• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NEW MOVIE!! resident evil: afterlife

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
He was in Resident Evil Degeneration, it was the other Resi film, it was made in CGI or whatever it's called lol cartoony etc.

Leon_appearance.jpg

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

personally I really am not looking forward to the next film as they have been horrible and the characters poorly potrayed thusfar, there going to have to pull a very big cat out of the bag to turn it around and make it "as good as the games" otherwise they will just be annoying fans even more I reckon.

Hoady

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S;36135 said:
personally I really am not looking forward to the next film as they have been horrible and the characters poorly potrayed thusfar, there going to have to pull a very big cat out of the bag to turn it around and make it "as good as the games" otherwise they will just be annoying fans even more I reckon.

Fat chance did you see the ending in extinction?Well you get a faint idea its not going to end well.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'm not thrilled over a new movie, either. They are so trying to milk the series for every last drop, and it's getting kind of silly. I mean, Alice killing all the crows with her 'mind powers'? Eh, get real.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
La Femme Fatale;36158 said:
I'm not thrilled over a new movie, either. They are so trying to milk the series for every last drop, and it's getting kind of silly. I mean, Alice killing all the crows with her 'mind powers'? Eh, get real.

She didnt... she used some firethrower.

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
I'm not really looking forward to the new Resi movie. I never really liked extinction and the ending was awful. I have a feeling the new one is going to be muck and have absolutely nothing to do with the games bar the T-Virus.

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
La Femme Fatale;36181 said:

She used the fire from the flamethrower, yes, but she 'controlled' it herself. It's pretty clear that it wasn't really working until she came in. :)

I still liked the movie. :)

Dont care the least that it doesnt follow the game.

It was a good movie... and THATS what counts to me.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I thought the part where the guy was in the big truck.. an he had a little joint as a send off haha that was classy for a resi movie but he was the best soilder working for umbrella whatever his name was.

enrico? ive forgoten :( this guy

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
RE5.;36205 said:
I thought the part where the guy was in the big truck.. an he had a little joint as a send off haha that was classy for a resi movie but he was the best soilder working for umbrella whatever his name was.

enrico? ive forgoten :( this guy

That was Carlos Olivera. :)

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

for me out of all the movies there was only 2 half decent characters, one being michelle rodrigez'es character the other the funny black guy in the 2nd one, mr "GTA motha f**ka 10 points!"

for me the character potrayal has been nothing short of dire for those from the games (Jill was horribly played, Claire wasnt even Claire, Carlos was too stereotypical and dont even get me started on Nicholai and Mikhail)

But for me the moment went the films totally over-stepped the mark is when they went dabbling in the realm of phycic powers....that was TOO much, I also hated the films potrayal of the Tyrant (suddenly he has phychic powers too now?) and the pathetic hollywoodisation of one of the most ruthless B.O.W in RE history, the nemesis..

I was severly annoyed that decided to go for a meat-headed yank for Albert Wesker as well, through-out the 11 years of the game Wesker has always had an "Englishmans" voice, one of the things that made him unique among the crowd....

Honestly, the guy that wrote the scripts and did the casting for the RE films should go back to the dole office and queue up because he doesnt have a bloody clue what hes doing!

/rant finished.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I agree entirely, Jill. It never came across to me that they took care with their casting choices. The new characters- those not featured in the game, were good- apart from Alice (for me). But the casting for the original characters was very mediocre. I find that the choices for Jill and Carlos were 'okay' at best. But Ali Larter didn't wasn't Claire for me, I had a hard time making that connection because she was just so different. I even saw an interview where she asked Milla who Capcom was; way to show all the viewers that you didn't do your research, Ali. Don't get me started on Wesker's actor either, he was such a tool.

Haha, I think we are on the same boat. Personally, I would love for there not to be another movie entirely.

papa

i loved jill

sienna guillory went as far to play the games and learn jills movements

....but ali alrter was a let down

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
papa;41130 said:
i loved jill

sienna guillory went as far to play the games and learn jills movements

....but ali alrter was a let down

Agreed, she didn't even put her hair in a ponytail...such determination...and she looked like Sarah Connor.:(

@Nite, Mercy on us....not in this lifetime.:)

Rain

I don't trust Wikipedia. Jensen Ackles has said more than once with a big "WTF?" he is NOT going to be Leon Kennedy. His reps specifically said that he had no idea, and he even commented on it himself.

And personally, I love Ali Larter, she did a great job in the movie...but she just didn't remind me of Claire.

InfadaStone

Rain;45226 said:
Jensen Ackles has said more than once with a big "WTF?" he is NOT going to be Leon Kennedy. His reps specifically said that he had no idea, and he even commented on it himself.

I think you just gave me reason to keep on living.

Where'd you hear this? x

zamboniz

-By RAIN: A lot of people don't trust Wikipedia

A lot of people don't trust Wikipedia, but it is informative; such as: Here: [URL="]http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00019209.html[/URL]...

If Paul W.S. Anderson gets his way, it will be because the previous compilations of Alice's--and don't forget, it IS all about Alice!--reincarnations. In reading this forum and sorting through comments on other sites, I get the feeling the gamers can't and won't approve of any more spin-offs on this franchise because it pollutes pathways for cybergaming.
That's okay. There's room in this big nasty world for all kinds and Resident Evil 4 or whatever is just as valid as any other movie, considering they made millions on "Drag Me To Hell", for PG audiences.

So go ahead; Drag Me To RE-4!

Resident_Evil_Afterlife_loc.jpg
residentevil2.jpg

Top Bottom