• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Sheva or Ashley... who's the WORST sidekick?

Night@ookami

The Hunting Deity
this is like comparing robin and robin with thumbs.....the regular robin is better because he doesn't do anything. My re5 experience has told me the robin that can do things with its thumbs is worse.....regular robin is sexy due to having no thumbs (being helpless).

edit: if you have a robin with thumbs actually helping you and not an AI then kill it as quickly as you can....they are known for trollin me lol.

Fallen One

Λεωνίδας
Ashely by far was the biggest pain in the ass. Sheva for all of her annoying actions she is a deadeye armed properly and can be use full at "times".

Nightstalker

At first I really hated Sheva. Now I can see that her AI is not as bad as I first thought. Sure, she gets in the way at the worst times but she is still better than Ashley.

Larae

Candy Tactician
Yes, I have never liked lugging characters around in games, and Ashley was one of the worst, goodness.
At least Sheva has a gun and can heal herself.

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
Surprisingly, I would say Sheva. Ashley, although defenseless, can get a special costume which makes her invincible.
Sheva is terrible with a gun, she uses all the ammo too quick and wastes the healing supplies.
Plus I find it funny that Ashley can call you a pervert.

Felicia

Well I never played 5 alone.. actually I was always Sheva, so clearly she was one hell of a bad ass. x] However I never understood all the hate Sheva has gotten, perhaps I'd understand if I played the game alone, but I always seen her as an intelligent, independent woman.

Ashley on the other hand, was the typical damsel in distress and annoyed me wayy more. So it's really no contest to me.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
I liked her as a character. I liked the backstory the files gave her. I do not like how much of a drag she is during gameplay.

At least with Ashley, you could find a safe spot for her, tell her to stay put, and then let Leon and his gun do their thing. It added a bit of depth and strategy to the gameplay, unlike Sheva where she's just a mindless stand-in for a real-life partner.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
For me...and most fans...The issue with Sheva is not her AI...Well...that's not the MAIN issue...It was her lack of character development, simple/generic backstory, over-use of the word "partner" making it feel more like a buddy cop film, and the fact that SHE was the one who took out Wesker with Chris rather than Jill, who was sitting RIGHT there and had MUCH more of a history with him...Plus, in the original script, her character was non-playable and TOTALLY different...

Ashley was pretty much the REASON for RE4, so she has ten times more relevance to the series...I'm not arguing or hating or anything, just sharing my feelings, as well as the feelings of some of the others most likely...

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
For me...and most fans...The issue with Sheva is not her AI...Well...that's not the MAIN issue...It was her lack of character development, simple/generic backstory, over-use of the word "partner" making it feel more like a buddy cop film, and the fact that SHE was the one who took out Wesker with Chris rather than Jill, who was sitting RIGHT there and had MUCH more of a history with him...Plus, in the original script, her character was non-playable and TOTALLY different...

Ashley was pretty much the REASON for RE4, so she has ten times more relevance to the series...I'm not arguing or hating or anything, just sharing my feelings, as well as the feelings of some of the others most likely...
I think I stated the thing about her helping with Wesker in a different thread, so I totally agree. Capcom really messed up on that one. :L

JKG555

Sheva aint a sidekick shes a main character and the worst sidekick has to Rebecca even Sherry was better than Rebecca atleast u could chuck Sherry frew vents to open doors all Rebecca could do is read labels on bottles and destroy the classic moonlight sinatra

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Sheva aint a sidekick shes a main character and the worst sidekick has to Rebecca even Sherry was better than Rebecca atleast u could chuck Sherry frew vents to open doors all Rebecca could do is read labels on bottles and destroy the classic moonlight sinatra
...Oh...And the fact that she could heal you completely means nothing? Besides, Sheva IS a sidekick...She plays second place to Chris that ENTIRE game...And it should stay that way..

P.S. It's Moonlight Sonata...

The_Green_King

gotta go with ashley. she wasnt even a sidekick as much as she was a thorn in your side. at least sheva could kill enemies and assist you in battle. all ashley did was stand around and bitch and make me waste herbs and sprays when she wasnt smart enough to run from a horde of villagers lol.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
gotta go with ashley. she wasnt even a sidekick as much as she was a thorn in your side. at least sheva could kill enemies and assist you in battle. all ashley did was stand around and bitch and make me waste herbs and sprays when she wasnt smart enough to run from a horde of villagers lol.
Awww...But what about those...Ya know...Ballistics...

Genesis_of_Nemesis

Dead Man Walking
Depends.

Under normal circumstances, I'd prefer Sheva over Ashley. Despite the former constantly running out of ammo at times, that can be fixed once you beat the game when you gain access to unlimited ammo guns, especially the longbow. Ashley needs to be watched over constantly to make sure that she doesn't get kidnapped, especially in the 'water room' inside the castle. And it sucks when you do a new run of the game and have to build her health up.

But if we are to compare them at their prime (unlimited ammo Sheva vs knight armored Ashley), then I'd have to say that I like Ashley more, since nothing can harm her or take her away. Its always fun for me to watch everyone trying to kill/capture her and fail.

Top Bottom