• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Dude, 1990's Ninja Turtle movies are the best. IDK why that Michael Bay/Jonathan Liebesman fiasco ever happened. This sh*ts where it's at...
Let's face it, the 90's Ninja Turtles movies were great because of nostalgia. The new movie would have been better if they hadn't focused on April the entire time but, overall, I would say they got the turtles spot on. I really enjoyed it.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
On Tuesday, we had to put our 18-year-old border collie, Meka, to sleep. Yesterday was my first day back home since she's been gone and it already seems so lonely here without her. I'm going to miss this little nugget so much. I hope there's lots of MacD's cheeseburgers in Doggie-Heaven for her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...46789_4345145776735086829_n 1_zpslpd3ezqx.jpg
I'm so sorry for the loss of a family member. 18 years? She lived a lot longer than most dogs can hope for, few dogs get old enough to vote. It's an impressive age. We lost an 8 year old dog in our family a couple of years ago, so I know the emptiness. :hug:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Let's face it, the 90's Ninja Turtles movies were great because of nostalgia. The new movie would have been better if they hadn't focused on April the entire time but, overall, I would say they got the turtles spot on. I really enjoyed it.
I'd say the 1990 Turtles movie still holds up very well, but Secret of the Ooze and III definitely are banking on nostalgia.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'm so sorry for the loss of a family member. 18 years? She lived a lot longer than most dogs can hope for, few dogs get old enough to vote. It's an impressive age. We lost an 8 year old dog in our family a couple of years ago, so I know the emptiness. :hug:
Thanks, Romero. She was one year short of voting age here, aha.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
CT: I can't believe in the U.S.A there aren't dill pickle chips or Aero bars. Those are two of my main snacks. But as long as I have pistachios, I will be alright when I move.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No way man. The 90's Turtles movies are far closer to the comics than ANY Iteration save for maybe the 2003 cartoon. The new one was awful. They did nothing but turn the Turtles into thugs and f*ck up casting for EVERY damned character except for Vernon. On top of that, giving Shredder the bit part he played, as just a muscle for a bigger plot, rather than as a cunning adversary totally robs him of what makes him a frightening villain. There is a reason that the original 90's version is one of the highest grossing independent films of all time (And at one point WAS the highest). It's because it's GENUINELY good. On top of ALL that you have the mastery of Jim Henson being attached to the project...

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
One thing you have to respect about the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is that it was definitely a movie for the fans. "Who cares what the critics say? We just want to make an awesome and entertaining movie that stays true to the source material and that the fans will love." If the 41% from critics and 81% from audiences on Rotten Tomatoes is any indication, they did just that.

Lithium

CT: "Oh no, all my friends want to hang out with me - I don't have time to play all the videogames I want!"
- first world problems. But I enjoy this, tbh. Means I don't have any real problems at the moment.

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Tried posting this yesterday but it was gone when the server crashed... so here we go again.

So for the past two or three years my main group of friends have been my coworkers and some of the management at the hotel I used to work at. We had always done everything together until the manager, Fernando, went to another hotel and brought my best friend at the time with him, despite the fact I had asked him first. Neither told me this though - Victoria told me she was moving back home to take care of her dying mother. When I found out she had lied and was really at Fernando's hotel, naturally, I got super angry and blew a gasket. At least three others went to this new hotel as well.

I reconciled with all of them, except for Victoria, and things were, for the most part, normal. However, I moved to Toronto after scoring a job in politics in a cabinet minister's office. I tried keeping contact with them - but after a month or so I realized that I was the only one ever initiating text messages with anyone so I stopped altogether. Likewise, I stopped receiving invites for any weekend parties/outings.

Last weekend, out of the blue Fernando texts me and comments that he hasn't heard from me lately. He asks if I've seen my parents in a while and I say yes, I've been back the past couple of weekends. I assume the polite thing to do is to invite him out for a beer so I do so. And he doesn't reply back.

I don't know what these people want from me. I thought once I had my big-time government job that I wouldn't give two sh!ts about any of them, but I still can't get over their betrayal. I don't know what is going through any of their heads or what they want me to do and I'm exhausted trying to figure them out.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Tried posting this yesterday but it was gone when the server crashed... so here we go again.

So for the past two or three years my main group of friends have been my coworkers and some of the management at the hotel I used to work at. We had always done everything together until the manager, Fernando, went to another hotel and brought my best friend at the time with him, despite the fact I had asked him first. Neither told me this though - Victoria told me she was moving back home to take care of her dying mother. When I found out she had lied and was really at Fernando's hotel, naturally, I got super angry and blew a gasket. At least three others went to this new hotel as well.

I reconciled with all of them, except for Victoria, and things were, for the most part, normal. However, I moved to Toronto after scoring a job in politics in a cabinet minister's office. I tried keeping contact with them - but after a month or so I realized that I was the only one ever initiating text messages with anyone so I stopped altogether. Likewise, I stopped receiving invites for any weekend parties/outings.

Last weekend, out of the blue Fernando texts me and comments that he hasn't heard from me lately. He asks if I've seen my parents in a while and I say yes, I've been back the past couple of weekends. I assume the polite thing to do is to invite him out for a beer so I do so. And he doesn't reply back.

I don't know what these people want from me. I thought once I had my big-time government job that I wouldn't give two sh!ts about any of them, but I still can't get over their betrayal. I don't know what is going through any of their heads or what they want me to do and I'm exhausted trying to figure them out.

I replied to this yesterday, but that was a few minutes before the stoppy thingy-maboberino.

I've been in a few situations like that. I put up with the people and I was miserable. I gave up on the people (long story as to why I did that) and I've been so much happier since. This guy doesn't deserve to be your friend, and you don't deserve to be stressed out about it. I say ditch him.

Top Bottom