• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Who were those characters?

cazmantis

Who was the main character you play as? You know, the man. I know he calls himself Chris Redfield but surely there's been some kind of mistake. The Chris Redfield I remember from Resi 1 looked a lot different from the guy in this Resident Evil game. But perhaps I'm being too harsh...graphics have gotten better I suppose so perhaps I'll let them off on this. What I cannot forgive is the character calling itself Jill Valentine...apart from not looking at all similar in the face, the girl has blonde hair where Jill's was brown. What's going on here!?! She also looked about 10 years younger than Jill from Resi 1 or 3!

Oh well...at least Wesker still looks like something out of the Matrix...

A_Wesker123

The Original
Haha i know what ya mean. I was shocked at Jill in this game.

As for Chris, i guess it's just down to the better graphics available nowadays and also i think the designers where trying to get across this strong, very masculine character which explains his huge arms and his overall appearance.

Resident evil 5

I think they said Jill looks like that because of the experamentation done on her while she was captured. I do want to know whatever happened to Hunk, Ada, and Claire. enough of leon he had his own game and a movie (I know claire was in it too but that doesn't tell if she ever re-unites with chris):confused:

P.S.
Sorry for double post computer lagged and it didn't look like it posted at first.

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

Well with Jill's appearance that is mostly down to her being kept in cryo-statis and the T-Virus being brought from its dormant state and mutating into the T-antibodies...

The Blonde hair comes from her hair folicles becoming discoloured due to the mutation of the virus into anti-bodies coupled with the cryogenic storage, and the paleness of her skin is due to Wesker's extraction of "said" anti-bodies for his experiments.

The one character I want to know more about is definatley Hunk, it still needs to be explained as to what the heck he was doing in europe in RE4 :p

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S;36763 said:
Well with Jill's appearance that is mostly down to her being kept in cryo-statis and the T-Virus being brought from its dormant state and mutating into the T-antibodies...

The Blonde hair comes from her hair folicles becoming discoloured due to the mutation of the virus into anti-bodies coupled with the cryogenic storage, and the paleness of her skin is due to Wesker's extraction of "said" anti-bodies for his experiments.

Exactly, the pigments in her hair and skin were effected by the experiments.

As for Chris, men age well. Duh. :D

Zombie Enclave

cazmantis;36282 said:
What I cannot forgive is the character calling itself Jill Valentine...apart from not looking at all similar in the face, the girl has blonde hair where Jill's was brown.

I like to call it the Leon effect. Character with brown hair= Blonde hair after

Levan

Polkka. lol
I still remember Chris in CV/CVX, he didn't have facial hair and he was pretty thin. I guess he changed a lot after that, probably through either daily exercise or steroids. I think it's the latter... :p

Ms.Redfieldgirl

I wounld'nt expect Chris to look the same 10 years ago, he's 35 years old now. But he's voice sure sounds similar to the first, just a little more mature.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i cant believe this is actually a discussion, its a simple answer, TIME...people age, hairstyles change etc.
you can't expect them to look like re1, however many years later..
its stupid to suggest that.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
^Thank you!

Iced Digger;37963 said:
Mabye blod hair in the Resident Evil universe is really popular.:lol:

Not quite. But almost every character that we've seen in RE has green/blue eyes.

C. Redfield

We had characters from Outbreak that were non-white :D
Re5's Characters did look different, I couldnt even notice Jill in the game :(.

Fayrra

Schrodinger's Cat
cazmantis;36282 said:
What I cannot forgive is the character calling itself Jill Valentine...apart from not looking at all similar in the face, the girl has blonde hair where Jill's was brown.
Yeah, that thing definitely looks nothing like Jill. At all.
cazmantis;36282 said:
Oh well...at least Wesker still looks like something out of the Matrix...
Lmao.
iHadeSsS;38062 said:
i cant believe this is actually a discussion,
lol. Well, you should believe it. Because it's real. A discussion can be made out of almost anything.
iHadeSsS;38062 said:
its a simple answer, TIME...people age, hairstyles change etc. you can't expect them to look like re1, however many years later..its stupid to suggest that.
Of course but it should be within reason. I mean seldom do people look completely different with no resemblance at all unless they got some kind of plastic surgery. And I'm not talking about Chris or any of the other characters. With them you can see a little resemblance. But with Jill, ugh, don't get me started. That **** made me want to rip my eyes out. And the answer to why they look different is simple. It's a ****ing game. Not real life where real logic has to apply. Maybe they wanted to change the way the characters looked with the new graphics. After all, Leon changed a lot too. That's just how game makers are, sometimes they just want to change things. Including characters.

Hunk, Billy, and maybe Rebbecca are the only characters I would like to find out about. Not neccisarily make a game off of them, but I would just like to know where the hell they are and what the hell they are doing.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I think Chris looks fine...he certainly looks a bit different, but the facial hair and different hairstyle can go a long way.:)

If I had some good Chris pics from RE5 I could make a good comparision...unfortuantely I haven't found as many good RE5 Chris pics...

NiteKrawler

Why Jill looks different was explained. Why does Chris look different? Maybe it's his muscles? I mean, if I were constantly being thrown into these zombie apocolypse settings, I'd bulk up a bit too in my free time. As for HUNK being in Europe, he obviously heard gunshots and just came to chill.

Top Bottom