• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Considering how extreme many MRAs and feminists are, I have no qualms remaining an egalitarian.
So, I have a genuine question.... um, where are all these legions of militant feminists that people keep talking about? I see the occasional story about a feminist who said or did something asinine, but it's hardly the raging army of butch lesbians with 'off with his balls!' signs some people make it out to be.

Just the other day I saw someone on one of Steve's other sites complain about women who condemn men for holding doors open... but I've never, once, in my 26 years of existence ever seen this happen. Obviously I'm not a guy so that significantly factors into it, but I live in Toronto - seen a lot of people walk through doors and never witnessed this. Spent thousands of hours looking at the front door when I worked at a hotel... saw thousands of people come in and out and never saw this once.

Perhaps it has a lot to do with the fact that I generally avoid social media - I've never actually seen these 'tumbler feminists' go at it. But is it something that's unavoidable? I don't like racists and neo-nazis, so I don't spend terrible amounts of time on Stormfront. Can men and women who hate feminists not do the same, or are these tumblr feminists just that unavoidable?

I'm just wondering if this is an issue people have to go actively looking for to find. I kinda suspect it is

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
So, I have a genuine question.... um, where are all these legions of militant feminists that people keep talking about? I see the occasional story about a feminist who said or did something asinine, but it's hardly the raging army of butch lesbians with 'off with his balls!' signs some people make it out to be.

Just the other day I saw someone on one of Steve's other sites complain about women who condemn men for holding doors open... but I've never, once, in my 26 years of existence ever seen this happen. Obviously I'm not a guy so that significantly factors into it, but I live in Toronto - seen a lot of people walk through doors and never witnessed this. Spent thousands of hours looking at the front door when I worked at a hotel... saw thousands of people come in and out and never saw this once.

Perhaps it has a lot to do with the fact that I generally avoid social media - I've never actually seen these 'tumbler feminists' go at it. But is it something that's unavoidable? I don't like racists and neo-nazis, so I don't spend terrible amounts of time on Stormfront. Can men and women who hate feminists not do the same, or are these tumblr feminists just that unavoidable?

I'm just wondering if this is an issue people have to go actively looking for to find. I kinda suspect it is

I might have had a lot of exposure to it, but it's mostly contained to social media, in particular: Tumblr, Twitter and a few subreddits. But when you do encounter radical feminists out in the wild, they are loud and they are obnoxious.

They're out there...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that they exist. I'm just not convinced that they are this enormous plague on society they're made out to be - unless you don't live outside Tumblr and Twitter, that is.

And I don't really believe that the whole 'women snap at men for holding doors' thing happens a fraction as often as it's complained about. I'd say (being generous) maybe a couple times a year for a dude unless he's giving off some serious jeepers creepers vibes.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that they exist. I'm just not convinced that they are this enormous plague on society they're made out to be - unless you don't live outside Tumblr and Twitter, that is.

And I don't really believe that the whole 'women snap at men for holding doors' thing happens a fraction as often as it's complained about. I'd say (being generous) maybe a couple times a year for a dude unless he's giving off some serious jeepers creepers vibes.

Yeah, I don't really think radical feminism is a huge plague on society either, but it is one portion of another beast, that being political correctness. Another head of the hydra, if you will.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
CT: Deja vu man. For those of you praying for Maggie's mom, if y'all would add my mom to that prayer list as well I would really appreciate it. My gut is telling me that she's headed back in the opposite direction...
I will add your mom with my prayers for Magnolia's mom. I'm sad, sorry and worried about all that.

mjk321

here's a classic rakugo story in English to cheer up everybody here :)

(Rakugo is the traditional Japanese story telling, you can call it "sit-down comedy")

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I was watching the news tonight, saw this story about a baby that was rescued after being locked in a safe from a hotel in Niagara Falls. Looked at the picture and was like 'hmmm, this looks identical to HoJos'... realized it was, indeed, the very same hotel I used to work at. SO weird.

Happy to hear that the baby was okay.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The hilarious things you'll find when looking up the city you live in.
http://www.duncan.ca/citizens/index_citizens.htm
"Safe, healthy place to live and work" and that painting and picture? That's where people my friend knew killed their grandma. There are so many murder cases and stuff here that haven't been solved. It's basically the less known Vancouver Island version of Surrey. They're basically inviting you to come get mugged or murdered. On the main page it says people-friendly. Hahahah.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Hahaha that's awesome! I have such a weird ancestry! 0.0 Yes I am Canadian but I was born in California xD
I'm American/Greek/Nordic! I think that is pretty weird.... the most alpha ancestry that you can have.. and no I am NOT calling myself and alpha! ugh!

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
CT: I'm so annoyed that there's an epilogue to The Last Of Us but it was only shown to a crowd in a theatre and nobody was allowed to record it. I want to see it! :(

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
CT: I'm so annoyed that there's an epilogue to The Last Of Us but it was only shown to a crowd in a theatre and nobody was allowed to record it. I want to see it! :(
Aww sweetie. I'm sure it will be released soon. Most everything gets released sooner or later; though I know you'll hate waiting.... I'm not helping am I? :(

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Aww sweetie. I'm sure it will be released soon. Most everything gets released sooner or later; though I know you'll hate waiting.... I'm not helping am I? :(
I'm just doubtful it will be released because it was performed live by the voice actors to a live audience, and nobody recorded it apparently. :( Though hopefully you're right and the developers recorded it and may release it someday. I guess I can keep hoping!

Top Bottom