• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) The graph puzzle! OMG that took me a while, what about you?

AVP

oh yeah i remember that puzzle was so hard it had me stumped for at least 1 hours to 2 hours or something stupid like that is there any possible way to do that puzzle first time every time?

dont get me wrong i completed that game but it was pure luck i did that puzzle lol

AVP

weskerfan;31852 said:
im no longer clueless to this puzzle.
now i can get it correct in one try.

wow cool do you have any tips for me bcoz that puzzle realy anoyes me so much

AVP

i know but how and evertime i mess it up the noise of the thing anoys me and then i quit lol

nemesis_lover

This was really hard for me back in the day, I was only like 10 at the time, so I spent ages trying to get past it.
The last time I played RE3 was last summer and I spent less then 5mins on it, shows how much 10 years make :)

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
That puzzle wasn't hard for me at all (if I'm thinking of the right one). The one that stumped me for about an hour was when you had to get the vaccine. I HATED that one. The worst part is that I had to do it again because of those d***ed water lizards that just love to swallow you whole. ****ed isn't an accurate word to describe how I felt.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
what i found worked was to figure out only the first line instead of trying to line up the entire puzzle. there were only so many combinations in which the first line is correct and the rest of the puzzle isn't. from there it's just guess and check. if one doesn't work, shift it around until the first line is correct again. eventually, the entire puzzle will follow suit.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Elochai;61244 said:
That puzzle wasn't hard for me at all (if I'm thinking of the right one). The one that stumped me for about an hour was when you had to get the vaccine. I HATED that one. The worst part is that I had to do it again because of those d***ed water lizards that just love to swallow you whole. ****ed isn't an accurate word to describe how I felt.

:lol: I hate those damn lizards. *grabs Jill and swallows her whole* "Nom nom nom!"

You died.

No f'ing way. :blink:

Mr Sunshine

tremor;65851 said:
Elochai;61244 said:

:lol: I hate those damn lizards. *grabs Jill and swallows her whole* "Nom nom nom!"

You died.

No f'ing way. :blink:

In the first three RE games there are three different versions of hunter. In RE1 it's is the Alpha version. In RE3 the Beta version with the exception of this room whrere there is the Gama version.

The graph puzzle was easy for me too. The vaccine one was quite difficult and I worked at random most of the time. However the one that I completely did by pure luck was the one in the gas station! I was just pressing the buttons and I got it in less than 5 minutes.

My favorite is the puzzle in the Clock tower where you have to place the stones in the correct time pictures! I completely understood that one!

FireSlay

oh that 1 it was a pain in the ass but with my speediest speed run
i finished it with 1 hour 30 mins
or some thing like that
and the water puzzle gets easier if u finish it for like 2 times

2wp7787.jpg

here is my old 1 for RE3

& here for RE2
just 1 minute away from inf Rocket Launcher :)

a5dkbr.jpg

if u want to see a real pro its 1 click away
http://www.youtube.com/user/lucianoRX

i know i suck
btw for RE2 Today
i might get better time for Claire wish me luck

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It did take awhile, quite tedious actually...

It is at least able to be figured out though, unlike the one in the clock tower involving the marbles(obsidian, crystal, amber?), or god forbid the one in the gas station, which just requires you to randomly press the A,B,C, & D buttons in random orders until you win(at least it goes fast).

Mr Sunshine

Spike991;69493 said:
It is at least able to be figured out though, unlike the one in the clock tower involving the marbles(obsidian, crystal, amber?), or god forbid the one in the gas station, which just requires you to randomly press the A,B,C, & D buttons in random orders until you win(at least it goes fast).

I have to agree with you about the gas station puzzle. I was just pressing the buttons too.

But the murble one was pretty awesome! I've placed one by one the stones to all pictures and figured enough things to solve it out.

The picture of the past turns the clock one/two/three
hours backwards according to which stone you have placed.

The picture of the present turns the clock one/two/three hours forward.

The picture of the future turns it two/four/six hours forward. In fact it has a double effect.

After this it was just a simple equation.

tequila

Bottle Lover
I hated the one with the water sample in RE3. The other puzzles were easy to me. U had to quickly shoot the gammas before they eat u whole. Those ones annoyed me as well.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Fallen91;69506 said:
I have to agree with you about the gas station puzzle. I was just pressing the buttons too.

But the murble one was pretty awesome! I've placed one by one the stones to all pictures and figured enough things to solve it out.

The picture of the past turns the clock one/two/three
hours backwards according to which stone you have placed.

The picture of the present turns the clock one/two/three hours forward.

The picture of the future turns it two/four/six hours forward. In fact it has a double effect.

After this it was just a simple equation.

I need to look up some sort of walkthrough to find a definate way to do it each time, as I usually go through it, then forget about it until I play through again. I've noticed that you can do it either really fast, or really slow, nothing in between...

@tequila, did the Gammas eat you whole in RE3? I remember that they did in Outbreak, but I wasn't sure about RE3.

O(+>

The vaccine puzzle was easy for me but this water torture (ahaaaaaa did you see what I did there!) was just horrible. Those bleeping sounds going on and on and on as I tried to match it up. I must have taken up 3 hours on it.

Top Bottom