• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Sheva or Ashley... who's the WORST sidekick?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
FlameX;91467 said:
she wastes her HG ammo on nothing XD
Typical AI. I think it must be difficult to code sensible resource management into AI. In most games I've played this is more or less a problem - the AI spend large resources to combat a small problem. Example from a RPG: The enemy AI uses an unnecessary powerful spell to kill a small creature like that bat I sent to him. The spell the AI used to kill my bat costs five times more than the spell I use to summon a new bat. This only happens if the AI has lots of mana, but a human wouldn't waste resources (mana) that way.

I can imagine the problem with Sheva is the same; she uses a HG to kill one enemy that could have been killed with a couple bullets?

They say that coding AI is more complex and difficult than what we think, I think they are right. :ermm:

aoshi

Sheva is a lot better than ashley cuz she can fire and attack.Also helps out chris.

Ashley is a real pain and is more pain when she is on hunting ground. Could she not run when zombies are near her?

sadistic_greyfox

Sheva, easier on the eyes :D . Nah but I actually didn't mind sheva she was a better partner ai wise than most of the run and gunners i played with in the past.

FlameX

Majini Slayer
Romero;91513 said:

Typical AI. I think it must be difficult to code sensible resource management into AI. In most games I've played this is more or less a problem - the AI spend large resources to combat a small problem. Example from a RPG: The enemy AI uses an unnecessary powerful spell to kill a small creature like that bat I sent to him. The spell the AI used to kill my bat costs five times more than the spell I use to summon a new bat. This only happens if the AI has lots of mana, but a human wouldn't waste resources (mana) that way.

I can imagine the problem with Sheva is the same; she uses a HG to kill one enemy that could have been killed with a couple bullets?

They say that coding AI is more complex and difficult than what we think, I think they are right. :ermm:

well it is hard as hell , ive tryed to create a mod for hl2 with an better AI , but it takes a very long time. i was like 12% done with it and it toke more then 2 months, i ragequited XD

Chris90

Havent got to play RE5 yet..... as Im working throug the old ones.
But would guess Sheva is better, as she help you. But the thing with RE4 is that you are supposed to help a helpless girl :lol:

So it would be kinda ruined if Ashley was a war machine :p

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Chris90;91953 said:
So it would be kinda ruined if Ashley was a war machine :p
Yes, but the least she could do was to run to Leon and not sit down when ganados approached her. :dry:

Umbrella Corporation

Some few annoying experience

Sheva - She waste so much bullets but never seen she missed the target.

Ashley - Run, hide in the bin, hide behind Leon's back, Piggyback, irritating shouts such as (Leon HELP!!!) and some other things she can do. Not to mention the Pervert reaction.

Leonlover

Huh? o.O
In my opinion of course i will say "Sheva" Why..? because she's WAAAYYY better than "Ashley" ... Ashley she can't do anything just screaming and that rly annoys me...also..she's with leon..that why i hate her more now >.< lol :p

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Leonlover;92171 said:
In my opinion of course i will say "Sheva" Why..? because she's WAAAYYY better than "Ashley" ... Ashley she can't do anything just screaming and that rly annoys me...also..she's with leon..that why i hate her more now >.< lol :p
I don't know if you're ironic or accidentally contradicted yourself there. :D ;)

MeinHerzBrennt

Zombie Butt Kicker
Oh man. This one is tough! :p

Everytime I play RE5 Sheva ALWAYS shoots me! Waste ammo by shooting me in the back. Grrr. I kill most of the bad guys while she shoots me, then complains that she doesn't have anymore ammo.

Ashley is a pain. Always complaining, never trying to protect herself. I swear if they had kept her longer they would probably would have killed her or themselves.

residentevil#1

ASHLEY IS NOT A SIDEKICK! SHEVA IS THE SIDEKICK!! ASHLEY IS A 20 YEAR OLD LEON HAS TO WATCH/SAVE! SHE ISNT THERE TO START SHOOTING GUNS AT PEOPLE AND THEN BOOM HEADSHOT! I DONT THINK SO..........EVEN IF SHE WAS A SIDEKICK SHE IS STILL WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN SHEVA! SHE JUST GOT ON MY NERVES SO MUCH!!! SHEVA = NOSY, ANNOYING!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
residentevil#1;94760 said:
ASHLEY IS NOT A SIDEKICK! SHEVA IS THE SIDEKICK!! ASHLEY IS A 20 YEAR OLD LEON HAS TO WATCH/SAVE! SHE ISNT THERE TO START SHOOTING GUNS AT PEOPLE AND THEN BOOM HEADSHOT! I DONT THINK SO..........EVEN IF SHE WAS A SIDEKICK SHE IS STILL WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN SHEVA! SHE JUST GOT ON MY NERVES SO MUCH!!! SHEVA = NOSY, ANNOYING!
For your info, typing in upper case letters indicates shouting and is bad netiquette.

residentevil#1

Romero;94784 said:

For your info, typing in upper case letters indicates shouting and is bad netiquette.

oh, sorry sometimes the caps lock just comes on when i am typing! my sis says i type too fast!! sorry guys, i didnt want to scream or shout!

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
How is this even debatable? I know people have their reasons for not liking Sheva, but Ashley isn't as much a sidekick as she is a burden.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
La Femme Fatale;95567 said:
How is this even debatable? I know people have their reasons for not liking Sheva, but Ashley isn't as much a sidekick as she is a burden.
I agree. I don't think of Ashley as a sidekick. She's of no help other than warn Leon of boulders and finding cranks. =]
To use Leon's words; she's a "subject".

Jillomar

I am pretty new to resident evil, Resident Evil 5 was my first real RE experience besides the movies, and from what I've seen in videos of Ashley, she doesn't really do much. Yes Sheva has some issues but she definitely has her uses and I found that I really like Sheva. Sheva wins.

Shefa

Sheva is the ideal company you need when you are surrounded with Zombies...she is the best!! and Ashley is a good for nothing...not even able to give a punch...she's the bore!! For Me, Sheva is just too good.

!

Top Bottom