• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
^ I know, it's soooo cold lately. I left my phone out in my car today and I didn't want to out and get it but my dad was like 'wtf you're Canadian'.

Anyway, well, now that I know the owner is into me… SO tempted to put out for a raise.

LOL it must've been pretty damn cold then. A Canadian wouldn't even go outside! :p People that live in Georgia and Alabama aren't used to it being too cold. The last few days have been colder than usual.

CT: I think I may cut and dye my hair tonight....

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Ahaha, if you play your legs cards right you can even become the co-owner! You go girl!

But seriously, I think it's ethical when workers get their raises based on their performance in work. I'm not in a position to judge you though. Had I been in a similar situation similar thoughts might have crossed my mind.
l
That would be wonderful, but we don't live in a perfect world. If we did, similar thoughts shouldn't have to cross anyone's mind. No one at the desk, including my direct manager, comes anywhere close to my sales, and I continually get better reviews than anyone else. But each time I ask for a raise the conversation goes 'But I make you $500,000 per year.' 'That's pocket change to me, you can be making 7.' And the fault is not mine, the fault is that the hotel does not have a free breakfast - which is a huge selling point for hotels.

Don't get me wrong, I'm probably not going to go there - it was only a thought after all, but I'm certainly not getting raises based on my performance at work. If I did, I'd be making twice what I am now.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
CT: What you consider amazing, mature and intelligent makes me wonder just how in the world we started talking in the first place. Sometimes people astound me with how little they know me.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
CT: I can not be trusted with money. Went shopping for some heels. Came away with a bag, a pair of flat shoes, some tights, a jacket and three dresses. I didn't even remember I was there for heels before I'd left. Spendaholic.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You're incredibly sweet but you give me way too much credit there, lol. If you knew my brother...well let's just say he's one smart cookie. Makes me look, and feel, like a total idiot all the time he's so freaking smart.
I can relate to that one hun...Not necessarily that my siblings are smart, but I'm the black sheep. All of my siblings kind of over-shadow me to my family as well, to the point of where I see them maybe 5 times a year. It's just not worth it, ya know...

But if he's book smart, he probably doesn't have street smarts, and being wise about the world is what really counts in the end. I be you've got that in spades.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I can relate to that one hun...Not necessarily that my siblings are smart, but I'm the black sheep. All of my siblings kind of over-shadow me to my family as well, to the point of where I see them maybe 5 times a year. It's just not worth it, ya know...

But if he's book smart, he probably doesn't have street smarts, and being wise about the world is what really counts in the end. I be you've got that in spades.
I agree. I always felt a bit inadequate in school because he was so smart and, where as I had to study and work at it a bit, it just came naturally to him. He's also got such an amazing artistic talent where as, again, I had to work at being good at drawing. Everything he touches is gold. He picks up things so quickly and easily and he goes through things rather quickly. He's a good musician, he's good at mixing beats and producing, he's an amazing artist, he's a great fisher, he quickly became adept at judo and I've heard he's a good disc-golf player. He's just got so many great ideas and it all comes naturally to him that it's not hard to feel as though I picked up all the left-overs.

Not that I feel sorry for myself by any means or resent him in any way. I excel in other areas. I'm better at managing money and keeping a budget; buying things in the real world and weighing wants over needs. I deal with priorities better and am better at disciplining myself if I don't really need something. (I also keep up better with car maintenance and the like.) All of that still doesn't exactly help when everyone else thinks he's god's gift but I make do with what I've been dealt.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree. I always felt a bit inadequate in school because he was so smart and, where as I had to study and work at it a bit, it just came naturally to him. He's also got such an amazing artistic talent where as, again, I had to work at being good at drawing. Everything he touches is gold. He picks up things so quickly and easily and he goes through things rather quickly. He's a good musician, he's good at mixing beats and producing, he's an amazing artist, he's a great fisher, he quickly became adept at judo and I've heard he's a good disc-golf player. He's just got so many great ideas and it all comes naturally to him that it's not hard to feel as though I picked up all the left-overs.

Not that I feel sorry for myself by any means or resent him in any way. I excel in other areas. I'm better at managing money and keeping a budget; buying things in the real world and weighing wants over needs. I deal with priorities better and am better at disciplining myself if I don't really need something. (I also keep up better with car maintenance and the like.) All of that still doesn't exactly help when everyone else thinks he's god's gift but I make do with what I've been dealt.
I understand completely Flora. I'm the step-child as opposed to my half-siblings being the full blooded children, and while I'm the smartest of us book wise, I still dropped out of school, am not the most athletic, listen to hard rock music and try to make it in a band, ect. ect. so I'm still looked at as the most immature as the 5 of us, even though I'm the oldest. It just doesn't make since to me. I'm living on my own, have my own job, have a baby on the way, and all in all am doing VERY well for myself, but somehow I get the hand-me-downs of my YOUNGER siblings. It's confusing. I don't resent them either, like you don't resent your brother, but I can't wrap my head around how they think the way they do. However, it seems you're definitely got your priorities figured out, which is ALWAYS a good thing. And I firmly believe there are two types of people in this world. Those who are born with a lot of natural talent, and those who have to work hard every day to become true geniuses. I will ALWAYS prefer the second one, which it seems you are...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I understand completely Flora. I'm the step-child as opposed to my half-siblings being the full blooded children, and while I'm the smartest of us book wise, I still dropped out of school, am not the most athletic, listen to hard rock music and try to make it in a band, ect. ect. so I'm still looked at as the most immature as the 5 of us, even though I'm the oldest. It just doesn't make since to me. I'm living on my own, have my own job, have a baby on the way, and all in all am doing VERY well for myself, but somehow I get the hand-me-downs of my YOUNGER siblings. It's confusing. I don't resent them either, like you don't resent your brother, but I can't wrap my head around how they think the way they do.
That sounds truly horrible, KK. I didn't know you were the only step-child, by the way. That must be pretty hard on you. :( I've never thought about what sort of strain that would put on my brother and myself if we didn't share the same parents. And the fact that you dropped out has nothing to do with how intelligent you are. In fact a lot of drop outs are extremely smart they just get tired and bored because of all the attention-to-detail in education goes to the people who aren't quite as smart; it's like the intelligent ones get ignored completely in favor of the people who struggle.
And then it's like: "why try if no one is going to sit up and take notice?"
However, it seems you're definitely got your priorities figured out, which is ALWAYS a good thing. And I firmly believe there are two types of people in this world. Those who are born with a lot of natural talent, and those who have to work hard every day to become true geniuses. I will ALWAYS prefer the second one, which it seems you are...
Thank you and you as well for that matter. And don't worry about not understanding your siblings. I don't understand my brother over half the time; or how we came from the same people, lol. Sometimes we're so alike it's scary - and we look a great deal alike too - but then there are other times where I'm sure he's from a different planet.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That sounds truly horrible, KK. I didn't know you were the only step-child, by the way. That must be pretty hard on you. :( I've never thought about what sort of strain that would put on my brother and myself if we didn't share the same parents. And the fact that you dropped out has nothing to do with how intelligent you are. In fact a lot of drop outs are extremely smart they just get tired and bored because of all the attention-to-detail in education goes to the people who aren't quite as smart; it's like the intelligent ones get ignored completely in favor of the people who struggle.
And then it's like: "why try if no one is going to sit up and take notice?"

Thank you and you as well for that matter. And don't worry about not understanding your siblings. I don't understand my brother over half the time; or how we came from the same people, lol. Sometimes we're so alike it's scary - and we look a great deal alike too - but then there are other times where I'm sure he's from a different planet.
Haha, thanks a mil. And don't be sorry or think it's horrible. Individuality is a beautiful thing. If I were just like my siblings, or they were just like me, then I wouldn't be the kickass person here talking to you now ;)

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium

I hope you don't mind me putting my two cents in. Just thought I would say that you can drive yourself crazy by thinking of the qualities other people have that you don't. You already seem to have this down, but keep focusing on yourself, what you're good at and what makes you the person you are. There's a down side for people who are naturally talented at stuff - it makes them give up easier if they come across something they can't do right away, at least in my experience. It seems like you have the determination to succeed, which is better because you're willing to stick at whatever it is you're doing and see it through. And I bet there are lots more things that you excel at that others don't. Just keep thinking of those things and thinking positively about yourself. (I know from experience this can be hard). From what I've seen around the forum, you seem like a lovely person in general, and that counts for a hell of a lot too. :smile:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Aww thank you. That's very sweet of you to say and I must say that you seem very lovely yourself. :D

And yeah it was hard for a while but I do feel that, now, I'm much better at accepting who he is and just moving on.
I just wish I had been able to accept it better when I was in middle school/high school instead of trying to compete with him or the image of him. Didn't help that I come from a small town and most all of my teachers knew/had him when he was in school as well, lol.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I never understood how family could favor one child over the rest. That truly irritates me. And Maggie is right about drop outs. I dropped out for the same reasons, not to mention there was a whole lot going on in my life at that point. I just felt overwhelmed. Society doesn't care about these things though and family can be the same. They think all drop outs are delinquents. Not true.

And for what it's worth, I know better about the both of you (Maggie and KK). Ya'll are incredible individuals :)

CT: I wish I could've just stayed home today. My sinuses are giving me fits again and I can feel the congestion in my chest.

Top Bottom