• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
CT: Just finished going through Uncharted 4 with my brother... Holy. Crap. It's going to be a looooooong time before someone tops that game, in my opinion. Naughty Dog really knocked it out of the park with this one! Can't wait to play through it myself, Monday night. If you've got a PS4... Get. This. Game. It's a marvel on all fronts.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
CT: Just finished going through Uncharted 4 with my brother... Holy. Crap. It's going to be a looooooong time before someone tops that game, in my opinion. Naughty Dog really knocked it out of the park with this one! Can't wait to play through it myself, Monday night. If you've got a PS4... Get. This. Game. It's a marvel on all fronts.

I plan on it! I'm so excited. I'm replaying the other games first. I'm behind because of school, but I'll be able to put more time in now. My graduation ceremony is on Tuesday, the day it comes out.... Hopefully I have both play through of Uncharted 2 done by tomorrow around this time xD If I focus on playing, that's easy xD Depending on how much time I waste online LMAO.

I've heard Uncharted 4 is a masterpiece, but everyone's been saying Uncharted 2 is better.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I personally thought Uncharted 2 was untouchable, and I like 4 quite a bit more. Of course, your mileage may vary!

[EDIT] Also; Congratulations on graduating!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Bah, I want this game so bad! Every post or internet page I see about it says it's fantastic, I can't wait!

CT: Looking for a new job. I despise the one I'm in at the moment. Trying so hard to stick with it while I find something more suitable for me, but it's getting more and more tempting to hand in my notice as the days go by. I'm not actually going to quit before I find something else, though. It's just frustrating that the job is nothing like what I expected it to be, and the people who trained with me are all saying the exact same thing. I can't wait to find something different.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Bah, I want this game so bad! Every post or internet page I see about it says it's fantastic, I can't wait!

CT: Looking for a new job. I despise the one I'm in at the moment. Trying so hard to stick with it while I find something more suitable for me, but it's getting more and more tempting to hand in my notice as the days go by. I'm not actually going to quit before I find something else, though. It's just frustrating that the job is nothing like what I expected it to be, and the people who trained with me are all saying the exact same thing. I can't wait to find something different.
Awe, I'm sorry to hear that. How is it different from what you were expecting? At least the good part of it is that it's much easier to find a job when you already have one.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Awe, I'm sorry to hear that. How is it different from what you were expecting? At least the good part of it is that it's much easier to find a job when you already have one.
When you're in training they make it sound all positive, that you're helping with animal welfare and stuff, and that is true. What they don't prepare you for is the sheer amount of abuse you get. An example is that I had a woman call up saying that a cockerel (that she hadn't seen) was clearly in distress because it was crowing in the morning in her next door neighbour's garden. When I told her, very politely, that that was natural behaviour for a cockerel and it was a good sign, before I could say anything else, she went on a huge rant about how I should be ashamed of myself for not understanding that this cockerel was in distress, called me a stupid c-word and hung up. I was going to say that she could call her local council about the noise and they could tell us if they saw a welfare concern, but they don't want to hear what you've got to say unless you tell them you're sending an officer out immediately.

Then you have the people that find injured wildlife and they don't know the name of the street they're on, but somehow it's your fault that they don't know and you're struggling to find where they are on Google maps because they're saying things like, 'oh, there's a roundabout and a road with a bus stop on it, and a children's play area'. It's even more awkward when they're in Wales, in an area that has no street names. And of course, we're the incompetent ones because we can't find where they are, it's not their fault that they don't know and can't give you any concrete landmarks to go from.

There are certain questions we need to ask, and a lot of people are awkward and say, 'why do you need to know that?'. Someone I know actually got a call from somebody with an injured bird in their garden, and when she asked for their address he refused to give it, saying she didn't need to know that information. When she asked him how she was supposed to send somebody to collect the bird without his address, he paused for a moment and had a rant before saying, 'forget it' and hanging up.

There's so many different scenarios where people find a way to have a go at you. Now, if this happened every once in a while, it wouldn't bother me, but it happens quite a few times a day, and it just gets so draining when people don't want to hear what you have to say. We can't send officers out to cockerels that crow in a morning, or horses that are lying asleep in a field with other horses watching over them, because we don't have the resources to check on animals that either haven't been seen or appear in good body condition and there isn't a welfare concern. You try and explain politely that there are so few RSPCA officers, and try to help them as much as we can by suggesting any other organisations that might be able to help. But we're the ones that take all the abuse for it, and quite frankly, it's frustrating and draining.

I'm sorry for the mini essay haha, it turned into a bit of a rant.

Last edited:

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium

Well I'm glad it's not all hype but I just knew it would be amazing. The Uncharted series is one of the best ever. Feel bad for those Xbox guys xD

Now just gotta wait until Tuesday to get my hands on it.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
When you're in training they make it sound all positive, that you're helping with animal welfare and stuff, and that is true. What they don't prepare you for is the sheer amount of abuse you get. An example is that I had a woman call up saying that a cockerel (that she hadn't seen) was clearly in distress because it was crowing in the morning in her next door neighbour's garden. When I told her, very politely, that that was natural behaviour for a cockerel and it was a good sign, before I could say anything else, she went on a huge rant about how I should be ashamed of myself for not understanding that this cockerel was in distress, called me a stupid c-word and hung up. I was going to say that she could call her local council about the noise and they could tell us if they saw a welfare concern, but they don't want to hear what you've got to say unless you tell them you're sending an officer out immediately.

Then you have the people that find injured wildlife and they don't know the name of the street they're on, but somehow it's your fault that they don't know and you're struggling to find where they are on Google maps because they're saying things like, 'oh, there's a roundabout and a road with a bus stop on it, and a children's play area'. It's even more awkward when they're in Wales, in an area that has no street names. And of course, we're the incompetent ones because we can't find where they are, it's not their fault that they don't know and can't give you any concrete landmarks to go from.

There are certain questions we need to ask, and a lot of people are awkward and say, 'why do you need to know that?'. Someone I know actually got a call from somebody with an injured bird in their garden, and when she asked for their address he refused to give it, saying she didn't need to know that information. When she asked him how she was supposed to send somebody to collect the bird without his address, he paused for a moment and had a rant before saying, 'forget it' and hanging up.

There's so many different scenarios where people find a way to have a go at you. Now, if this happened every once in a while, it wouldn't bother me, but it happens quite a few times a day, and it just gets so draining when people don't want to hear what you have to say. We can't send officers out to cockerels that crow in a morning, or horses that are lying asleep in a field with other horses watching over them, because we don't have the resources to check on animals that either haven't been seen or appear in good body condition and there isn't a welfare concern. You try and explain politely that there are so few RSPCA officers, and try to help them as much as we can by suggesting any other organisations that might be able to help. But we're the ones that take all the abuse for it, and quite frankly, it's frustrating and draining.

I'm sorry for the mini essay haha, it turned into a bit of a rant.

I hear you - and I'm sorry to hear that your first job isn't going well, that's super frustrating. I work in a political office dealing with the public and before that I've worked at a hotel... so I've been reamed out and called names more times than I can count. Just this week we had someone leave a message, untraceable, unhappy with the Liberal government and at the end of it he said he had a gun. He's from the community where our office is located so we were a bit on edge all week. I do believe he's bluffing though - if he's not willing to say who he is or leave contact information, he's very clearly a coward and he hasn't shown up.

All I can say is that it that it does get easier with time and you learn to not take it personally. People are distressed when they believe their animals are distressed, and unfortunately when we're distressed were not really in-tuned to anyone's feelings but our own. It sucks for the other person on the end of the line, but that job does need to be done. It might be worth sticking it out for a year or so because you are doing good work and if you excel I'm sure it'll lead to greater opportunities in that organization, but if you can't - like I said it should be easier to find a new job now that you already have one. Just do your best and try not to take the stress home with you.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
@Jen I am sorry to hear that about your job, and hope that you find a better one.

As for those idiot people. you will find them everywhere, and have to deal with them in every job that requires you to interact with them.
I hear you - and I'm sorry to hear that your first job isn't going well, that's super frustrating. I work in a political office dealing with the public and before that I've worked at a hotel... so I've been reamed out and called names more times than I can count. Just this week we had someone leave a message, untraceable, unhappy with the Liberal government and at the end of it he said he had a gun. He's from the community where our office is located so we were a bit on edge all week. I do believe he's bluffing though - if he's not willing to say who he is or leave contact information, he's very clearly a coward and he hasn't shown up.

All I can say is that it that it does get easier with time and you learn to not take it personally. People are distressed when they believe their animals are distressed, and unfortunately when we're distressed were not really in-tuned to anyone's feelings but our own. It sucks for the other person on the end of the line, but that job does need to be done. It might be worth sticking it out for a year or so because you are doing good work and if you excel I'm sure it'll lead to greater opportunities in that organization, but if you can't - like I said it should be easier to find a new job now that you already have one. Just do your best and try not to take the stress home with you.
Yeah, I have dealt with awkward people before when I've been volunteering, but with this job it's like because they're not face to face they feel that they can go further and have a full blown rant at you. I don't necessarily take it personally, but you're trying your absolute best to reassure people that an animal is fine, or direct them to someone else who can help them, and they just don't want to hear it, it becomes very frustrating. Another woman who trained with me said that she got less abuse when she worked on calls where people actually were complaining about the company she worked for.

I am gonna stick it out, don't worry. I just want to find something more suited to me, and if I keep looking then I'm sure I will sometime. Thanks so much for listening, guys. :)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've been wanting to do that for a while now, but I'm too much of a coward!
Go for it!! It didn't hurt, the guys wife talked to me the whole time so she pretty much distracted me from everything. I did almost chicken out though, it was my first piercing so I was a little wussy for a while, haha. The most painful part was him putting the ring in because it's bigger than the needle he used.

Reactions: Hel

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
How did I not know until tonight, on my third playthrough of Fallout 4, that after the final main quest with The Institute there's a little memorial by the Robotics department? I usually pay attention to details and stuff.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Speaking of Fallout 4, I just found the spot where the game recreates the "Tears In Rain" scene from Blade Runner with ingame assets.

That's pretty damn cool.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm thinking is this for real? This song is so ****ing good and I'm so embarrassed to admit that I'm listening to this band, well the particular song only. I just hope the whole album is this good! I liked their second album since it was so upbeat, but their first album was boyband bull****. I can't believe people called them "the second coming of the Beatles" LMAO! I would actually be mad if brought the album and this was the only good song on it.

I loved, loved, loved Matt's solo album. But seriously... this song is soooo good imho. I'm glad that they are becoming an awesome rock band, but all their fans are so ****ed off about it. Screw them for not liking good music :3

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Go for it!! It didn't hurt, the guys wife talked to me the whole time so she pretty much distracted me from everything. I did almost chicken out though, it was my first piercing so I was a little wussy for a while, haha. The most painful part was him putting the ring in because it's bigger than the needle he used.

I hate needles, especially watching them sting someone, but it's not even the procedure itself that puts me off. A former friend of my sister had a bellybutton piercing and she had to be mindful of it all the time to avoid injuries and infection. Can you say something about that from your own experience? How is your new life with a bellybutton piercing?

By the way, my sister had a tongue piercing until she accidentally swallowed it. She just couldn't stop playing with it and so it became loose eventually. But that was a rather funny story, even though she herself doesn't think so.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I hate needles, especially watching them sting someone, but it's not even the procedure itself that puts me off. A former friend of my sister had a bellybutton piercing and she had to be mindful of it all the time to avoid injuries and infection. Can you say something about that from your own experience? How is your new life with a bellybutton piercing?
I clean it twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening and I honestly don't really find myself being too mindful of it. I mean I'll notice if it pulls on something I'm wearing but that's pretty rare since nowadays most fashions include low rise pants and I'm personally rather fond of loose fitting shirts.

You can't even see the needle when it's being done, by the way, since you're laying down.
By the way, my sister had a tongue piercing until she accidentally swallowed it. She just couldn't stop playing with it and so it became loose eventually. But that was a rather funny story, even though she herself doesn't think so.
My friends just got theirs done when I got my belly button, they're the ones who convinced me to finally take the piercing leap, and I found out some interesting info on tongue piercings, as well as piercings in general. Supposedly when you first get a piercing, metal balls are the best way to go as plastic threads strip fairly easily and break and are more prone to do so with the swelling that comes along with a new piercing. Plastic also holds more bacteria and makes it easier to nab an infection. Using metal when you first get it and then switching to plastic later once it's healed seems to be the best bet overall.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I'm not happy about Spider-Man being a kid either, but at least he pulled off the humor. He might be able to do it. He seems to be a good Spider-Man, but I like Andrew Garfield the most as Peter Parker. He felt the most right as to how I knew him growing up. Toby was a great Spider-Man, but a terrible Peter Parker imho.

As for aunt May? That's just messed up honestly... she's always old (original trilogy did her right, the Amazing Spider-man was acceptable)... this is ridiculous. She literally looks and acts so slutty....

I disagree about him being shoe horned in though. He made sense, and was established, not quite like Black Panther was, which they did very well. Though Spider-Man was still well done, he was spiderman and his jokes were great. I'm just glad they didn't do some stupid ass origin story again for him, which is why I liked it.

Really? Garfield came off more like a emo/modern day cool kid than a nerd as Peter Parker. For a lot of people, including myself, it's the other way around. Spider-Man is supposed to be wise cracking and Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man didn't really do that. As for Tom Holland, I'm just not feeling it. Yeah, it's one thing when you see him in costume but then he's got that kid voice and when you combine that with everything else I don't like about this iteration it just falls apart for me. I guess I'm spoiled by the cartoons and video games though as I still feel nobody has done the perfect Spider-Man yet despite enjoying all the films.

He was definitely shoehorned in. He was only there because Tony Stark somehow knew about him and only now decides to recruit him so that he can participate in a battle he has no stake in. There was no subplot connecting him and Tony or anything, just a scene moments before a fight only for him to disappear after the fight. I enjoyed his appearance and presence in the fight but yeah, he was only there because they finally had the rights and they wanted to throw him into this universe as quick as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom