• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Sheva or Ashley... who's the WORST sidekick?

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Think about it like this. Would you or would you not expect someone whose life is in danger to at LEAST pick up a rock or punch someone while being kidnapped? Ashley is, arguably, completely useless and annoying. You can't tell me that you never once thought, "God! Just take her and show me a way out of here?"

Sheva, on the other hand, is your partner. She attempts to handle herself and guard your back. At least she DOES something other than scream for help every three and a half seconds.

It's really just picking the lesser of two evils and I pick the one with a gun. :p

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I've only watched Steve play with Ashley as a sidekick and I've played with Sheva - Ashley makes me want to smash my own face in with a rock just to stop her screaming "help" every ten seconds. She really is effing useless - I half expected her to produce a dinky handbag and try to spray Mace as her defence. In fact, she'd be quasi-useful if she did do that...

Sheva has her annoying points - such as going mental with the first aid sprays and ammo. I swear she gets a papercut and starts spraying first aid everywhere. I actually take ammo and weapons off her and give it out like pocket money just to stop her wasting the stuff. But she can shoot (even if she does stand in my way a lot) and is markedly more useful than Ashley. She doesn't keep getting carted off by someone and need rescuing, she can hold her own in a firefight and she looks better so I'm going with Ashley being worst this time around.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Think about it like this. Would you or would you not expect someone whose life is in danger to at LEAST pick up a rock or punch someone while being kidnapped? Ashley is, arguably, completely useless and annoying. You can't tell me that you never once thought, "God! Just take her and show me a way out of here?"

Sheva, on the other hand, is your partner. She attempts to handle herself and guard your back. At least she DOES something other than scream for help every three and a half seconds.

It's really just picking the lesser of two evils and I pick the one with a gun. :p

It really is picking the lesser of two evils, I would just expect more from Sheva, considering we were forced to work with her, and when I had a death because of her annoying AI, I found that more annoying than a death caused by Ashley...don't her only real issue was screaming a lot.

I guess Ashley seems like she was a challenge, but an intended challenge, Sheva is supposed to lighten the load, but just made things more challenging, unintentionally because of the uncooperative AI, thus making her more annoying.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I understand what you mean and to be honest I never looked at it that way. But the possibility of having a partner, whether it's AI or player controlled, that can fight with you to some capacity and hold things for you, is just a better choice in my opinion. My vote here is a bit one-sided, I've never been that big of a fan of RE4.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I understand what you mean and to be honest I never looked at it that way. But the possibility of having a partner, whether it's AI or player controlled, that can fight with you to some capacity and hold things for you, is just a better choice in my opinion. My vote here is a bit one-sided, I've never been that big of a fan of RE4.

I think something that might have made some people's minds up was Ashley's screaming....

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Haha, seeing this thread brought back flashbacks of Resident Evil 4 on Pro when I wanted to shoot Ashley most of the time.

To me, Ashley was easily the worst sidekick. At least Sheva could wield a weapon and help you out here and there (especially when she's set to 'attack'), whereas Ashley would drop to her knees in a crowd full of zombies and cry... ugh. Even a person with no experience holding a gun should be able to point and shoot; even if it wasn't a headshot in the game, it would've helped more than cowering amidst a horde of Majinis lol.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
To be honest, I can't understand for the life of me why people are saying Sheva is the worst sidekick of the two. Because really - if YOU were stuck fighting zombies, majinis and ganados, can you honestly say you'd rather have Ashley backing you up then Sheva?

SpawnShooter

This party's getting crazy!
I didn't like Sheva, but I hated Ashley.

Plus at least my mate can be Sheva *weird amazonian cosplay mental image* *shudders*

Josh

Ashley is a dead weight & useless that hides scared if she can. sheva I heard she occasionally wastes ammo, OCCASIONALLY! that's bull, if she can she go threw 100 bullets in half an hour to 20 minutes she will & every other scrap of ammo left in the inventory but she can be very helpful when there's mobs of baddies & if chris is near death she's always there to help. she's a great inventory aswell . overall ashley is the worste side kick considering she doesn't have a gun (she cant hold a gun, who knows maybe she's missing a few fingers), she cant even jump from a ledge 2 1/2 meter's high (My 7 year old sister can :/), she only ever comunicates when she's being attacked.

Top Bottom