• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Meg

So bin ich eben
Excuse me, I don't mean to intrude, but I have a question. Is that how the ignore function works? I thought ignore just meant you can't see their posts, but they can still see yours. I thought it also meant they can't message you or post on your profile page.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Excuse me, I don't mean to intrude, but I have a question. Is that how the ignore function works? I thought ignore just meant you can't see their posts, but they can still see yours. I thought it also meant they can't message you or post on your profile page.
For some reason I have it in my head that the new function Steve implemented works both ways (and that it blocks private + personal messages), but I could be wrong. I'm not Oprah, Meg. I can't know everything about everything. :p

CT: I really need to start working on my press release.

Mr Sunshine

The ignore function is broken. I can definately read your post right now, Megan. Steve plz. herp derp

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Well, seeing as moderators aren't just judges, limiting themselves to reports is kind of... I'm not even gonna say it. If the problem is known, how about some investigating on the issue. Unless we're just liars and there is no problem at all.
But why should we spend time investigate rumors and hear-say. If someone sees a problem, the least they can do is to report it. We are volunteers working here for free and we have better things to do than search through multi page threads for offending posts if nobody finds it report-worthy. If it's not worth reporting it's not worth any moderator action.

It works in this order: Report > investigation, not the other way around. Rumors are likely to be ignored unless it tells about murder. A report will result in investigation and appropriate action, and a report will automatically give us a link to the offending post. We need link(s) to the offending post(s), to just point at a big thread and say "there's a problem" is making it unnecessarily hard for us.
We are here at your service and we will help you, but you must help us help you.

Meg

So bin ich eben
For some reason I have it in my head that the new function Steve implemented works both ways (and that it blocks private + personal messages), but I could be wrong. I'm not Oprah, Meg. I can't know everything about everything. :p
What?!!??! :'(

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
CT: I've stopped drinking for almost two weeks and now I have an urge to smoke. I've never wanted to smoke in my life aside from pot and now... what the hell? JUST WHAT THE HELL.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I think the point people are trying to make in regards to a certain forum user is the fact that reporting a single post doesn't really give a clear indication as it would just look like an opinion. The point is this person is purposely making threads to cause arguments, the replies are all contradictory to cause arguments and when something is finally mentioned this person is nowhere to be seen.

Back on topic:
CT: Thinking about my Late cat who died in my arms last year :(

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I think the point people are trying to make in regards to a certain forum user is the fact that reporting a single post doesn't really give a clear indication as it would just look like an opinion.
Report multiple posts if necessary. You can also report one post and mention other offending posts in the statement. Opinions are fine, flaming isn't.

The point is this person is purposely making threads to cause arguments, the replies are all contradictory to cause arguments and when something is finally mentioned this person is nowhere to be seen.
What you describe here is trolling and it's bannable, but members don't need to take the bait. It's not the easiest offense to prove though. Resorting to flaming isn't the right choice here either, it never is.

Edit
Sorry about your cat.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think the point people are trying to make in regards to a certain forum user is the fact that reporting a single post doesn't really give a clear indication as it would just look like an opinion. The point is this person is purposely making threads to cause arguments, the replies are all contradictory to cause arguments and when something is finally mentioned this person is nowhere to be seen.

Back on topic:
CT: Thinking about my Late cat who died in my arms last year :(
I'm sorry to hear that Spike...I'm a cat guy myself, and I can't even imagine what emotions would befall me if something were to happen to my cat Goku...

And Mods...You're right...We should have reported, or handled it a different way. Why we didn't...Well reasoning is subject to the individual. I'll be the first to say that it's pride. Plain and simple. I don't feel the need to "Ignore" someone who is causing grief for me and my friends, and hell...My family. I mean, it's nearly the equivalent of having a sister with an abusive boyfriend, and standing doing nothing. I know, the analogy is a bit harsh for this particular situation, but that's the easiest way to look at it. Should we have done something. Yes. But it's deeper than an argument about a game or a gaming company. This was about emotion and passion for something that has been a staple in childhood for thick and thin throughout my life. And until one can understand, that his is about emotion, things will never truly get done. We can report, and maybe the magnitude of it could not be felt. Maybe it could. Who's to say. None of us are in the others shoes. But I'll be the first to say that we SHOULD have. But sometimes doing what's ride and doing what you believe in, like defending something you love, are two different things. If a drunk driver gets in his car and hits and kills a person it's bad right? But what if that person he killed was a child molester...Then is he a hero. Maybe not a hero, but there was some form of justice dealt. But at the end of the day. For me it's pride in something I truly love. And I challenge anyone of the others that were involved in the little skirmish to say it was anything different for you guys as well...

And Romero. You're right. It was bait. Bait we all fell for, but it wasn't so easily identified as bait until emotions ran deep...At least...It wasn't for me. At first it truly was a fun discussion. A fun discussion that turned into a logical debate. Then an an all out war with three members trying to destroy another. Wekser and I rarely get a long. But it was a simple case of "An Enemy of my enemy is my friend." So while it was bait, and easily identifiable as such now, it wasn't for any of us at the beginning. But that doesn't make us right...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
This is more like you, KK! I hope more people will realize the same as you. Lately I've been a little baffled with the amount of members who didn't seem to think straight.
Btw, I'm not saying that baiting did take place, nor am I saying that it did not.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'm sorry to hear that Spike...I'm a cat guy myself, and I can't even imagine what emotions would befall me if something were to happen to my cat Goku...
As another fellow cat person, I too send my condolences your way, Spike.

Also, KennedyKiller, for about 12 years, I had a cat named after Goku's youngest son, Goten! Coolest cat ever. Her power level was well over 9,000!

La Femme Fatale

The Queen

And Mods...You're right...We should have reported, or handled it a different way. Why we didn't...Well reasoning is subject to the individual. I'll be the first to say that it's pride. Plain and simple. I don't feel the need to "Ignore" someone who is causing grief for me and my friends, and hell...My family. I mean, it's nearly the equivalent of having a sister with an abusive boyfriend, and standing doing nothing. I know, the analogy is a bit harsh for this particular situation, but that's the easiest way to look at it. Should we have done something. Yes. But it's deeper than an argument about a game or a gaming company. This was about emotion and passion for something that has been a staple in childhood for thick and thin throughout my life. And until one can understand, that his is about emotion, things will never truly get done. We can report, and maybe the magnitude of it could not be felt. Maybe it could. Who's to say. None of us are in the others shoes. But I'll be the first to say that we SHOULD have. But sometimes doing what's ride and doing what you believe in, like defending something you love, are two different things. If a drunk driver gets in his car and hits and kills a person it's bad right? But what if that person he killed was a child molester...Then is he a hero. Maybe not a hero, but there was some form of justice dealt. But at the end of the day. For me it's pride in something I truly love. And I challenge anyone of the others that were involved in the little skirmish to say it was anything different for you guys as well...

And Romero. You're right. It was bait. Bait we all fell for, but it wasn't so easily identified as bait until emotions ran deep...At least...It wasn't for me. At first it truly was a fun discussion. A fun discussion that turned into a logical debate. Then an an all out war with three members trying to destroy another. Wekser and I rarely get a long. But it was a simple case of "An Enemy of my enemy is my friend." So while it was bait, and easily identifiable as such now, it wasn't for any of us at the beginning. But that doesn't make us right...
You know, KK, you've got a lot of class. I mean it. :)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yeah I know and I'm sorry; haven't really had much incentive to come by as of late. For a while there it was like everyone I knew was gone and there wasn't much in way of conversation if you know what I mean. I'm glad to see a lot of the vets back, though. Missed you guys. :)

Popo

I'm thinking that I must be crazy! Lately I've noticed that I talk to myself a lot. I have entire conversations with myself about nonsense xD Dunno if anybody else does this though:p

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
As another fellow cat person, I too send my condolences your way, Spike.

Also, KennedyKiller, for about 12 years, I had a cat named after Goku's youngest son, Goten! Coolest cat ever. Her power level was well over 9,000!

You just made my day lol.

Thanks guys ^^
And Goku is a cool pet name :D
My cat was called Simba xD I think you all know where that's from...

You just made my FIANCEE'S day lol. She's a HUGE Lion King fan...Borderline obsessive.

This is more like you, KK! I hope more people will realize the same as you. Lately I've been a little baffled with the amount of members who didn't seem to think straight.
Btw, I'm not saying that baiting did take place, nor am I saying that it did not.

You know, KK, you've got a lot of class. I mean it. :)

Thanks a mil you two...

Top Bottom