• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've come to the realization that there are just some things in life I'll never understand. For example: You're So Vain by Carly Simon. I've never understood this song or the mystery to it and I don't really think I ever will.

From the very beginning she describes him perfectly, right down to the finest of details, and claims that every girl dreamed they'd be his partner - well if all of you stupid women are going to act like the sun rises and sets on him, then of course he's going to be vain. The singer also comes across as extremely bitter saying: "You gave away the things you loved, and one of them was me..." and talking about how when they were together she was still naive. So is perhaps the reason you think he's so vain the fact that he is no longer with you? This bears the question: is he really vain or are you just biased? As Howard Stern, who reportedly knows who the song is about, said that his first reaction was that the subject wasn't really that vain.

But perhaps the most puzzling thing to me is why Carly Simon has never said who it's about; she even sold the rights to the song under the agreement that she would tell the buyer who it was about but they were sworn to secrecy. If you're woman enough to put your complaints out there, and you claim the person is so vain they know the song is about them anyway, you should be woman enough to say who it's about, shouldn't you?

Maybe I'm just over-thinking things again.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'm wondering what the hell I was doing during university; I've just finished unpacking most of my stuff and I don't understand how I've now accumulated a total of 9 curling irons and 2 sets of electric curlers, 6 straighteners and 4 blowdryers.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
I'm wondering what the hell I was doing during university; I've just finished unpacking most of my stuff and I don't understand how I've now accumulated a total of 9 curling irons and 2 sets of electric curlers, 6 straighteners and 4 blowdryers.
and they all have to do with hair interesting

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Maybe since you have quite the number of like objects, you simply did so much...'studying' you forgot you already had said object...or misplaced it. :)

Top Bottom