• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Anybody hate steve burnside..

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
simple becsue they have made Steve the one who helps Claire from the begining of the game until half way of it. and then Chris comes.

... Leon helped Ashley from start to finish. And he fought alot more than just a bandersnatch or two.

why haven't they let that person who opens the Cell for Claire. the one who gives you the lock pick after you give him the medicines. be the one who helps Claire.

Um... because he was dying?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Black dragon knight;38463 said:
simple becsue they have made Steve the one who helps Claire from the begining of the game until half way of it. and then Chris comes.

why haven't they let that person who opens the Cell for Claire. the one who gives you the lock pick after you give him the medicines. be the one who helps Claire.

the agent/cop who opens the cell is injured both times he makes an appearance, theres no way he could make it through protecting claire, he helps her by giving her, her freedom, instead of being trapped in a cell when the island is being taken over, and the chances of steve going in there and finding her trapped in a cell are small.
so the guy who releases her, does help her in a big way, he just cant possibly tag along as he would slow her down with his injury.

Trinity

Well,mind the fact that Steve is a 17 year old who got stuck in Hell...Characters like Leon and Jill for example were stiff as a plank at the first encounter but they had the chance to evolve through parts...Little Stevey didn't...And it would be pretty dull if all the characters were cold blooded Nicholais or something like that :)

I personally liked him,and his background :)

ResidentZelda

NO WAY! Steve Burnside (lol if you flip his last name is "sideburn") is a great character!!!! I actually cried when he died!!! D: Anyways I like him better than Leon, I know he has his emotional breakouts and all that crap, BUT he has saved Claire's neck lots of times!!! and they make a perfect couple!!1!!!!111!!!! lol too many exclamation points! XD

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
you actually cried lol...no matter how much i liked a character, i would neverbreak out in tears over them.
leon can control himself more, and is better at handling situations.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
you do realize that we are talking about two persons. one is a trained cop. who lived most of his life hiding behind his weapons which is Leon. and a child who woke up and found himself in a nightmare which is Steve.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Black dragon knight;38616 said:
you do realize that we are talking about two persons. one is a trained cop. who lived most of his life hiding behind his weapons which is Leon. and a child who woke up and found himself in a nightmare which is Steve.

Hun, I don't understand the relevance of this point. Are you still talking about who is most reliable?

Levan

Polkka. lol
Steve is kind of in the middle for me. He's annoying sometimes, but he's pretty kind to Claire too. If it wasn't for Steve, Claire couldn't have survived, after saving her about two or three(?) times and his ability to fly a plane at 17(I was amazed at this one).

He's open to enter any game though due to Wesker's little speech about reviving him. One thing I would like to see is a brand new and matured Steve in the future games. And maybe with extraordinary powers like Wesker.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
La Femme Fatale;38644 said:
Hun, I don't understand the relevance of this point. Are you still talking about who is most reliable?

i am just defending Steve by saying a fact

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well I haven't looked through previous comments, but I know that alot of people have some animosity towards him...

I personally thought he was a cool character, no more, no less.:)

He wasn't that bad for sure, his whole backstory was actually really good, his voice was average, and of course had his signature, "Souurry" line, I thought he was a great addition, and in on way do I have any real major complaints about him.:) Not a huge fanatic to where I want him to return for sure, but if he did return that might be cool...if it was logical that is.:)
SteveBurnsideCVX.jpg

NiteKrawler

The only thing I didn't like about him is his voice. His "Soooory" line was great though. The scene in which he "died" was actually pretty emotional and well done. He was a good character.

Volthora

- Emotionally unstable.
- Childlike arrogant attitude.
- Most annoying nasal voice ever. (Although Alfred had the most annoying voice in the whole Resident Evil series, and the dumbest laughter)

For some reason I think all these traits made Steve seem more human to me, but I do agree he could be a pain in the ass every now and then.

Levan

Polkka. lol
I think it's his choker, or probably something that prisoners recieve(and must wear) that contains some sort of number. I'm guessing it's his choker.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yep, all of the prisoners had that, including his father, if you remember that scene.:)

Although Claire didn't as she had just arrived, and because of the unexpected visitors they had to skip the formalities...

Levan

Polkka. lol
Fortunately she didn't get one, Claire with that sort of choker on her neck would really turn me off. lol

Shoot Them InThe Head

Question : Anybody hate steve burnside?

Yes with a passion!
The guy is supposed to be a teenager so why does he look 25 and sound like a 12 yr old?
His actions throughout the game just annoyed the hell outta me.
For instance, where the hell was he when claire was trapped in the hidden room suffocating. The idiot couldn't even put the lugers back when he was in there. Plus, if he had given claire the lugers in the first place, they could have been ou of there sooner.. He just delayed the whole escaping process, idiot.

Plus he declared his love for claire! what he knew the girl for a day and fell in love with her?! he barely spoke to her! most of the converstions were about escaping.. the guy was a freaking knobhead!! i will never play as him in darkside chronicles or maybe i will just so i don't have to look at the guy!

sorry for that rant but my god, he was annoying! hope he's officially dead, ha:verymad::verymad:

BillyCoenJCR1418

I just read this whole thread and I was laughing at times. Its funny how Steve got all this attention for being Steve Burnside! :)
He's a cool character, had his moments , not my favorite, but at least he gave some life to RE:CV. And seeing Claire for the first time will make anyone fall in love! lol

Top Bottom