• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm ****ed! I was passed up for a job that I'm most certainly qualified for. In fact, I'm MORE than qualified for it given my past experience. I wasn't even interviewed! How does someone with multiple supervisor and sales positions under his belt not even get CONSIDERED for an interview!?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm ****ed! I was passed up for a job that I'm most certainly qualified for. In fact, I'm MORE than qualified for it given my past experience. I wasn't even interviewed! How does someone with multiple supervisor and sales positions under his belt not even get CONSIDERED for an interview!?
Maybe they had already filled the position by the time your interview was to be held. No worries, I'm sure something will come your way soon. They say everything happens for a reason.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Perhaps you're over-qualified. My sister has worked in three countries, has great people skills, experience in various lines of work and a CV that is several pages long, yet she's been looking for a new job for two years. Sometimes she has interviews, sometimes not, but it just doesn't work out. (Well, the last one almost worked, but they already had someone else.) It is totally incromprehensible to all of us why no one seems to want her. Oh well, humans...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
If she's that experienced they'd have to pay her more, or feel she'd be expecting more pay than someone with less experience but who meets their qualifications.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
That has happened several times; they would have taken her if they hadn't found someone else who was willing to do the same work for less money. But I can also understand that she doesn't want to accept a new job with a lower salary than she has now, especially considering her expensive city. It's a terrible situation, really.
Might be the same in KennedyKiller's case, since he says he has experience too, and they probably see that in his CV before he goes there for an interview.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I think that killing someone while drunk driving is murder and a crime that you should have to do hard time for, not some ****ing minor charge where you do a couple of years, pay a fine and do community service. I also think that the person that took my former district manager from her young children yesterday morning while she was on her way to work should have to work the rest of his life to support her children.

It's ridiculous that people feel the need to over indulge in alcohol and then get into a car and take other people's lives into their hands and they don't get punished properly for it.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's ridiculous that people feel the need to over indulge in alcohol and then get into a car and take other people's lives into their hands and they don't get punished properly for it.

Exactly. Getting drunk and then getting into a car is a choice, so there's no excuse for causing harm or death to others in that state. People who can't make sensible choices while under the influence of alcohol just shouldn't drink. An acquaintance of mine also died fifteen years ago due to someone else's inability to drive while drunk, so I have no sympathy for those people.

But traffic accidents aren't the only possible outcomes of alcohol overuse. It also causes sickness and abuse among other things. I hate alcohol and its effects on people so much that I would forbid it completely if I had the power.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
As someone who has been forced to live with someone who has a serious alcohol problem, I share your lack of sympathy. It's not a disease as many alcohol abusers claim, that **** is a choice and it ruins other people's lives in many different ways.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think that killing someone while drunk driving is murder and a crime that you should have to do hard time for, not some ******* minor charge where you do a couple of years, pay a fine and do community service. I also think that the person that took my former district manager from her young children yesterday morning while she was on her way to work should have to work the rest of his life to support her children.

But what if the drunk driver kills a guy who was proven to have molested several children. Then is he still a criminal, or did her just do the world a service...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
You don't get to choose who you kill when you're drinking and driving and you endanger everyone on the road when you do. There should be harsher penalties for drinking and driving killings period. No matter who you end up killing.
And all drinking and driving infractions for that matter. It doesn't matter if you hurt anyone or not, the fact of the matter is that you don't have all your faculties about you and you could hurt someone and you know that. People who go out shooting in the open get arrested and punished whether they hurt someone or not and the same should be said for DUI.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You don't get to choose who you kill when you're drinking and driving and you endanger everyone on the road when you do. There should be harsher penalties for drinking and driving killings period. No matter who you end up killing.
And all drinking and driving infractions for that matter. It doesn't matter if you hurt anyone or not, the fact of the matter is that you don't have all your faculties about you and you could hurt someone and you know that. People who go out shooting in the open get arrested and punished whether they hurt someone or not and the same should be said for DUI.
See, I think one of three things can happen here, and you cannot treat all three the same.

1. The idiot (Unfortunately) survives, making it home to drink and drive another day.

2. The idiot gets into a crash where only he/she is injured and kills themselves, thus proving Darwin's survival of the fittest.

3. Same idiot kills someone, possibly a mother of three, possibly a known felon who murdered three children.

There are so many possible outcomes, I really don't think it's fair that someone get punished so harshly for what is technically a good service to the world. Ridding it of evil. That being said, I still think they should be punished, and the severity of the punishment should be FAR stronger if he DID kill that mother of three. If he's caught drunk driving BEFORE he hurts anyone, just make his ass pay a hefty penalty, do not much else. If it happens more than twice that he gets caught drinking and driving, you COULD revoke his license, but I'll put it this way, my friend had his motorcycle license revoked for street racing, and it doesn't stop him from riding it. Money, sadly enough, is a motivator in this world, so if a dude has to pay a $1000 fine EVERYTIME he's caught drinking and driving, his dumbass will stop doing it. Now, I don't drink. I've been in a rock band, so I'm done with the whole drinking and partying thing, however, to condemn a man or woman's life when there is just the POSSIBILITY of doing something wrong, rather than actually having DONE something wrong, isn't quite fair. Drinking and driving is always wrong, but that's why you have the fine.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I'm not going to get into a battle of morals or ideals with you, KK. The fact of the matter is that drinking and driving is wrong because you're taking someone else's life into your hands. For better or worse, whether preacher or murderer, that other person's life is not yours to take. Period. We start taking lives for the hell of it in mere hopes of offing a "bad person" - which really, what are the odds? - we're no better than the people who supposedly need killing in the first place.

Who are you to say who lives and who dies? Who made you judge, jury and executioner? It's not your right.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
See, I think one of three things can happen here, and you cannot treat all three the same.

1. The idiot (Unfortunately) survives, making it home to drink and drive another day.

2. The idiot gets into a crash where only he/she is injured and kills themselves, thus proving Darwin's survival of the fittest.

3. Same idiot kills someone, possibly a mother of three, possibly a known felon who murdered three children.

There are so many possible outcomes, I really don't think it's fair that someone get punished so harshly for what is technically a good service to the world. Ridding it of evil. That being said, I still think they should be punished, and the severity of the punishment should be FAR stronger if he DID kill that mother of three. If he's caught drunk driving BEFORE he hurts anyone, just make his ass pay a hefty penalty, do not much else. If it happens more than twice that he gets caught drinking and driving, you COULD revoke his license, but I'll put it this way, my friend had his motorcycle license revoked for street racing, and it doesn't stop him from riding it. Money, sadly enough, is a motivator in this world, so if a dude has to pay a $1000 fine EVERYTIME he's caught drinking and driving, his dumbass will stop doing it. Now, I don't drink. I've been in a rock band, so I'm done with the whole drinking and partying thing, however, to condemn a man or woman's life when there is just the POSSIBILITY of doing something wrong, rather than actually having DONE something wrong, isn't quite fair. Drinking and driving is always wrong, but that's why you have the fine.

You seem awfully fond of ridding the world of evil, Kennedy, or should I say, Kira!

In all seriousness, this is just one of those debates that will never see an ending, like religion, gay marriage, abortion, legal drugs, whether cats or dogs are better, etc.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You seem awfully fond of ridding the world of evil, Kennedy, or should I say, Kira!

In all seriousness, this is just one of those debates that will never see an ending, like religion, gay marriage, abortion, legal drugs, whether cats or dogs are better, etc.
You made the list of favorite person of the day...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I'm not going to get into a battle of morals or ideals with you, KK. The fact of the matter is that drinking and driving is wrong because you're taking someone else's life into your hands. For better or worse, whether preacher or murderer, that other person's life is not yours to take. Period. We start taking lives for the hell of it in mere hopes of offing a "bad person" - which really, what are the odds? - we're no better than the people who supposedly need killing in the first place.

Who are you to say who lives and who dies? Who made you judge, jury and executioner? It's not your right.
Only when your own life is on the line is it necessary.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think that killing someone while drunk driving is murder and a crime that you should have to do hard time for, not some ******* minor charge where you do a couple of years, pay a fine and do community service. I also think that the person that took my former district manager from her young children yesterday morning while she was on her way to work should have to work the rest of his life to support her children.

This is the one thing I have absolutely no sympathy or tolerance towards. It's unacceptable. Always. When I hear that alcohol was a factor in someone getting themselves hurt or even killed on the road, I can't help myself - my reaction is nearly always 'well, serves the dumb f u c k right'.

People like to think they're invincible, and lots of people don't understand that a motorized vehicle is a weapon. It's so selfish and it's so stupid.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I don't like overly drunk people whether they drive or walk. Sometimes I think the legal age for drinking should be 25 and not 18, but it would be unfair to the people who can behave themselves when they are drunk.

As someone who has been forced to live with someone who has a serious alcohol problem, I share your lack of sympathy. It's not a disease as many alcohol abusers claim, that **** is a choice and it ruins other people's lives in many different ways.
It is a disease, but at the same time it's a choice. They chose the risk of developing alcoholism. And some people are more likely to develop alcoholism than others.

Top Bottom