• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Seeing as we're going to take cheap shots and reply to closed threads, I might as well give my two cents.

First of all, I don't think anyone here has a problem with the jobs the mods have been doing. I'm still fairly new here, so I can't really judge just yet. Anyway, pointing out personal issues or flaws with a mod's work in no way means that anyone thinks they can do a better job. It's called criticism, either take it, correct it, or learn from it.

Oh, being a mod must be so hard right? Our tiny brains can in no way comprehend how difficult you guys have it. We're just human beings on a miserable planet, we know nothing of hardship and work. Wrong, that's some ego you got there. This is the internet, you're not special. None of us are.
You can't judge...but you do anyway?

For a new person, you are hardly ingratiating yourself right now. And as for criticism, you certainly lack finesse - that, dear, was a rant at me. Not criticism.

I called no one out specifically in that thread but you obviously felt victimised, indicating you know you were in the wrong. Interesting. Now, had you come to me privately with your concerns like an adult, we would be having a calm and civilised discussion right now. Instead, you got personal and nasty and I don't care much for that. Anyone here who has ever contacted me via PM before will tell you I like to give numerous chances to people who screw up BECAUSE nobody is perfect, myself included. Such a shame you chose to rant at me rather than talk.

So take some time off until you grow up.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
And it hurts my soul. People can take the auto-tuned harmonic stylings of Rascal Flats and their Taylor Swift nonsense and f*ck right off.
Agreed. While I occasionally indulge in the sounds of *gags* new country - some of it isn't half bad if you don't categorize it as country - the sounds of Waylon, George and Hank are infinitely preferable.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
CT: Jess has the cancer jab today - how long before she tries to get the rest of the day off school, I wonder?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I have to pay more attention at the table. Black PEPPER in the cup makes awful "instant coffee". :x

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
There was this guy that checked in with me yesterday who obviously chain-smoked and he obviously smoked indoors. I think this was the worst I've ever smelt someone reek of smoke. I have asthma so I have a particularly hard time with strong scents like perfume or in this case, cigarette smoke. But, I was the only one working so I had no choice but to help him myself. I'm clearly becoming flustered... I'm standing there trying to stifle my coughs and I'm losing my breath so I do the check-in process as quickly as I can, and then the prick comes back down six different times to ask questions. Like, seriously?

Social cues, dumbass. Learn to read them.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There was this guy that checked in with me yesterday who obviously chain-smoked and he obviously smoked indoors. I think this was the worst I've ever smelt someone reek of smoke. I have asthma so I have a particularly hard time with strong scents like perfume or in this case, cigarette smoke. But, I was the only one working so I had no choice but to help him myself. I'm clearly becoming flustered... I'm standing there trying to stifle my coughs and I'm losing my breath so I do the check-in process as quickly as I can, and then the prick comes back down six different times to ask questions. Like, seriously?

Social cues, dumbass. Learn to read them.
Wow...That's awful...hey, if you don't mind my asking, a while ago you were talking about them making a position JUST for you...Did ya take em up on it?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I gave it a good thought and I had another sit-down with the owner of the hotel shortly afterwards. When we actually got into the nitty-gritty of the position, it wasn't as great a deal as they originally said it was - well, it wasn't quite worth dropping out of school for at least. I still could have done it full-time while going to school - I mean, I'm working full-time now as the desk supervisor, but they refused to work around my school schedule for the marketing position for some stupid reason so I had to decline.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
CT: If I don't leave my house and get some fresh air soon I will go crazy. School is literally keeping me stuck in my room. Oh god.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I gave it a good thought and I had another sit-down with the owner of the hotel shortly afterwards. When we actually got into the nitty-gritty of the position, it wasn't as great a deal as they originally said it was - well, it wasn't quite worth dropping out of school for at least. I still could have done it full-time while going to school - I mean, I'm working full-time now as the desk supervisor, but they refused to work around my school schedule for the marketing position for some stupid reason so I had to decline.
Well hey, as long as it's all working out in the end...Something better than hotel work is bound to come your way! (I say this NOT to be insulting. I'm just pretty sure I remember you stating that you weren't a fan of the hotel business).

Top Bottom