• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wentworth Miller as Chris...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I haven't seen any of his acting, but looks alone I think he can pull off a half-decent Chris. IMO, he looks far more suited to the role than either Sienna or Ali did as Jill and Claire.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
La Femme Fatale;71342 said:
I haven't seen any of his acting, but looks alone I think he can pull off a half-decent Chris. IMO, he looks far more suited to the role than either Sienna or Ali did as Jill and Claire.

I thought Sienna did a pretty good job playing Jill, but Ali was and is a horrible Claire

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
Personally I think Shawn Roberts (the guy they have playing Wesker) would be better suited for Chris than Miller. When i first saw him in the beginning of Land of the Dead he became my number one choice for a prospective chris. Then I saw Skinwalkers and Diary of the Dead, and again i told myself he should play Chris. Ironic that he would be hired to be Wesker.

I have since come to the conclusion that you should not expect a decent character portrayal from the films. Like I always say put your hopes in one hand; then poop in the other, and see which one fills up first.

Sub-Zero

I'm not much on this guy playing Chris either. I liked the casting choices for Claire and Carlos. Didn't like Jill's at all. I guess I'll wait untill I've seen Afterlife to say too much though. Hopefully I'll be pleasently surprised.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Resident James;79159 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MS69-NbI-c

Check this out, I think he will be alright as Chris. I just hope the movies don't soil his career.
Wow, I was surprised at how articulate he is. Anyway, that said - I'm kind of frustrated with these actors who approach their roles with this 'ignorance is bliss' attitude. Did he even play the games or did he only look at pictures?

We'll see though, I'm going to try not to judge him any further until the movie comes out. We'll see.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
La Femme Fatale;79167 said:
Anyway, that said - I'm kind of frustrated with these actors who approach their roles with this 'ignorance is bliss' attitude. Did he even play the games or did he only look at pictures?

I agree wholeheartedly. If you take a role in which you are to be portraying a character that already exists outside of the movie you're doing, a character that already has a considerable fan-base, you need to know exactly what you're getting into. I hate to doom him but, from the interview, in which he clearly stated: "I'd never heard the name Chris Redfield before..." I don't have high hopes for him.

Mr Sunshine

I agree that in these kind of situations actors have to do some research about their character. However I think that playing the games is too much. They can instead view the cutscences or read articles in the RE wiki.

Resident James

Yeah, he says that he had someone get the cut-scenes of Chris from RE1(hopefully from the remake) and he went to various fan sites (maybe including this one).

So, I think he will try to be a faithful adaptation of Chris, because if he indeed went to the fan sites than he probably knows the fans reactions to the movies thus far. Any fault would be from Paul WS Anderson.

Magnetic

I like wentworth as chris, he got the cool character persona down when he acts. Not a great actor per se but nevertheless not really needed in res evil films

Albert_Wesker

Premium
I'll always see Wentworth Miller as Michael Scofield from Prison Break. And with that in mind, I don't really think he's suited as Chris Redfield. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Feng-Hi

Agreed with Albert_Wesker, I see him as Michael but I dunno, maybe he'll be a good Chris, of course setting a "smaller" framed Chris in what appears to be a movie RE5 may seem a little odd but the differences MAY work..................I'm open minded to it all :)

nradams

Niki
Feng-Hi;88184 said:
Agreed with Albert_Wesker, I see him as Michael but I dunno, maybe he'll be a good Chris, of course setting a "smaller" framed Chris in what appears to be a movie RE5 may seem a little odd but the differences MAY work..................I'm open minded to it all :)

I agree, I think that he might work out, but it may be iffy.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
La Femme Fatale;79167 said:
Wow, I was Anyway, that said - I'm kind of frustrated with these actors who approach their roles with this 'ignorance is bliss' attitude. Did he even play the games or did he only look at pictures?

Well put.

Also- and I hate to be that fan- but he isn't Chris. I can't see it. As far as looks go he reminds me NOTHING of Chris; their facial features are way too different if you asked me.

Also what did that youtube video show? It's gone now. Anyone have another link? :)

nradams

Niki
I think he did the best he could. I was hoping for a better sister and brother reunion between the two in the movie but I guess it was acceptable.

STARSValentine

Look wise I guess they went for the original Resident Evil Chris and not the hench Chris shown in Resident Evil 5... But personality wise I think he was perfect but I was just annoyed the fact they didnt mention he was part of the STARS unit... Which is a big fail in my opinion.

Top Bottom