• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Flipqy42

Nevermore
People have a strange sense of what's appropriate to show children. Apparently (and I say apparently, because I have not watched the Walking Dead recently, as it just kind of evolved into the same thing every season) the newest episode had a scene where two guys kissed each other. And so cue the idiots saying how that isn't appropriate for their children, implying that they watch the Walking Dead with them. So one of the goriest shows on TV, which frequently features gruesome deaths in explicit detail, is all well and good for children, but the second two men show their love for one another by kissing, everyone loses their minds!

So to sum up:
violent deaths and straight people f*cking each other (I'm looking at you, GoT): A-okay for kids
Two people of the same gender kissing: Evil and obviously pushing some sort of agenda.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
People have a strange sense of what's appropriate to show children. Apparently (and I say apparently, because I have not watched the Walking Dead recently, as it just kind of evolved into the same thing every season) the newest episode had a scene where two guys kissed each other. And so cue the idiots saying how that isn't appropriate for their children, implying that they watch the Walking Dead with them. So one of the goriest shows on TV, which frequently features gruesome deaths in explicit detail, is all well and good for children, but the second two men show their love for one another by kissing, everyone loses their minds!

So to sum up:
violent deaths and straight people f*cking each other (I'm looking at you, GoT): A-okay for kids
Two people of the same gender kissing: Evil and obviously pushing some sort of agenda.
These "parents" should be the ones to tell kids what's going on and teach them about life things rather than letting a TV do it for them

Last edited:

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber

So to sum up:
It does seem that the moment any form of reality is reflected, the morons find something to remonstrate about. If Game of Thrones' headache inducing duel is fine, then their standards are absurd. If you think it's inappropriate for your children, why sit with them when watching a TV show constantly showing gore? Good old double standards. Your point about straight characters having sex is pertinent; if explicit sex is allowed on TV between straight characters, why is a true, dignified show of love such a big deal? Christ on a bike.

If showing scenes of domestic violence is fine (believe me, as someone who has been through it I find it absurd how it is always physical violence; most is psychological), then why to those morons is this not?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

So to sum up:

Somebody I know lets their kid watch wrestling and the first couple seasons of The Walking Dead, and he's not allowed to watch kids shows because they're not realistic, and he was originally allowed to watch Glee, but when his mom found out there were gay people on it, she never let him watch it again. She said it was because he would make fun of them, when he didn't even care.

Meg

So bin ich eben
Oh does it ever... When your partner lags and all of a sudden zombies are on them like a dog on a biscuit! It also adds to 'throwing the controller at the wall' syndrome!
Which I'm pretty sure is the first sign of turning into a zombie! Have you been getting enough green herbs in your diet?

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Which I'm pretty sure is the first sign of turning into a zombie! Have you been getting enough green herbs in your diet?
Green herbs presumably do something to the clotting factors of the blood... As someone on blood thinners, I'll stick to quitting the game when a zombie runs around the corner thank you very much! I would be the absolute worst zombie; I'd effectively be a zombified Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (the number of medical problems involving my joints, my word...).

I do eat a lot of meat. Can't be too sure whether it's alive or dead, however! ;)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Back-story to my current thought: So Scooby-Doo is like...my favorite show ever. Well I'm watching The New Scooby-Doo Movies and, if anyone doesn't know and I'm sure not many people do, they were hour long specials back in the 70's where Scooby and the gang met up with various people. Fictional people (The Addams Family), real people (Sonny and Cher), other cartoons (Speed Buggy), etc. I'm watching the episode where they meet Josie and the Pussycats and Scooby and Shaggy are supposed to be on guard. Well everyone wakes up in the middle of the night and hears this crazy loud growling sound - the girls are freaking out and Fred pops his head in their door and tells them to keep it down. Well it turns out, through Scooby-Doo and JatPC process of elimination techniques, that Scooby and Shaggy have fallen asleep and are snoring outside the door of the girls room.

My thought is: I love how Fred just automatically assumes it's the girls snoring like crazy!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Back-story to my current thought: So Scooby-Doo is like...my favorite show ever. Well I'm watching The New Scooby-Doo Movies and, if anyone doesn't know and I'm sure not many people do, they were hour long specials back in the 70's where Scooby and the gang met up with various people. Fictional people (The Addams Family), real people (Sonny and Cher), other cartoons (Speed Buggy), etc. I'm watching the episode where they meet Josie and the Pussycats and Scooby and Shaggy are supposed to be on guard. Well everyone wakes up in the middle of the night and hears this crazy loud growling sound - the girls are freaking out and Fred pops his head in their door and tells them to keep it down. Well it turns out, through Scooby-Doo and JatPC process of elimination techniques, that Scooby and Shaggy have fallen asleep and are snoring outside the door of the girls room.

My thought is: I love how Fred just automatically assumes it's the girls snoring like crazy!

Everybody in my family snores, but the loudest are my cats. They've actually woken people up. xD

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
So today I got my results back for the interview where I had the wardrobe malfunction. I didn't get marked down for it and got the highest grade classification possible. So happy. :D

I told you it's going to affect your grade positively, if anything! Anyway, congratulations!

Reactions: Jen
Top Bottom