• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 THE Mercenaries Thread

Iced Digger

DegenerateElite;68868 said:
Two melees? What'chu talkin' about?

Flame spray
Double flame spray
Tear gas (Should be mustard gas, but whatever....)
Stun gun
Kick
etc.

What's bad about flamethrowers?

There's nothing bad about the flamethrowers, those are the only moves she has worth anything. You can count the stun gun, but you'll only be able to use that in rare situations. The kick is weak, barely does anything. Tear gas is god awful, that's also insanely weak. Her jump hit is also crappy. The only thing I do with Rebecca is use flame spray or just go commando... the only way to get a good score.

O(+>

Her Jailbreaker is pretty much the only thing good about her for me. Her melee moves are just sooooooooooo weak, along with her MP5. If I do use her, i'm pretty much just a mobile machine gun ammo cache for my partner.

valentine_day

annoying hattifattener
I just today tried merc.reunion,i was confused,there is a lot of new bad guys and stuff:blink: i just get with Excella over 40k score.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
O(+>;69016 said:
Her Jailbreaker is pretty much the only thing good about her for me. Her melee moves are just sooooooooooo weak, along with her MP5. If I do use her, i'm pretty much just a mobile machine gun ammo cache for my partner.

The MP5 is the only way to get a high score with her. I wasn't able to top my Chris (Warrior) scores, but I came pretty close. If you wanna talk weak melees talk Excella's power melees and all but the knee drop and neck twist for Jill. -Just sayin'. They're weak as hell too. Then again, Jill has the knee drop which is the strongest beatdown melee- other than Miranda Rights.
Excella has her awesome bitchslap which is the strongest front-kneeling melee.
Rebecca is no different. She has the strongest front face melee. The flame spray does more damage than they have in their entire life bar. Get 'em in a group and it'll kill majini that you haven't even shot, yet. That's also the fastest and easiest melee. (Why do you really think the best scoring masters used Wesker and Chris in Mercs? It's quick and simple.) Rebecca is even easier. It also has more range. You don't have to have perfect aim. Sweep upward quickly with the MP5 and torch 'em. It also is helpful in crowds and you don't have to switch guns. The problem with Wesker or Barry etc. is that the handgun beasts with melees, but you can only hit one at a time if the majini are dispersed. If you're surrounded, I hope you have a flash grenade. Switching guns also leads to ridiculously long grabs and recoil from axe strikes which, otherwise, would not have occured.
Consider what she's good for before you all criticize. I really don't get the hate. I could tear apart everyone else if I was only lookin' at the negative, too. Try her. Haters might like her.

Iced Digger

DegenerateElite;69064 said:
The MP5 is the only way to get a high score with her. I wasn't able to top my Chris (Warrior) scores, but I came pretty close. If you wanna talk weak melees talk Excella's power melees and all but the knee drop and neck twist for Jill. -Just sayin'. They're weak as hell too. Then again, Jill has the knee drop which is the strongest beatdown melee- other than Miranda Rights.
Rebecca is no different. She has the strongest front face melee. The flame spray does more damage than they have in their entire life bar. Get 'em in a group and it'll kill majini that you haven't even shot, yet. That's also the fastest and easiest melee. (Why do you really think the best scoring masters used Wesker and Chris in Mercs? It's quick and simple.) Rebecca is even easier. It also has more range. You don't have to have perfect aim. Sweep upward quickly with the MP5 and torch 'em. It also is helpful in crowds and you don't have to switch guns. The problem with Wesker or Barry etc. is that the handgun beasts with melees, but you can only hit one at a time if the majini are dispersed. If you're surrounded, I hope you have a flash grenade. Switching guns also leads to ridiculously long grabs and recoil from axe strikes which, otherwise, would not have occured.
Consider what she's good for before you all criticize. I really don't get the hate. I could tear apart everyone else if I was only lookin' at the negative, too. Try her. Haters might like her.

I'm not a "hater", I've told people I don't hate any of the characters, I just believe she's the worst of the 8. Her flame spray is excellent, but I can only seem to get a max of three kills at a time, it never really seems to want to give me more, eventhough there are a crapload of people. I play the mercenaries at least five hours everyday, I've played it enough, I'm good playing with every character, but she's the one I don't enjoy using. I don't know, different tastes mabye?

And also, why do you think they give her so much ammo? For players to go rambo and destroy everything, because 90% of her melees are useless. At least other characters actually have more than one useful melee. Just saying.

(I'm not trying to start a fight, just to defend my point)

O(+>

DegenerateElite;69064 said:

I'm not really hating on her, i'm just not loving her setup. You can't really use Wesker or Chris in her defence, they have a lot more strengths than her and little simalarities. And it's a good point with the poster above me, she's been compensated a lot of ammo with good reason. She's not a really bad Mercs character, i've played as her quite a few times. I can use her but i'm never my best with her while I can always bring out a great SS game with everyone else.

valentine_day

annoying hattifattener
I just notice,that Rebecca has nice melee moves.One shot to head then Fire spray thing,can kill many majini at the same time.Same with Sheva business,5 sec going great.Question:who is best character for experimental facility stage?Older merc.isn`t it Sheva with bow or Jill battlesuit for that stage.

valentine_day

annoying hattifattener
Chris-BSAA;69255 said:
@valentine_day
i would use rebecca(shotgun) or josh.

For that stage Rebecca is good choice,shotgun is good for lickers,this stage is hard to get high combo,cause i want to do 5 sec melee attacks all the time
Rebecca is good at The Mines stage too.

Iced Digger

The Experimental Facility is a pain for pretty much any character... you just have to use or ammo, health, and granades wisely. Excella and HM Chris are my favorite for the level.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
All about good team work!! Those melee attacks give you +5sec each time, if you can look after yourself and split up its like a life saver when your running out of time xD

The lickers are no match for the shotgun or SMG. nades work good as well.

Iced Digger

echoey;69406 said:
All about good team work!! Those melee attacks give you +5sec each time, if you can look after yourself and split up its like a life saver when your running out of time xD

The lickers are no match for the shotgun or SMG. nades work good as well.

If you've got the time, Proximity Mine's work great as well.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Do the Proximity Mine's give you +5sec? or are they just effective =p everyone knows all the perks to playing re5 nowdays, like the flash nades for the weird mutated majini and double headshots!! haha, everyone is pro around here.

Im still not great at playing mercs mode but the last few times I played I did have to use the Mine's lol ammo was dire.

Iced Digger

echoey;69416 said:
Do the Proximity Mine's give you +5sec? or are they just effective =p everyone knows all the perks to playing re5 nowdays, like the flash nades for the weird mutated majini and double headshots!! haha, everyone is pro around here.

Im still not great at playing mercs mode but the last few times I played I did have to use the Mine's lol ammo was dire.

Sometimes (rarely) ammo can actually be hard to find, due to the random dopping effect.

SeGeM6

Hello Im new to re5 mercenaries I was wondering if anybody could help me little. I have mic and I know how to speak english. Xbox gt: SeGeM6

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Actually, I recommend Chris (Warrior) for Experimental Facility. His Hydra and PSG-1 rape in that level. I got a combo of 80somethin' the first time I tried it -didn't know there were machine-gun majini, though, so I died. -_-

Iced Digger

DegenerateElite;69809 said:
Actually, I recommend Chris (Warrior) for Experimental Facility. His Hydra and PSG-1 rape in that level. I got a combo of 80somethin' the first time I tried it -didn't know there were machine-gun majini, though, so I died. -_-

Yeah, the PSG-1 is effective, it also helps when an annoying Rcoket Launcher or Machine gun Manji are firing at you halfway across the level.

Chris-BSAA

SeGeM6;69797 said:
Hello Im new to re5 mercenaries I was wondering if anybody could help me little. I have mic and I know how to speak english. Xbox gt: SeGeM6
i would love to, but only if youre good enough! :mad:

;)just kidding. ill add ya.

Top Bottom