sister is gonna come and avenge him right?" Yeah...never happend, and it was great. The surprize made the movie that much more entertaining and better in my opinion.

You think Saw is good versus evil? Saw is and always has been evil teaching evil a lesson. The ending there doesn't matter because no matter what, evil loses. And the first Jeepers Creepers had that ending but the second brought the justice in. Sure the thing will come back (I hear they are making a 3rd) but it was defeated.

@Spike: Although the Empire won in the end of a few of the movies, in the final end, good prevails. Even the tragic endings for Star Wars(especially 3), you are left with hope. ...A new hope perhaps...lol.

^True, but most people in the movie see John (Jigsaw) as the bad guy. And he always wins, even in death.

NiteKrawler

Indeed. But as long as there really isn't a good force in the story, then justice cannot prevail. Even if someone sees John as the bad guy, it doesn't mean the victims are good.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
013;42279 said:
^True, but most people in the movie see John (Jigsaw) as the bad guy. And he always wins, even in death.

Jigsaw is a bad guy, but he thinks he is a good guy. Same with Wesker, or The Carver(Nip/Tuck).:)

I thought of some more examples of the bad guy prevailing, Silence Of The Lambs, Psycho II, Basic Instinct....

^God of War is a good example too. No one is on the good side that game. Everyone is in it for their own selfish deeds. Kraytos isn't what I would call a good guy.

Yeah, i've seen good prevail too many times to care anymore. XD I wanna see some bad guys shove their foot up good's booty, or as femme said, cancel each other out like Chris and Wesker should have done.

xAussieVeteranx

yea,like on the volcano mission,
when wesker has got hold of sheva when they're about to crash.

maybe to see chris dive after here,and he miss's.
and sheva die's along with wesker.

or in the final fight with wesker,you fire the rpg and it hits wesker,
but he pulls the chopper one more time,and chris falls out.

xAussieVeteranx;42363 said:
but he pulls the chopper one more time,and chris falls out.
Oh that would have been interesting. Tragic, but a much more unpredictable movement and not such a cheap ending. But maybe have it to where he falls onto Wesker, so he doesn't fall directly into the lava and melts right away, ya know have a little bit of a struggle.

But then again an instant death by falling directly into the lava like that would be quite a O_O moment. Like El Gigante pulling Leon into the lava except it's canon. A nice little surprise for the fans. Hehe.

NiteKrawler

I'm not that desperate to be "entertained". I feel using a tactic like surprising the audience is a cheap way around good story telling. Even if the story is bad, all people would talk about is the surprise ending. To me, that's cheap.

^...But...Being entertained is the whole point of playing video games and watching movies, it's a form of entertainment and surprizes are a good ingredient to it. (Who continues to play a video game if they're not entertained?)If you already know everything that's gonna happen, and how it's gonna happen there's hardly anypoint.(Inless you're replaying it.) That's why most people don't want spoilers they want to be surprized the first time they see a movie or a game. It's a wonderful feeling, like seeing a bad ass trailer for the first time. Yeah it'd be cheap if the whole story was bad, but i'd rather have a bad story with an entertaining ending, than a bad story with a bad ending.

*Sigh* It's appears that we just don't get each other on the matter.

Top Bottom