• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
CT: Deja vu man. For those of you praying for Maggie's mom, if y'all would add my mom to that prayer list as well I would really appreciate it. My gut is telling me that she's headed back in the opposite direction...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Thank you @Jen for your thoughts and prayers.

@tremor I am so sorry to hear that your mom isn't doing well or that you think she won't be doing well soon. I know all about those gut feelings; I went through that a few days ago when I felt as though my mom was giving up. (And she seems to have been locked in a pretty straight decline since then.)

You and your family are always in my prayers, baby.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
It's more difficult now than it was before. Since she's come home from the hospital, she has been under hospice's care. All they are is "end of life care" and the nurse that comes to see her is blowing it off as my mom's just groggy because her body is adjusting to the higher dosage of medicine. I don't think that's true.

When my mom was in the hospital, she was taking a lot of medicine then but she was awake and coherent. Each time she began to decline, I caught it and come to find out she needed more blood. What she has, causes her blood cells to be eaten. So she will need blood from time to time. I guess hospice either doesn't understand this or they're just fine with letting her be drugged all to Hell and back until she dies.

I'm not having it. I will call an ambulance if I need to and tell hospice to back off for now.

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
It's more difficult now than it was before. Since she's come home from the hospital, she has been under hospice's care. All they are is "end of life care" and the nurse that comes to see her is blowing it off as my mom's just groggy because her body is adjusting to the higher dosage of medicine. I don't think that's true.

When my mom was in the hospital, she was taking a lot of medicine then but she was awake and coherent. Each time she began to decline, I caught it and come to find out she needed more blood. What she has, causes her blood cells to be eaten. So she will need blood from time to time. I guess hospice either doesn't understand this or they're just fine with letting her be drugged all to Hell and back until she dies.

I'm not having it. I will call an ambulance if I need to and tell hospice to back off for now.
sorry to hear that, I hope everything is going to be alright...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld

You do what you have to do for your mom! You know her better than they do and you know her condition better as well. You're emotionally invested in her so you're looking out for her and know what's best. You don't let anyone brush off your concerns for her.

Things are a little more difficult on this end. She's been using a breathing mask for a while and they want to take her off, which means we'll basically be cutting her form of life support. Her 02 levels get too high and... Well you know.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@tremor thank you, sweetie! She woke up long enough for me to ask her that question and she said no so I guess that's good. Had a bit of a scare. They took her off the mask for a minute to give her some ice chips and her blood pressure went high and her breathing dropped really fast but they've got her back on it now and she seems to be pretty stable.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
If Trudeau 2015 doesn't happen I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

I honestly know nothing about Canadian politics, but if Harper wins again I give up on this country... again...
Also if Hillary Clinton doesn't win in the U.S election I don't even know what I'm gonna do. I'm still gonna move there but... still. When I heard Trump was running for president I actually thought it was a joke and another Bush? Um, no.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Hillary Clinton's not actually as left as people tend to paint her as. I would even go as far as to say Harper is more left than Hillary. Ithink Bernie Sanders is a much better choice if people actually want some progressive change. Last I heard Bernie is really gaining some momentum.

I don't think the Republicans stand much of a chance, though. The GOP hates Trump but he's polling the best... I have a feeling that he'll eventually end up running as an Independent - splitting the Republican vote and making it that much easier for the Democratic candidate to take the election. But that's just what I'm seeing right now - obviously anything can happen between now and Eday.

This is one of my biggest beefs with Canadian politics - I hate that our left is split. I would prefer to see the Libs and NDP merge.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Hillary Clinton's not actually as left as people tend to paint her as. I think Bernie Sanders is a much better choice if people actually want some progressive change. Last I heard Bernie is really gaining some momentum.

I don't think the Republicans stand much of a chance, though. The GOP hates Trump but he's polling the best... I have a feeling that he'll eventually end up running as an Independent - splitting the Republican vote and making it that much easier for the Democratic candidate to take the election. But that's just what I'm seeing right now - obviously anything can happen between now and Eday.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. I'd be good with him winning as well. :p

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
So out of curiosity - why don't you like Canada? I've never met anyone who's wanted to leave so badly and I've always wondered.

Just bad experience and bad memories with pretty much every province. Especially where I live. It's a beautiful country, but most of the people I know are terrible. I know the U.S is more well known for that, but I don't know as many people there, so it's a lot better than here. Even just being in Vancouver would be better than here, but I'm so bored of the country. I can't really say why though.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Unrelated...

Just saw an MRA say that men supporting feminism is like black people supporting slavery. WTF.

jackie-chan.jpg

I don't particularly like modern-day feminism, but WAAAAT

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I was starting to understand the argument that MRAs were making against modern day feminism ... in so far that I was finally willing to listen and give it some thought.

But NOPE, this individual put an end to that mighty fast. I can no longer be bothered.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I was starting to understand the argument that MRAs were making against modern day feminism ... in so far that I was finally willing to listen and give it some thought.

But NOPE, this individual put an end to that mighty fast. I can no longer be bothered.

Considering how extreme many MRAs and feminists are, I have no qualms remaining an egalitarian.

Top Bottom