• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) The graph puzzle! OMG that took me a while, what about you?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
O(+>;69537 said:
The vaccine puzzle was easy for me but this water torture (ahaaaaaa did you see what I did there!) was just horrible. Those bleeping sounds going on and on and on as I tried to match it up. I must have taken up 3 hours on it.

I had taken pictures on my phone of the outcome, there were 3 alternating ways it had to be done. I would just look at those and match it up easy.:) This comes in handy when you are playing a 8 runs on RE3, on Hard Mode to unlock the Epilogues...

O(+>

After the first time, I eventually just used an FAQ to get through it when it was taking too long. Couldn't be arsed to figure out which 1 it was.

tequila

Bottle Lover
Spike991;69528 said:
I need to look up some sort of walkthrough to find a definate way to do it each time, as I usually go through it, then forget about it until I play through again. I've noticed that you can do it either really fast, or really slow, nothing in between...

@tequila, did the Gammas eat you whole in RE3? I remember that they did in Outbreak, but I wasn't sure about RE3.

They do eat you whole. They did that to me when I was doing the second run of the game. They also got me at the bridge with the river since they popped out of nowhere and had left it like a dummy, had not paused it when I set the controller down. As for the gas station... I kind of remember the puzzle at the gas station. I didn't think that was hard. Wasn't it a stable code or a random like the water sample puzzle? I don't remember if it was stable or not.

Popo

when i first finished the game, i had seen my older brother finish it first, so i had no trouble with it

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
tequila;69553 said:
They do eat you whole. They did that to me when I was doing the second run of the game. They also got me at the bridge with the river since they popped out of nowhere and had left it like a dummy, had not paused it when I set the controller down. As for the gas station... I kind of remember the puzzle at the gas station. I didn't think that was hard. Wasn't it a stable code or a random like the water sample puzzle? I don't remember if it was stable or not.

You are probably right, I just don't recall it happening to me. My experience like that was with one of the Beta's, but still in the park, my wavebird controller had died, so I was helpless...

As for the puzzle as the service station, it wasn't particularly hard, and it certainly didn't take very long, it just didn't make any real sense, just entirely random. If it weren't as quick & easy as it is, then I might complain about it.:)

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
What helped me is noting the empty spaces (the ones without any sound) and if you get those right then everything else will fall into place

sadistic_greyfox

Is it weird that I actually had enjoyment in doing this? I thought it was one of the funner puzzles int eh series. Took me like 20-30 mins though.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
Lol i can see your character now walking through the dead factory with ease, blowing away a few hunters with the magnum taking off a few zombie heads along with way just walking around like you own the place,

you walk downstairs to the puzzle "Shhh....just give me a second!...ive almost...i cant...SONUVA"

dodoninja97

OMG my first time ive made it i saw it and i said:"What the hell is that?".Take me about an hour to solve it.Annoying but interesting puzzle ;):D

Sexta_PT

Personally i liked all the puzzles especially the ones in the dead factory, the funniest puzzle was the gas station puzzle, like some users wrote, i was just pressing the buttons, withouth knowing what was i doing, heheh

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
The one in the gas station was so ridiculously easy. I used to play a game called "Lights Out" and the puzzle was a mini version of that game. My vote goes in for the one in the hospital as the hardest for me.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I actually just stopped playing for a few days because it made me so mad lol

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Guys, seriously? That was the easiest puzzle of the game by far.

Are they talking about the one with the thing you move to one of the 4 corners of the room?

Or the one where you make the vaccine for Jill?

I agree the vaccine one is easy. It's like 3 switches and you're done. If you don't get those exact three though, you are going to be spending a lot of time there with the Gammas.

The one with the 4 corners is super easy though.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Are they talking about the one with the thing you move to one of the 4 corners of the room?

Or the one where you make the vaccine for Jill?

I agree the vaccine one is easy. It's like 3 switches and you're done. If you don't get those exact three though, you are going to be spending a lot of time there with the Gammas.

The one with the 4 corners is super easy though.
I was under the impression that they were talking about the water sample puzzle; the only puzzle in the game I would consider a "graph" puzzle is that one since you move the lines on the graph to make them match up. If you read the file on the puzzle it explains it, even if simply - all you do is match up the lines correctly and then test the water. *shrugs* I never understood what the big deal was.

The only ones I found challenging were the music box puzzle and that's because, after a few tries, all the notes started to sound the same to me :oops: - I get it on the first try everytime now, though; I guess it was just that first run-through that I had a problem with it - and the past, present and future puzzle with the amber, obsidian and crystal orbs. (I still have problems with that one.)

Top Bottom