• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

mjk321

Urgh, why do some people I love have to live so far away? :sad:
if I have the money I would live closer :p
rFOkSQr.jpg

P.S. I was gonna make the joke about myself, but thought it was a good opportunity to whip one fast nemy pic :)

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I know how that feels. I volunteer at a charity shop 3 days in the week, usually til closing at 5.00pm, and near enough every day I'm in, we get someone coming in 5 minutes from closing, and deciding "oh I know, I'll just pop in and spend half an hour looking at what they have for sale, before deciding not to buy anything, then give the volunteers and staff crap because they want to close up/won't give me a discount despite the fact that it's store policy not to give discounts". Grrr.

Sorry for the rant, it's just something that really annoys me.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I know how that feels. I volunteer at a charity shop 3 days in the week, usually til closing at 5.00pm, and near enough every day I'm in, we get someone coming in 5 minutes from closing, and deciding "oh I know, I'll just pop in and spend half an hour looking at what they have for sale, before deciding not to buy anything, then give the volunteers and staff crap because they want to close up/won't give me a discount despite the fact that it's store policy not to give discounts". Grrr.

I used to get this too all the time when I volunteered. At my shop the stuff was already cheap enough, to ask for a discount was ridiculous... People tried to haggle because they'll think you'll take anything as you're part of a charity. It's very irritating.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

They really would expect discounts when they're the ones that came late? I mean, I realize they probably have jobs and stuff, but it's not the staff's fault. Here stores don't even let us look around for a few minutes, if you try to come in to get something, even quickly, you'll be kicked out (though people here do have a reputation of being jerks... :p).

JHJ

First of all, Jen, it's exactly the same at the shop I volunteer at. It's all second hand, and in pretty good condition, considering, so for the prices we put stuff out at, you'd think people would see them as a bargain. Sadly, that isn't always the case. Secondly, Maddy, unfortunately, that seems to be the modern British mentality, at least in my neck of the woods. Usually if they ask for a discount, their either just trying to scam the shop, or they do it so they have an excuse to kick off about it.
Then there's the ones who try to steal from the shop. They either peel off the price stickers and replace it with one with a lower price on it, or stick it in their bags and walk out the store. One of the other volunteers overheard a guy the other day. We've had issues with him and his family stealing before. He was in the store with his daughter, she couldn't be older than 8 yrs old, and this volunteer was keeping an eye on them. He turned to his kid, and said, out loud, "Looks like we can't steal anything today, the lady's watching us". Clearly, a criminal genius (!)

JHJ

Exactly. Some people just confuse the hell out of me. I wouldn't mind half as much, if it wasn't for the fact that, literally right behind the counter, in full view of the shop floor, there's a sign, right there, saying "We are unable to give customer's discounts", yet people still ask. *facepalms*

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I work for a politician and we do free tax clinics for low-income people. I literally had someone come into the office five minutes before closing to do her taxes, got super defensive over all the 'personal' questions I had to ask her (like marital status; I'm not trying to be all up in your business, but if you're married only one of y'all get GST), straight-up said 'I don't know' when I asked for a mailing address and to top it off she didn't bring any of her Tslips. It's like... **** off and never come back. You're getting a service that people pay anywhere form $50-150ish bucks for free... why are you trying to make things difficult for me?

JHJ

Some people just ain't happy unless their either :
a) complaining about stuff they don't need to, or aren't actually mad about, they just want to make a scene,
or
b) making things difficult for people who are just trying to do their jobs. Mankind is a strange creature.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
And there those who buy something and whine about the price and then wait till closing time to return it. and when you ask them why are they returning it. they respond by saying that they aren't satisfy with the prices.

and there's also those people who wear a board stating "The customers are always right"

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: The awkward moment when a character on a TV show dies and you feel responsible because you didn't like them and wanted them gone since forever. Happens to me all the time. Then again, I am the goddess of the dead, so maybe I'm using my fatal powers on TV show characters without realising it...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
CT: The awkward moment when a character on a TV show dies and you feel responsible because you didn't like them and wanted them gone since forever. Happens to me all the time. Then again, I am the goddess of the dead, so maybe I'm using my fatal powers on TV show characters without realising it...

Well... it happens. What about when the character you love the most dies? Dear goddess of the dead.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Looking for another job... Admissions supervisor is taking its toll. I'm thinking about using my resources to come up with enough supplemental income to just straight up quit. Lol wouldnt that be nice.

ArabPikachu

@La Femme Fatale

When I applied for my job at Giant, the employer asked 'are you married?' during a face-to-face interview

Didn't expect him to ask me that question but I calmly let him know of me being unmarried

@thread
This past Wednesday, I got my 5th certificate for the Multimedia Design course of study in community college.

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
@La Femme Fatale

When I applied for my job at Giant, the employer asked 'are you married?' during a face-to-face interview

Didn't expect him to ask me that question but I calmly let him know of me being unmarried

@thread
This past Wednesday, I got my 5th certificate for the Multimedia Design course of study in community college.
That's a good story, ArabPikachu.

meg5493

I never thought I'd meet such an unapologetic sexist asshole through a close friend :( it took a lot not to jump out the car through half of our conversations.

Top Bottom