• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) The graph puzzle! OMG that took me a while, what about you?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I was under the impression that they were talking about the water sample puzzle; the only puzzle in the game I would consider a "graph" puzzle is that one since you move the lines on the graph to make them match up. If you read the file on the puzzle it explains it, even if simply - all you do is match up the lines correctly and then test the water. *shrugs* I never understood what the big deal was.

The only ones I found challenging were the music box puzzle and that's because, after a few tries, all the notes started to sound the same to me :oops: - I get it on the first try everytime now, though; I guess it was just that first run-through that I had a problem with it - and the past, present and future puzzle with the amber, obsidian and crystal orbs. (I still have problems with that one.)

Oh, it had gotten a bit off topic, as in onto another puzzle that was a problem I think.

Yeah, the water sample one though, it was simple, as you just had to match it up. That doesn't mean it didn't take a long time though....

The one with the 3 stones is certainly my least favorite. I've really been hoping to find a good consistent way to do that puzzle, so that I don't have to mess with it for so long each time.

Have you figured it out, or is it still guess & check with you too?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Guess and check is my method with that one and I'm still usually sitting in the floor for around five minutes going: "dur...:confused:".

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Guess and check is my method with that one and I'm still usually sitting in the floor for around five minutes going: "dur...:confused:".

Same with the gas station one? Although that one is quick, not tedious like the one in the clock tower.

With the melody thing in the clock tower, music box, there is one behind the stair case on the 1st floor, that gives you the right ones to choose if I remember.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Same with the gas station one? Although that one is quick, not tedious like the one in the clock tower.

With the melody thing in the clock tower, music box, there is one behind the stair case on the 1st floor, that gives you the right ones to choose if I remember.

Oh I don't even have to use that, I'm all good with the music box puzzle now - it was only the first time that I had problems with it. (And I think part of it is that I was frustrated.)

I've never had problems with the puzzle in the gas station even though that one is kind of "hit or miss"; I've always gotten it rather quickly so nothing is as frustrating to me as that past, present, future puzzle. I'm convinced there is no logical solution to it, it's all about chance.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Oh I don't even have to use that, I'm all good with the music box puzzle now - it was only the first time that I had problems with it. (And I think part of it is that I was frustrated.)

I've never had problems with the puzzle in the gas station even though that one is kind of "hit or miss"; I've always gotten it rather quickly so nothing is as frustrating to me as that past, present, future puzzle. I'm convinced there is no logical solution to it, it's all about chance.

You can simply press A, B, C and D, really fast, doesn't hold you up at all.

The one with Past, Futre, etc, that one requires you to place, pick up, pick up, place, place, pick up, pick up, etc. It goes on forever.

None of the other games had anything like it. Though RE0's puzzle with the animals, once you get behind Marcus' portrait in the main hall. It's the one where you light the animals in order, that one was tough too.

AsterikeSage

LORD OF THE MANOR XD
It took me a while at first. Now I can solve it quite easily, but it can take at least five-ten minutes of messing around to do it

Cyberote

Took me about 5 minutes of head-scratching to figure out what the heck I was doing. Eventually I paid very close attention to the meters and got it. God I hate that puzzle.

Top Bottom