• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
What does it mean when someone says "I'm one for one" and "two for two"?
Example: "I'm one for one on flushing out Pamelas. And I plan on being two for two." (From TV, it's JR talking to the second Pamela)

I understand the overall meaning easily, but I don't understand why you say one for one and two for two.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
It means you've tried twice and succeeded twice without missing. So if I score on a hockey net on my first shot, that's one for one. If on my very next shot I also score, that's two for two.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
CT: My granddad has what we call a "Boston butt" in the oven and it smells divine. Before you decide to make jokes about "butt" you should know that what us Americans call "Boston butt" is actually a cut of pork that comes from the upper part of the shoulder from the front leg of a pig. When done right, it is delicious and it falls off the bone. If you like barbeque sauce then that makes it even better. I can't wait to eat dinner lol.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
CT: My granddad has what we call a "Boston butt" in the oven and it smells divine. Before you decide to make jokes about "butt" you should know that what us Americans call "Boston butt" is actually a cut of pork that comes from the upper part of the shoulder from the front leg of a pig. When done right, it is delicious and it falls off the bone. If you like barbeque sauce then that makes it even better. I can't wait to eat dinner lol.
My dad calls that Piggy's Ass.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
CT: I'm wondering if anyone here has the cartilage of their ear pierced, and if so, does it hurt? I'm considering having it done but I don't want to be in a lot of pain for ages afterwards.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I wish I could help you, Jen but unfortunately I'm a wuss when it comes to the thru and thru issue. (Don't even have my ears pierced, which earns me a lot of ribbing considering my tattoos, ha-ha.)

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I wish I could help you, Jen but unfortunately I'm a wuss when it comes to the thru and thru issue. (Don't even have my ears pierced, which earns me a lot of ribbing considering my tattoos, ha-ha.)
That's okay, thanks for replying! I have my lobes done twice but I've been wanting another piercing for a while. Are you squeamish about piercing, then? I know a few people who are and they have tattoos, so I can understand you being the same. :)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
That's okay, thanks for replying! I have my lobes done twice but I've been wanting another piercing for a while. Are you squeamish about piercing, then? I know a few people who are and they have tattoos, so I can understand you being the same. :)
I wouldn't exactly call it squeamish, I've come close a few times, but if I over think the fact that there's going to be a needle making a hole in my skin, it won't happen, lol.

I've had a couple friends who've had the cartilage done and thoughts on it seem to range from "didn't hurt at all" to "I cried", which is normal I suppose. Wrist and foot tattoos have varying experiences like this so I think it all depends on the person and how you deal with pain. The only time you have to step back and worry is when everyone agrees that it hurts like a bitch. ;)

Last edited:

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I think the pain level depends on the person. I have heard various people say various things about their experiences with piercings and all are different. I watched my mom and two of her friends get their eyebrow pierced and each experienced something different. My mom said it didn't hurt at all; she just felt immense pressure. One of her friends screamed the whole time and ended up stopping so she could smoke a cigarette; the other friend said she had an "out of body experience" lol.

When I got my monroe, I felt the same thing my mom felt: immense pressure and a soft popping sound. For me, the healing process was more painful than anything.

It might be pretty sore for a few weeks but that's about it @Jen. Just be sure to make sure it's nice and clean every day.

I've always kind of wanted to get an "industrial"...

Reactions: Jen

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I wish I knew what to say. My best friend is being controlled by her parents, and nothing I say can change it. In fact, it's gotten worse because of me, because I tried to help her. She can't go on like that... I need to help her somehow... but I don't know how...

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I think the pain level depends on the person. I have heard various people say various things about their experiences with piercings and all are different. I watched my mom and two of her friends get their eyebrow pierced and each experienced something different. My mom said it didn't hurt at all; she just felt immense pressure. One of her friends screamed the whole time and ended up stopping so she could smoke a cigarette; the other friend said she had an "out of body experience" lol.

When I got my monroe, I felt the same thing my mom felt: immense pressure and a soft popping sound. For me, the healing process was more painful than anything.

It might be pretty sore for a few weeks but that's about it @Jen. Just be sure to make sure it's nice and clean every day.

I've always kind of wanted to get an "industrial"...
I'll admit, that popping sound doesn't sound very fun. I've looked on the Internet and everywhere people say it can take up to a year to stop hurting... I really think I'm gonna chicken out haha. :p Thanks for the reply!

Industrials are so cool. :) I've always liked those ear chains too.

EDIT: Spontaneously had my lobes pierced again today. I love them. :)

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
What the hell!? A family friend has been house-sitting for us, and we came back for the day and the house is trashed. Half the food is gone, the cats were locked in my room, the floors and walls are all scratched... black marks on the walls... apparently she had a party... she knows the cats aren't allowed in my room, nobody is, but they were locked in there, none of my blankets were there... grr. We said nobody was allowed over, if she wanted to hang out with people she had to leave and go somewhere else because we don't want strangers in our house, and she didn't listen. Also my parents' closet door was open, and all of our personal towels were used. What the hell...

Last edited:

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
What the hell!? A family friend has been house-sitting for us, and we came back for the day and the house is trashed. Half the food is gone, the cats were locked in my room, the floors and walls are all scratched... black marks on the walls... apparently she had a party... she knows the cats aren't allowed in my room, nobody is, but they were locked in there, none of my blankets were there... grr. We said nobody was allowed over, if she wanted to hang out with people she had to leave and go sonewhere else because we don't want strangers in our house, and she didn't listen. Also my parents' closet door was open, and all of our personal towels were used. What the hell...

Is your family paying her for house-sitting? If so I don't think she'll be getting a penny. That is just ridiculous behavior...very irresponsible.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Oh my God. I hope she's able to pay for the damage and help clean up. Are your pets okay, Maddy?

How can anyone do something like that? Does she have a drug problem?

They're fine now, I don't think they were in there too long, maybe a few hours.
I don't think she does drugs, she said she tried them once when she was younger, but I don't really know.

Is your family paying her for house-sitting? If so I don't think she'll be getting a penny. That is just ridiculous behavior...very irresponsible.

My mom was gonna pay her, but now she isn't going to. It's weird, she's always seemed responsible, she was our neighbour for a while and was fine back then, which was only a year and a half ago.
I just noticed I was so flustered I made a spelling error before! NOOO!

Top Bottom