• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
We are currently preparing for the worst; all efforts have been moved to her comfort instead of treatment. Your thoughts, prayers, love, support and friendship are all appreciated during this time.

May the higher being(s) of your chosen faith bless you for your care and consideration of my mother and family through this dark period. You all mean more to me than words can express.

We're all here for you, whatever happens.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
We're all here for you, whatever happens.
I appreciate the support, I just can't help but feel like they're over stressing the situation. I've said it many times, and it could truly be a daughter's foolish hopes, but I just don't feel like it's time or that she's done for. I can't explain it, it's just a feeling I have.

She's just so amazing and strong that I just can't bring myself to accept this as the end.

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
We are currently preparing for the worst; all efforts have been moved to her comfort instead of treatment. Your thoughts, prayers, love, support and friendship are all appreciated during this time.

May the higher being(s) of your chosen faith bless you for your care and consideration of my mother and family through this dark period. You all mean more to me than words can express.
wish I could do something other than praying :(
I hope everything is going to be fine with your mum.
You'v proven to be a strong person, stay strong and keep us posted.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I appreciate the support, I just can't help but feel like they're over stressing the situation. I've said it many times, and it could truly be a daughter's foolish hopes, but I just don't feel like it's time or that she's done for. I can't explain it, it's just a feeling I have.

She's just so amazing and strong that I just can't bring myself to accept this as the end.

Maybe it isn't the end then. She's proven herself to be strong so far. It could be that they're just preparing you for the worst, just in case.
I'll keep praying. I wish I could do more as well though...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Reading this day after day to see the updates deeply saddens me. The feeling of being powerless with no other desire other than to heal those in need. To help those who need support. It makes me realise how valuable time really is an how it comes and goes. Even if time theoretically and debatably scientifically does not exist. Now is forever and forever fades into a new dawn as today is tomorrows yesterday and there is no turning back. Just memories in the wind that we must value and keep deeply imbedded in our hearts forever. It's unfair and I would do anything to change that... to keep what we have, who we love, and cherish it together forever. Yet... *sad look* we need to fairly allow for tomorrows children. A fate that I wished the world was big enough to allow for both and a world where we can all be happy and healthy as we move forward.

I hope your mother can recover and I pray for the best. I know that she has a family and a daughter who truly loves her and will always be there for her and with her. We can only pray for a miracle for her recovery and she seems like a very strong willed person. There is always light in hope. You have my full support and like everyone else here, if you need someone to talk to *smiles* we will always be here for you.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Relationship with my family is horribly bad. I've decided to wipe my name from existence. in a few years I won't have a family name and it makes me happy to be free of people who make me feel inferior even to the scum of the earth.

That and I met a dog met Oliver who shows me the love and attention I strived for all throughout my childhood. so it isn't too bad I suppose.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I feel the need to rant.
People are complaining about not having power for a few days. Back when I lived more in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, we went without power for up to a week a few times when the snow was really bad. We had to cook our food on the woodstove and store our food outside in the snow to keep it cold because the power was out so long. They can safely keep their food by keeping it in their freezers because it will keep cold for a while. They're also complaining about no internet or T.V. I only started using the internet regularly a few years ago, I lived fine without it. They can't live a couple days without it? Internet wasn't even a thing until fairly recently, if you think about how long humans have been around. People lived their whole lives without internet or T.V. So shut up stupid people on the news. xD

ArabPikachu

I failed Part A (road signs) of the driver's permit test yesterday. Got 8/10 questions right, which means I was 2 questions away from passing that part of the test.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
CT: Back in June my best friend told me that she wanted to go to London in November for her birthday, with me and her roommate. Originally the plan was to just go for the day and do a few of the tourist-y things, which would cost a fair bit and I didn't want to do all of it, but I would have been willing to go.

Then she and roommate kept adding and adding things so that it became three days doing loads of tourist-y stuff. I told my friend that I had to see if I would be able to afford all of that stuff (plus I didn't really want to do half of the stuff they added), so I didn't actually confirm that I was going because it's going to be really expensive.

I can't afford to go now. This wouldn't be so bad if my friend's roommate was still going, but they had a huge falling out and aren't talking any more and my friend moved out, so there's more pressure on me to go. I now have to tell her that I can't go and I think she's gonna be really mad/disappointed. How am I going to tell her? I'm really worried about it.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
CT: Back in June my best friend told me that she wanted to go to London in November for her birthday, with me and her roommate. Originally the plan was to just go for the day and do a few of the tourist-y things, which would cost a fair bit and I didn't want to do all of it, but I would have been willing to go.

Then she and roommate kept adding and adding things so that it became three days doing loads of tourist-y stuff. I told my friend that I had to see if I would be able to afford all of that stuff (plus I didn't really want to do half of the stuff they added), so I didn't actually confirm that I was going because it's going to be really expensive.

I can't afford to go now. This wouldn't be so bad if my friend's roommate was still going, but they had a huge falling out and aren't talking any more and my friend moved out, so there's more pressure on me to go. I now have to tell her that I can't go and I think she's gonna be really mad/disappointed. How am I going to tell her? I'm really worried about it.
Could you perhaps compromise with her? You didn't confirm and it didn't appear you were involved in much of the itinerary-planning, so maybe tell her you'd go only if was for a day and the touristy things were kept to a minimum? Either way, just tell her the truth - that it's a bit too much for you right now. I'm sure she'd get over it eventually.

Meg

So bin ich eben
I feel the need to rant.
People are complaining about not having power for a few days. Back when I lived more in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, we went without power for up to a week a few times when the snow was really bad. We had to cook our food on the woodstove and store our food outside in the snow to keep it cold because the power was out so long. They can safely keep their food by keeping it in their freezers because it will keep cold for a while. They're also complaining about no internet or T.V. I only started using the internet regularly a few years ago, I lived fine without it. They can't live a couple days without it? Internet wasn't even a thing until fairly recently, if you think about how long humans have been around. People lived their whole lives without internet or T.V. So shut up stupid people on the news. xD
We went one day without power on campus before. One day. And thousands of college students were freaking out like the world was ending. Meanwhile, I was hanging out, reading a book, and not carrying. XD

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Could you perhaps compromise with her? You didn't confirm and it didn't appear you were involved in much of the itinerary-planning, so maybe tell her you'd go only if was for a day and the touristy things were kept to a minimum? Either way, just tell her the truth - that it's a bit too much for you right now. I'm sure she'd get over it eventually.
What I was going to do first was ask if she wanted to go with someone else if she still wanted to do all that stuff, and if not then try and compromise it down to the one day. You think that'll work? I just feel like I'm really letting her down and she's not gonna be happy...

ArabPikachu

Today, I passed Part A of the driver's permit test but failed part B. Out of the 30 questions on Part B, 23 were answered right (making me one question short of passing it).

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
What I was going to do first was ask if she wanted to go with someone else if she still wanted to do all that stuff, and if not then try and compromise it down to the one day. You think that'll work? I just feel like I'm really letting her down and she's not gonna be happy...
I know - but if she wants to go she's just going to have to compromise with you. These things happen - if she's not a total princess she'll understand.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I know - but if she wants to go she's just going to have to compromise with you. These things happen - if she's not a total princess she'll understand.
True. Just gotta get it done, I guess, and stop stressing. Cheers Femme. :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
@Jen I agree with Femme, just tell her it's too expensive. Also not being interested in some of the things is a good excuse too. You are her friend, not her servant.

Reactions: Jen

Flipqy42

Nevermore
CT: I am f*cking dying here! My AC stopped working in the hottest part of f*cking Florida and it's nearly impossible to get a hold of anyone to fix it! God, I need to move soon.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
@Jen I agree with Femme, just tell her it's too expensive. Also not being interested in some of the things is a good excuse too. You are her friend, not her servant.
I just told her that I couldn't afford it and she was okay with it, she understood. It's a load off my mind but I still feel a little bad about it. It's done now, at least.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Top Bottom