• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 THE Mercenaries Thread

Jamus868

I'm looking for some one good to play with on Xbox 360. Right now I'm mainly playing Mercs. Reunion. Im looking right now to get 700k+ any one on here that can help? I currently use Barry.

Highest Score:
Solo 112k Sheva (Business)
Duo 697k Sheva (Business), 612k Barry

Revenantjack_2.0

Man, Mercenaries is hard! Ever since I finished Story Mode I've been trying to conquer it but until today, I only managed to unlock until Ancient Ruins stage.

Maybe I'm just suck at Mercenaries, I dunno. I watched on Youtube on how they did it and I still can't get the idea. Sure, shoot them on the knees, they'll fall, and quickly stomp them, but in my PC version, they just won't freakin' fall!

What I hate about RE5 is that they use this new real time item management system, which to me is pretty ****ty move by Capcom. I hate it! Really hate it!:pirate: Brought me nothing but frustrations again and again! And the quick time event buttons ala God of War?! Why can't I just run to an enemy with a flying punch?! Why can't they just put in a punch/dodge button?!

Adam Sessler was right, Capcom refused to evolve with the time. They're comfortable with lingering in their shadows. Now I can understand why fans rated RE5 as the least favourite RE series ever.

Sorry If I ranted in a wrong thread, but thanks for reading.^_^

Mr Sunshine

I agree. The real time management system has its disadvantages. It was firstly used in Outbreak and it is meant for online games. They could have made the game to pause whenever you enter your invenotory in an AI-partner game though.

In mercs mode I find it a bit furstrating, because I can't remember which weapons are in which slot and I lose time when equiping my weapons, healing myself e.t.c

Since it is an action game they should have sticked to a more action based inventory, in my opinion.

Revenantjack_2.0

Yea man I hope they don't repeat it in the next game. I almost discarded my shotgun in the middle of the fight. Many times I got killed by the Executioner while choosing items.

Very frustrating cos in PC version you can't use the D-Pad to switch items.

Jamus868

I have to disagree with you two. I find the management system is perfect for mercenaries mode. If you use fast reloads, you'll be constantly look at your inventory so you know where everything is. Having the nine slots is also perfect for mercs. because the speed at which you can do things in it. Examples: Discarding, reloading, and the fast switch system. Understanding advanced skill with using the inventory will show how its a perfect system.

How ever though the same does not hold in story. First play through or so, I would normally find myself scrambling for ammo because I have to much healing items or other ammo I don't need. Carrying three types of weapons already puts you at a disadvantage. Then they throw melee vests and bulletproof vests at you to use five slots making things harder.

O(+>

I liked the old inventory like everyone else but the real-time one pretty much HAD to be incoroporated to make co-op work. Can you imagine how annoying it would be to pause the game for both players just to equip/unequip something?

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
Average Solo Score on the Village, Reunion
100_3627.jpg

Wesker_xSTARSx

*whips out a pen in paper as he sits chest-deep in the molten lava*
Dear Capcom,
I would much appeciate it if you would add HUNK and Leon to Mercenaries/Versus, as well as Jill (S.T.A.R.S.) and Uroborus Wesker (like with Krauser in RE4) to Mercs Reunion. Oh, and while you're at it... GET ME THE F*** OUT OF THIS VOLCANO!!! >:mad:

P.S. We need a Wesker dodge in Mercs Reunion where you hold two buttons and he does nothing but dodge with a dodge meter yet can't attack during the dodge... Yeah, that'd be awesome.

GMajini

Yeah a dodge move would be awesome, especially on experimental facility. Imagine a hoard of lickers behind you, rocket launcher majini infront, he fires you dodge matrix style, bye bye lickers! Yeah Wesker baby!

Sorry i've calmed down. :wacko: I'm also looking for xbox players to play mercs, mercs reunion and verses with.
xbox gamertag is Gmajini. Please add me if you fancy a game, I don't care whether you are good or bad.

Im somewhere in the middle I guess
High scores
Solo - Ship - Barry - 154,130
Duo - Missle Area - BSAA Jill - 420,229 - they were midnight wesker.

I've only ever played duo on one occassion on the free gold trial but have gold membership now so looking to play online a lot more.:D

Marksman

A weekend of solid Merc'ing! Me and my friend on mercenaries (Co-op) We unlocked a load of characters, my new favourite charrie is tribal sheva lol. We barely got A's on the ones we got A's on (if that makes sense). My best character would be Chris STARS, don't have any of the Weskers... So got alot to do to catch up to you guys =P

EDIT: Just got my first S rank on The ship with tribal Sheva, sooo happy!!!!!!

Another edit: Just got A on the village (hurrah Chris Safari)

SNPAL21

Monster
What people seem to be doing is kill the boss like around a 105 combo. So basically get all the timers first, then start killing with a time combo and keep the combo going. Then as soon as the time combo is over get the other three as early as possible, hopefully before you reach a 50 combo. When you done getting all the combos, only kill the Majini and other small enemies except the bosses. You will get more points for killing a boss the longer you leave him for last. I tried it, but my connection is always bad so I always end up losing a combo around 140.

Jhovey87

Hey I was looking for someone to play mercs reunion on the PS3 sometime. I usually use business sheva with my highest score solo is around 80,000 and duo score is around 150,00-200,00, if you would like to play just email me at jhovey87@gmail.com or send me a msg on ps3 Re2_JValenTine87 Thanks!!

purpleinsect

I would love to play with someone and get higher scores! I ain't no expert, but I've been playing enough to not suck entirely :D nakedalien987

Hoady

I've been become incredibly addicted to Mercenaries the past few days, I got a hold of RE5 again and fricken love it(used to hate it).

I've only done coop so i don't know i fair up by myself.My highest score is something like 372140 on Public Assembly Duo, I'm gonna look it up tonight because thats not the exact score.

By the way i want to ask a question.With Wesker when you do the super speed move how do you turn/zigzag and stuff?I know how to do the knee move(which is one of the coolest thing i've ever seen)but i swear i've seen 2 player like criss cross kind of and changing directions when there sprinting.I looked on the internet but the buttons didn't work.(Using an xbox 360).

valentine_day

annoying hattifattener
Hoady;74963 said:
By the way i want to ask a question.With Wesker when you do the super speed move how do you turn/zigzag and stuff?I know how to do the knee move(which is one of the coolest thing i've ever seen)but i swear i've seen 2 player like criss cross kind of and changing directions when there sprinting.I looked on the internet but the buttons didn't work.(Using an xbox 360).

If you have control type B,you can use zigzag move,press rigth stick and then turn left stick,like rigth to left or up when wesker does sprint back and forth but you have to press A same time when you turn stick.
Type D only right stick,same thing.Hope this helps little.

Hoady

valentine_day;75084 said:
If you have control type B,you can use zigzag move,press rigth stick and then turn left stick,like rigth to left or up when wesker does sprint back and forth but you have to press A same time when you turn stick.
Type D only right stick,same thing.Hope this helps little.

You've helped me more then a little!Thanks Valentine,needs a bit more practice though!

Sone

This is my nickname ( SoneXpendable )in RE5 so put me in friend list to play Mercenaries with me, my score is over 580.000 ;) but im hunting 800.000 i know its possible :)))

Top Bottom