• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
You know I'm no medical professional, and I don't claim to be, but I know my mother. She was fine when we brought her to the emergency room; no pain, breathing on her own at a normal rate for her considering the cancer and blood clot in her lung, alert, responsive. Her main issue was the lack of control over basic movement and an infection that was resulted from you releasing her too damn early. TWICE!

You bring her to ICU, dope her up to where she can't breathe normally because she's so out of it, put a tube down her throat to help her breathe and tell me that she's not breathing on her own right now and you're weening her off sedatives because she's so agitated when she wakes up and her breathing machine beeps.

Well first things first, I suppose: I'd be agitated too if I went to sleep breathing on my own and woke up with a tube down my throat. Secondly, that ****ing machine is going off when she wakes up because there's too much pressure being put through it because she is capable and is, in fact, breathing on her own. Every time she wakes up she says she's not in pain so why do you keep pumping her full of narcotics? Her kidneys are functioning with medicine so they haven't given out yet and maybe they're not putting anything out on their own because she can't even hold her eyes open.

But what do I know?

Happy birthday, bro. Hate that this is going on but have fun being thirty!

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
You know I'm no medical professional, and I don't claim to be, but I know my mother. She was fine when we brought her to the emergency room; no pain, breathing on her own at a normal rate for her considering the cancer and blood clot in her lung, alert, responsive. Her main issue was the lack of control over basic movement and an infection that was resulted from you releasing her too damn early. TWICE!

You bring her to ICU, dope her up to where she can't breathe normally because she's so out of it, put a tube down her throat to help her breathe and tell me that she's not breathing on her own right now and you're weening her off sedatives because she's so agitated when she wakes up and her breathing machine beeps.

Well first things first, I suppose: I'd be agitated too if I went to sleep breathing on my own and woke up with a tube down my throat. Secondly, that ****ing machine is going off when she wakes up because there's too much pressure being put through it because she is capable and is, in fact, breathing on her own. Every time she wakes up she says she's not in pain so why do you keep pumping her full of narcotics? Her kidneys are functioning with medicine so they haven't given out yet and maybe they're not putting anything out on their own because she can't even hold her eyes open.

But what do I know?

Happy birthday, bro. Hate that this is going on but have fun being thirty!

This ****es me off. Maggie is there any way you can talk to a supervisor of that specific ICU? There were a few times that I had to speak with supervisors because I didn't agree with how people were doing their job when it came to my mom. Like you said, you know your mother...the hospital employees don't. It might be time to say something to someone before they do something to hurt her. They've already caused her to get an infection.

The second time my mom went into ICU, it was the nurses' fault. They removed the main line from her main artery and it went septic. Hospital personnel don't always know exactly what they're doing and the family has to step in and make it known.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do love but I'm worried about how they're doing your mom. They should be listening to her and you.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Ooh I'm convinced that this is their fault. Neither my brother or myself were comfortable with her coming home and they sent her home anyway and this happens. This is all their fault and when she recovers, she won't be going back to UNC if I can help it.

I have nothing bad to say about their personnel; everyone is amazingly sweet and supportive from doctors to the cleaning crew but nice doesn't always get the job done, you know?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Banning-Flags-ConfederateAmerican-Attrib-AFBranco-ComicallyIncorrect-062515.jpg

Cheer

Kamen Rider
OK that is the most weirdest **** i ever saw. and i am just like 16 minutes into the movie. i still have 1 hour to go. :dead::paranoid:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I hate it when some of my favourite albums from my favourite have absolutely no chart success.
220px-Alcatrazz-Dangerousgames.JPG
220px-Saga_beginners_guide.jpg

I love every song on these albums and nobody bought them. :c

mjk321

I just tried the "memory palace" technique for a physics exam I just took, and I got to say, I didnt think that I could memorize that much information in such a short period of time.

e_etu

Soram ~
There´s only 3 peoples at work today, everybody else are enjoying from summer :( i wish i could go home but thank god tomorrow starts weekend for me ! i can finally rest bit.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: I'm planning on releasing my novel with a purple cover. The colour is not supposed to indicate the gender of the target audience, the novel is meant for everyone, but I realise purple is more commonly associated with girls. Now a question for all the guys here: Would you actually buy a purple book?

ArabianLuffy

Legend
Premium
I think I'll buy Kindle and subscribe to DC comics. Not interested in MARVEL. I feel like -- I'm done with that ****, I mean Japanese anime. The only thing I'll keep checking is just One Piece manga. After watching Goke vs Superman 2 and Batman becoming a god thing, I started to care a lot about DC comics. I know that such as Batman and Superman, and all other super heroes always get illustrated by many different writers. I'll do a little search here and there. Probably I'll end up at "it doesn't matter from where to start". I just need to get away from Japan's garbage of ****ty animes.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
CT: I'm planning on releasing my novel with a purple cover. The colour is not supposed to indicate the gender of the target audience, the novel is meant for everyone, but I realise purple is more commonly associated with girls. Now a question for all the guys here: Would you actually buy a purple book?

Well that depends on the content of the book i am buying. If the content of the book interests me then i will buy it. It doesn't really matter if the cover of the book is Purple or Pink.

Reactions: Hel

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
As if I didn't already love her and think she was the best person ever, my mom, who just very recently became alert enough to have her ventilator removed and is now able to stay awake for longer periods of time, just texted me goodnight and that she loves me!

Best. Mommy. Ever. :love:
I was reading your previous posts and it made me really sad but now like all other members I am super happy that your mom got better, wish you and your mom the best. :)

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Might be a good idea to look into colour psychology when creating a brand for your novel. Very helpful in terms of marketing and communications. You may already have, I don't know, but I'd use a colour scheme that best represents the key themes.

As if I didn't already love her and think she was the best person ever, my mom, who just very recently became alert enough to have her ventilator removed and is now able to stay awake for longer periods of time, just texted me goodnight and that she loves me!

Best. Mommy. Ever. :love:
Yay! So happy to hear she's getting better, love.

Top Bottom