• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wentworth Miller as Chris...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
That's right - nothing tops the original or one's first time playing it. ;)

Difference between my first time and me playing now, is that when I play now, I know exactly what to do, thinking about the next seven things I need to do...it becomes routine actually...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Difference between my first time and me playing now, is that when I play now, I know exactly what to do, thinking about the next seven things I need to do...it becomes routine actually...

It does and, when it gets like that for me, I just switch up how I do things and get the different cutscenes. (Or I play as Chris - which I always find difficult because I'm used to playing as Jill.)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It does and, when it gets like that for me, I just switch up how I do things and get the different cutscenes. (Or I play as Chris - which I always find difficult because I'm used to playing as Jill.)

Maybe six item spaces makes for a little more of a challenge.:)

Actually, I hated the first time I played Chris. I couldn't find anymore little keys(the ones that get one use for the simple locks), and I was totally stuck, couldn't continue since the room I needed to get into was locked.

Chris seems to take more damage though, I like that. Oh, and headshots!

I usually just take a long break, it makes it all seem pretty fresh again. I haven't played anything RE in several months, at least. Except RE5 Gold.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Right, there isn't a whole lot of a difference. At all. She isn't such a huge part of either, and she still seems like a rookie.

Although the REmake is 'more' canon than the original, let's not try to make the original seem insignificant. It's still one of the best eva'.:)

Oh i agree its amazing...(Voice acting aside) but its not cannon anymore...I just don't think we see enough of Rebecca in REmake OR RE1 to call her a rookie...but if you read the S.D. Perry novels and look at that Rebecca, shes deffintley more like zero...i mean i know those are also non cannon, and actually came out before RE0, but i think they give a good inside into Rebeccas character...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
but if you read the S.D. Perry novels and look at that Rebecca, shes deffintley more like zero...i mean i know those are also non cannon, and actually came out before RE0, but i think they give a good inside into Rebeccas character...
That's because S.D. Perry likes Rebecca's character. In fact her first "original" Resident Evil novel featured Rebecca as the main character and she even makes a small cameo at the end of the book based on the second game - City of the Dead. It's all favoritism and fan-girly-ness.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That's because S.D. Perry likes Rebecca's character. In fact her first "original" Resident Evil novel featured Rebecca as the main character and she even makes a small cameo at the end of the book based on the second game - City of the Dead. It's all favoritism and fan-girly-ness.

I know the second book feautred her...but the fact that she liked her made for a plausible story as far as RE goes...i mean i like it better with Rebecca than i would with Chris or Jill...and i'm NOT a Rebecca fan...i can take or leave her...but for Caliban Cove i wouldnt have choosen any other character...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I know the second book feautred her...but the fact that she liked her made for a plausible story as far as RE goes...i mean i like it better with Rebecca than i would with Chris or Jill...and i'm NOT a Rebecca fan...i can take or leave her...but for Caliban Cove i wouldnt have choosen any other character...

Yeah, she certainly likes Becca. I was never a fan, but having her shown under that light, from the novels, her bigger role in RE1, as well as her role in the originals, Caliban Cove & Underworld were nice too.

I think we see enough of Becca in RE1, and/or the REmake to justify calling her a rookie. She was totally green. Even with all that said, the fact that she was so new, to the point where she was meeting members for the first time, like Chris, she obviously was a rookie within STARS. As far as combat experience, at 18, I doubt she really had any. No experience as a police officer, Air Force, SWAT, Delta, just using a few other like Chris & Jill & Barry's experiences as examples.

She was a rookie, no doubt. I was just pointing out the inconsistency, in how she shouldn't have been so green, so innocent in RE1, with her experiences in RE0. It wasn't a big deal, just a lack of continuity, which is what started this, when you wanted an example, and Becca in RE0/RE1 is a prime example.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, she certainly likes Becca. I was never a fan, but having her shown under that light, from the novels, her bigger role in RE1, as well as her role in the originals, Caliban Cove & Underworld were nice too.

I think we see enough of Becca in RE1, and/or the REmake to justify calling her a rookie. She was totally green. Even with all that said, the fact that she was so new, to the point where she was meeting members for the first time, like Chris, she obviously was a rookie within STARS. As far as combat experience, at 18, I doubt she really had any. No experience as a police officer, Air Force, SWAT, Delta, just using a few other like Chris & Jill & Barry's experiences as examples.

Oh don't take it the wrong way...I technically agree with you...I'm trying to make excuses for Capcom but to no avail...

She was a rookie, no doubt. I was just pointing out the inconsistency, in how she shouldn't have been so green, so innocent in RE1, with her experiences in RE0. It wasn't a big deal, just a lack of continuity, which is what started this, when you wanted an example, and Becca in RE0/RE1 is a prime example.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I think your quote failed.:)

Yeah, sure, but Capcom can come up with their own excuses, and they will usually be pretty lame.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think your quote failed.:)

Yeah, sure, but Capcom can come up with their own excuses, and they will usually be pretty lame.
Lol...ya my quote failed...and they do come up with some lame excuses...they need lawyers to do that stuff for em...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Wait? Uh...that will be funny as soon as i remember wich right that is...
Well once you figure it out, they'll plead the 5th.

It's a joke from this one comedian...he actually joked about how nobody knows the third amendment.:)

He was on Comedy Central like a week ago. I'll try to figure out his name and I'll post it for you.:)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well once you figure it out, they'll plead the 5th.

It's a joke from this one comedian...he actually joked about how nobody knows the third amendment.:)

He was on Comedy Central like a week ago. I'll try to figure out his name and I'll post it for you.:)

Sounds like a plan...

Top Bottom