• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Turo602

The King of Kings
Who else is ****ed the **** off about the whole Captain America bull****? Not only is it stupid as hell, it's freaking offensive considering the origins of the character and his purpose back when he was created. Also with everything his character stands for. I'm okay with the Quake twist because that is freaking awesome, but Captain America?

**** YOU MARVEL!

For those who don't know. Apparently Captain America was ALWAYS a sleeper agent for HYDRA and always a bad guy, they are also claiming that this is canon and NOT a spinoff. http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/

Did you actually read the comic? I see no need for outrage. It's just a story and it will eventually be resolved. I also fail to see what's so offensive about it.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
It's no secret what I think about cyber criminals, but I would be tempted of doing the same. They are assholes too, but sometimes you can use one asshole to do their thing on another asshole. Justice can be dirty, but it's always beautiful. ;)
I think it's fair, as long as I charge the value of my ring, haha.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
It's given me a real boost with my diet when my grandma put her arm around my waist today and said, 'Jen, you're disappearing!'

But I'm taking a break from eating healthy tonight. Gonna have wine and nibbles tonight with my mum. We've got the house to ourselves so we're gonna watch the Britain's Got Talent final and relax.

Living the high life. ;P

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I can't stand it when I tell someone I'm not ready to do something and they bug me about it.

"When will you be ready?"

"I'll let you know when I'm ready.."

"Okay."

Comes back about every 10 minutes for an hour or so and asks if I'm ready yet.

Someone give me a plate to break over my head or somethin'...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
This reminds me of one of my father's many annoying habits. When I'm on a visit and he asks me to do something for him, he usually says it's not urgent and that I can do it whenever I feel like it. Yet he keeps coming back every five minutes to ask if I've already done it. Ugh! If you need it right away, why don't you just say it?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Well, we'll probably have a lot less tourists in town now that the Quamichan Inn is gone. Both because it was obviously an inn and because it was a 105 year-old landmark.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Who else is ****ed the **** off about the whole Captain America bull****? Not only is it stupid as hell, it's freaking offensive considering the origins of the character and his purpose back when he was created. Also with everything his character stands for. I'm okay with the Quake twist because that is freaking awesome, but Captain America?

**** YOU MARVEL!

For those who don't know. Apparently Captain America was ALWAYS a sleeper agent for HYDRA and always a bad guy, they are also claiming that this is canon and NOT a spinoff. http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/
Did you actually read the comic? I see no need for outrage. It's just a story and it will eventually be resolved. I also fail to see what's so offensive about it.
I admit, it goes against everything that Steve stands for, but this was in the first issue of the current storyline. It could be a double-bluff, Cap could be a double- or even triple-agent, we don't know yet. The storylines only just begun. For all we know, this could be part of a plan Steve put in place to take down Hydra once and for all, from the inside. I hope that this is where they're going with it, but we won't know until the end of the run.
I agree though that it's both a slap in the face for the fans, and somewhat insulting considering Caps history. He was created by two Jewish men, the first issue of his comic had him punching Hitler in the face on the cover, and Hydra have always been considered to be Marvel's version of the Nazis. Also, from a story standpoint, it contradicts the entire backstory, because Cap has been fighting Hydra since WW2. Regardless of what direction the story goes, Marvel have definitely mishandled the situation.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I admit, it goes against everything that Steve stands for, but this was in the first issue of the current storyline. It could be a double-bluff, Cap could be a double- or even triple-agent, we don't know yet. The storylines only just begun. For all we know, this could be part of a plan Steve put in place to take down Hydra once and for all, from the inside. I hope that this is where they're going with it, but we won't know until the end of the run.
I agree though that it's both a slap in the face for the fans, and somewhat insulting considering Caps history. He was created by two Jewish men, the first issue of his comic had him punching Hitler in the face on the cover, and Hydra have always been considered to be Marvel's version of the Nazis. Also, from a story standpoint, it contradicts the entire backstory, because Cap has been fighting Hydra since WW2. Regardless of what direction the story goes, Marvel have definitely mishandled the situation.

Like you said, it's way too early to judge. People are just overreacting. The story just started so who is anyone to say that it's a slap to the face to the fandom or even the character? Also, Jack Kirby himself has portrayed Cap saluting Hitler. So again, why are people so angry? Let's also not forget the fact that...

Man, people are way too sensitive these days.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Turo602
@JHJ
Basically said everything I was about to say. I didn't read the comic and I should pick it up, but from the interview. This was planned and they said that it's the way it is. So unless hey are lying to our faces... then ugh! I will say that there is a good chance that there is a hidden catch.

The comic I'm really interested in is the one where Grant Ward is donning the Iron-Man suit. All I know is that things are complicated and he's actually trying to stop some protocol that could kill off almost every superhero. I think he'll be unaffected by it, but he's basically a neutral character that is trying to save a lot of lives.

It's almost like Marvel is trying to twist HYDRA into a multifaceted organization. Where only the control branch is "evil". The branch that was started by Johann Schmidt (Red Skull). Where Malick's side (and possibly others) believed they were actually doing something good. The only thing that they all seem to have in common, is power. With Ward being the middle man who walks the fine line. As if he's basically an anti-hero. Hey, he was always a guy who wanted "world peace". So his comic book appearance isn't really changing much. He said he wanted world peace in the first episode. He tried to do good in season 2 where he was essentially a "healer" until he was pushed over the edge because
he was tricked into killing his girl, who he was trying to heal after her betrayal.
Even as Alveus took control of him, world peace was the desire. Though I do think the theory of Ward's consciousness still existing within was true. It was hinted a couple of times with Alveus kind of admitting it. There was an interview by one of the directors that Brett may come back next season and that Alveus may have survived, but his mental state was changed when he saw the world. Basically he won't be a villain. As for Ward... well he can also comeback as an LMD lmao! Everything is unhinged. It all depends if Brett gets that film deal or not. Which he's hinted a couple of times before. It's rare for a television actor to get on Hollywood's radar, but his incredible talent may have just done that. He said it's hard and he wants to stay with the show because the cast is his family, and he wants to continue working with his best friend Iain (Fitz), but he's in that pickle. So his return to the show is really up in the air so they put him a position where he could be written off on a beautiful note, or he can come back. Not to mention he has two movies coming out this year. Small ones, but still none the less.

Wow I really trailed that thought into something else.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It's Sunday, I've not had much to do and I have been bothering myself with a problem.

Everybody knows that the speed of light is the absolute speed limit, nothing can travel faster than it. If you take a torch and point it to a mirror 1 meter away, the light will use a small amount of time to travel the distance from the source to your eyes.

Now, glue that mirror to the ceiling in an airplane or any moving vehicle and repeat the experiment. The light beam will use the same amount of time to bounce back to your eyes, but it will have traveled a little longer because the vehicle you are in have moved.

If the light did not travel faster (it did not), something else must have happened. It must be a travel in time, and some day we will be able to exploit this.

mjk321

It's Sunday, I've not had much to do and I have been bothering myself with a problem.

Everybody knows that the speed of light is the absolute speed limit, nothing can travel faster than it. If you take a torch and point it to a mirror 1 meter away, the light will use a small amount of time to travel the distance from the source to your eyes.

Now, glue that mirror to the ceiling in an airplane or any moving vehicle and repeat the experiment. The light beam will use the same amount of time to bounce back to your eyes, but it will have traveled a little longer because the vehicle you are in have moved.

If the light did not travel faster (it did not), something else must have happened. It must be a travel in time, and some day we will be able to exploit this.

https://backyardbrains.com/experiments/reactiontime
The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus.

so, the distance from a mirror a meter away and the distance from a moving vehicle is relatively short for how fast light is. in fact, it's too fast, that we react to and feel it's the same time even though it's actually a very very very very ... very very very very ... very very small difference between them. also, speed of light is not constant, speed of light in a vacuum is.

but, what you're actually thinking of is the Einstein's theory of relativity. I'm not a physicist, so I'm not gonna talk about it like I know a lot. just look it up :p

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Mmmhmm. Sure, Greg Adams, it was a coincidence that both your White Spot and Quamichan Inn were destroyed by fires in less than a year.

Last edited:

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
It's given me a real boost with my diet when my grandma put her arm around my waist today and said, 'Jen, you're disappearing!'

But I'm taking a break from eating healthy tonight. Gonna have wine and nibbles tonight with my mum. We've got the house to ourselves so we're gonna watch the Britain's Got Talent final and relax.

Living the high life. ;P
Yea I enjoyed the bgt final. Didn't think that guy would win but fair play to him. I was rooting for Boogie Storm :p

America's got talent is decent too but I miss Ant & Dec as presenters.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Yea I enjoyed the bgt final. Didn't think that guy would win but fair play to him. I was rooting for Boogie Storm :p

America's got talent is decent too but I miss Ant & Dec as presenters.
Boogie Storm were really funny. It's weird though, this year I didn't really have a favourite performer. I was also a little underwhelmed by the magician. I mean, his performance was moving, but I just didn't find the tricks themselves all that impressive. But I didn't mind that he won. My favourite part of the whole show was actually where they got the acts from all ten years back.

I adore Ant and Dec haha. They're just pure comedic value. :p

Last edited:

Flipqy42

Nevermore
CT: Just saw Xmen Apocalypse. It's friggin amazing. I loved it. Quicksilver was just awesome, as usual. And Nightcrawler was really cool, and if I'm being honest, kinda adorable (I may have a new fictional crush :p). Magneto was badass. And that Wolverine cameo was just perfect.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
This.... would work perfectly. No seriously.... Brett could play every character at once without a single hitch. It's not even a joke. He could Eddie Murphy that **** like Leonardo DiCaprio soloed The Revenant! :3

CjribUFUUAAUe9z.jpg:large

10/10 would watch again

Reactions: JHJ

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
so, the distance from a mirror a meter away and the distance from a moving vehicle is relatively short for how fast light is. in fact, it's too fast, that we react to and feel it's the same time even though it's actually a very very very very ... very very very very ... very very small difference between them. also, speed of light is not constant, speed of light in a vacuum is.
Yes if you think in practical terms, but this is theory. Move your vehicle out in space where it is vacuum.

but, what you're actually thinking of is the Einstein's theory of relativity. I'm not a physicist, so I'm not gonna talk about it like I know a lot. just look it up :p
Thanks for the tip! But after looking it up, it just gives me headache. I can't read it, it's not in a language I understand. I tried but I can't concentrate because I get so impatient (or vise versa?), and my head explodes as a result.

----------
This morning I was laying awake a few hours before I got up, and I had another problem:

If you drive a vehicle at the the speed of light, what will happen to the headlights?

Will the light travel double the speed of a parked vehicle or what? Light can't travel faster than its normal speed, but speed can be relative: If a bullet from a handgun travels 500 m/s, it will travel faster than that if the gun is moving forward when it's being fired.

My first conclusion was that the lights would become invisible if you drive/fly at the speed of light. Then I dozed off, and when I woke up and thought about it some more, I found the first conclusion preposterous. Eventually I got up and had breakfast, including 1 liter of black coffee. Yup I drank it all. I'm now back to my first conclusion: The headlights will indeed become invisible if you drive at the speed of light. I have no proof and can only rely on what seems logic to me, and I would not be surprised if there are a holes in my chain of thought. But I'm betting two of my shoes on it.

What do you guys think?

mjk321

----------
This morning I was laying awake a few hours before I got up, and I had another problem:

If you drive a vehicle at the the speed of light, what will happen to the headlights?

Will the light travel double the speed of a parked vehicle or what? Light can't travel faster than its normal speed, but speed can be relative: If a bullet from a handgun travels 500 m/s, it will travel faster than that if the gun is moving forward when it's being fired.

My first conclusion was that the lights would become invisible if you drive/fly at the speed of light. Then I dozed off, and when I woke up and thought about it some more, I found the first conclusion preposterous. Eventually I got up and had breakfast, including 1 liter of black coffee. Yup I drank it all. I'm now back to my first conclusion: The headlights will indeed become invisible if you drive at the speed of light. I have no proof and can only rely on what seems logic to me, and I would not be surprised if there are a holes in my chain of thought. But I'm betting two of my shoes on it.

What do you guys think?

Top Bottom