• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Zombie Survival Tips ;3

Machete

You are assuming you have the mental reaction at close distances to do such things. Ask any combat veteran and they can tell you it's not just "I STABZ YOU NUB!!!". There's the chance your opponent will move different than expected or who knows what. That's why you want to greet something that excels in close combat (the zombie) at long range. True knives have their place but I wouldn't only carry just a knife if I could afford it. I'd also carry something like a crow-bar. It has a far longer reach than your average knife and I can swap on the fly from using it as a tool to using it as a weapon.

Knives aren't miracle items just because they don't require ammo despite what you are all trying to imply. You all represent good points but as I've mentioned before, there's a level of mental tension that I can assure none of you would be able to think so clearly in for the first time, the second time, or maybe even the third time. This isn't something that comes naturally either, it requires training and more importantly: it requires will and determination to help out the training. True, guns require training and maintenance but I can catch a Tango at a greater range and with less mental stress at sixty yards with a pistol than with a knife at arm's distance and less.

My final point: ammo would actually not be that hard to find in such a gun-influenced society. I know a man next door who has four rifles and keeps around three hundred rounds for each of them. Besides 'Joe McAverage' there would be countless gun stores (I know at least three in as many a mile-radius) across the US. Next to that you have law enforcement positions that would undoubtedly fall (nat all, some) and National Guard/military positions of the same nature so you would probably find times when you were practically tripping over ammo.

Hoady

Machete;44205 said:
You are assuming you have the mental reaction at close distances to do such things. Ask any combat veteran and they can tell you it's not just "I STABZ YOU NUB!!!". There's the chance your opponent will move different than expected or who knows what. That's why you want to greet something that excels in close combat (the zombie) at long range. True knives have their place but I wouldn't only carry just a knife if I could afford it. I'd also carry something like a crow-bar. It has a far longer reach than your average knife and I can swap on the fly from using it as a tool to using it as a weapon.

We all have an instinct though it may not guaranteed survival but there is most certainly a chance and i'll take that chance even if it takes 3-5 seconds for me to pull it out theres a possibility i could've held him off that time.I do know what your saying though and you make a good point but its better then nothing and i definately wouldn't take two of the exact same weapon.Put it this way it would be bigger the Leons knife lol, i do like the idea of a crowbar or something of the like(tyre iron,big wrench)i'd replace with a second knife in a second.

My final point: ammo would actually not be that hard to find in such a gun-influenced society. I know a man next door who has four rifles and keeps around three hundred rounds for each of them. Besides 'Joe McAverage' there would be countless gun stores (I know at least three in as many a mile-radius) across the US. Next to that you have law enforcement positions that would undoubtedly fall (nat all, some) and National Guard/military positions of the same nature so you would probably find times when you were practically tripping over ammo.
In some areas thats definately possibly in somewhere like australia though finding ammo or guns is very rare, our gun license laws are incredibly strict the amount of people you would find with guns would turn out to be incredibly scarce.Its because its so difficult getting a gun license here you have to shoot at shooting range for months before you can get your first gun which would be something like a .22 rifle, and then i'm sure you have to attend a tournament official/unnofficial and then do more shooting range till you can keep going up a license.To have the best gun license can take many years...I best get started.

There are gun shops but they are rare and thats the problem they could've been raided beforehand but i do know of shooting ranges hidden in bushland i don't know what kinda guns they can have there but its definately worth a shot but i'm certain hicks would crowd the place.As for military we have one base probably an 1 and a half hour drive away and its all fenced off they probably still be guarded fairly though and wouldn't let anyone in...wait it out a few weeks come back lol.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Spike991;44215 said:
or a stun gun
Excellent idea, Mr. Spike! :)
Theese "guns" are also very light and small, why are they not in the games?
I'd love to have a stun gun. :D

Hoady

Lmao tazering a zombie would be well funny, well unless the zombie grabs you then you will both break off into some insane dance.Probably would even work on a licker i was thinking like Mr. X he may deflect bullets but electricity is a different story that stuff just paralyses you all around.

Machete

Wrong sir, your average CQB/CQC fight with a human (a being no longer always built to excel at close combat due to modern times) you have fractions of a second on average to react...assuming you're not surprised/injured/attacked from behind. Zombies may move slower but they're built for up-close-and-personal fighting and many writings attribute strength greater than the average human to them. Also, what I mean with the military wasn't that you find it from a live base: you find it from the bodies/vehicles because living military personnel would probably hold their gear close.

In Resident Evil, I'd have to agree with Romero. Seeing Las Plagas spaz out or watching a licker have a siezure would be hilarious. Question is, if they were in the game should the program it as non-lethal or that if you shoot them enough and close enough (like in Saints Row 2) they die?

Hoady

Oh yeah well if you get attacked from behind your literally screwed unless you do some sick judo flippage over the shoulder lol.From the front side of things its possible, well its always possible to survive i guess i didn't think zombies were stronger then humans i'd expect them to have the same level of strength as any average human, i suppose another fact is that they will never hesitate to stop.

Imagine fighting Dawn of the Dead zombies, that would suck so badly.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Machete;44408 said:
In Resident Evil, I'd have to agree with Romero. Seeing Las Plagas spaz out or watching a licker have a siezure would be hilarious. Question is, if they were in the game should the program it as non-lethal or that if you shoot them enough and close enough (like in Saints Row 2) they die?
I don't know if the tazer can be made powerful enough to stop a heart. But at least the enemy will be incapacitated for a moment letting you kill it by other means.

What is a licker?

Hoady

This thing.
resh_resurvivor_criatura_licker.jpg

Its tongue is strong enough to stab through a human torso.:confused:

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Captain Courageous;44424 said:
This thing.
resh_resurvivor_criatura_licker.jpg

Its tongue is strong enough to stab through a human torso.:confused:
When I quote your post, I can see a link. :huh: When I view your post, the image is not there. No trace of the link nor the image. :blink:
Can anyone confirm if they can see the image Captain Courageous posted? Its URL is in the quote in this post. So if you can see it, you can see it in this post. I can't.

But I pasted the url into the browser, and this way I can see the creature. I've also seen it in one of the signatures around here.

What a weird monster. Its brain is totally unprotected? Should be easy to kill?
Its flexible long thin tongue should not be able to stab a human torso, but maybe there's some magic/alien strength involved.
I'm not going to kiss it. In which games can I meet it?

Machete

Captain Courageous;44420 said:
Oh yeah well if you get attacked from behind your literally screwed unless you do some sick judo flippage over the shoulder lol.From the front side of things its possible, well its always possible to survive i guess i didn't think zombies were stronger then humans i'd expect them to have the same level of strength as any average human, i suppose another fact is that they will never hesitate to stop.

Imagine fighting Dawn of the Dead zombies, that would suck so badly.

The thing is, I think, that the tongue moves so fast and it gets rigid fromn. Also, it's brain may be unprotected (at least visually, I don't know if there is an invisible layer like an alligator/crocodile's eyes to protect it frOm weather.) the problem is aiming at and hitting something that can pull a Spiderman and run on the roof and walls.

You will fight it in Resident Evil 2, with the first encounter being a hall in the RPD. I don't know about RE 1 but I think you do in that one as well...and maybe #3.

Fighting Dawn of the Dead zombies would make you incapable of how much of a 'F*CK' situation you were in.

831905-horde_super.png

Even those few would be bad.

To answer the strength question: I can't remember who the author is but she wrote a series of Resident Evil books that take place during and between the games. Every time somebody is grabbed by a zombie, it very often describes iron grips that are nearly impossible to escape-from grips. Basically, they're tough as hell.

JACKXS

1.any long arm that dosnt doble as a club is a waste of time.
2.9mm or 55.6 are ment to wound not kill go for a real impact.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Yes running is perhaps the safest. But I'm sure karate or judo would come handy also.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Setting zombies on fire always works = ) lol or break there spine so they stand all crooked...

Or... Bear traps !! lol

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
echoey;69398 said:
Setting zombies on fire always works = ) lol or break there spine so they stand all crooked...

Or... Bear traps !! lol
Bear traps didn't work on the ganados. Disappointing...

And the zombies in Half-Life 2 could live after their torso was separated from the lower body! They could crawl and attack! (I found out in a dark tunnel and I freaked a bit...)

Top Bottom