• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All Resident Evil Movies

• Thread starter Deleted member 1428
  • Start date

Hoady

Yeah a women fighting nemesis i mean come on i may not have played the game but i know nemesis doesn't take crap from anyone.

Quick off topic:Viggos quitting acting?Shame hes great and i don't even remember him starring in many movies unless i'm missing his older work.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yeah a women fighting nemesis i mean come on i may not have played the game but i know nemesis doesn't take crap from anyone.

I think what bothers me most about this is the fact that in the game, Jill ultimately killed Nemesis. In the movies, Alice kills him with her bare fists, while Jill sits idly by. It actually really ****ed me off.

Quick off topic:Viggos quitting acting?Shame hes great and i don't even remember him starring in many movies unless i'm missing his older work.

He's been in quite a few before LotR. It is a shame, he was really great. But I guess acting and Hollywood isn't for everybody. What can ya do. :(

mastermind

ya she was a bad person to be the main character they should have just had somone who is a veteran to the series for the game

D

Deleted member 1428

Yeah like Leon or someone. But I still kinda like Alice though.

mastermind

get chris in there but that wouldnt make sense cause all the stars members were hunted down and killed by nemesis except jill and peytan but peytan got bitten and died and jill was the only one who survived of the stars team

of course this is the movie timeline that matches almost nothing of the games

Feng-Hi

Of all 3 I'm one of the supposed few who actually prefers RE: Extinction, something about it was better than the others. None of them are good enough to live by the RE name, they could have been so much better but for a "cheap-ish" take on the RE series they're passable. The end of extinction let it down though, an army of Alice's felt very much like Alien Resurrection!

I'd like to see a major reboot and something original, not another takw on B movie or Blair Witch but something imaginative and different to launch RE to the status it should be.

Hoady

mastermind;35865 said:
they were good for what they were
but they were not for a RE game fan

Yah if they didn't have games it would be more highly praised, then again any movie that involves zombies and a chick with super powers doesn't really appeal to me.

Nemesis

On The War-Path
Premium
The RE movies never really appealed to me as with most RE fans. They were never based on the games that much even though a few elements from the games were in them.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I agree with the comments made above about them being more for people not familiar with the games. Everyone I know who hasn't played the games seem to enjoy the Resident Evil series as films, whereas on the other hand, most who do play the games don't like the movies.

It's also a shame because I was expecting to really enjoy 'Degeneration', and it was marketed as a movie for the game fans. I just think it was very poorly done, even worse than the other three.

D

Deleted member 1428

I play Resident Evil games and I still like the movies <.<.

Dean

This is for those who complain about the Resident Evil Movies not been up to their particular standard.

First I think it's disrespectful and mindless for people to put down some other peoples Resident Evil movie because it doesn't live up to their standards of what they expect. Fans should be pleased and grateful that anyone even made a movie about resident evil. And they have worked very hard, and so has Capcom. They really don't deserve to be so harshly criticized as some people like to do....It's ok to criticize your own movie. Or someone elses that asked for you opinion in particular. But it's not ok to just openly and blatantly put down some other persons movie because you expect too much and expecially if you don't understand the work involved in making a movie.

Anyone is free to make a movie, and if you don't like that movie. Make a better one! Instead of complaining about someone elses.

As for resident evil Degeneration. I thought it was stunning, the faces on the people and the movie it self was a work of art....If you cannot appreciate it, you do not understand what art is about or what effort is involved to make something like that. You cannot expect like they are magical wizards, they don't click their finger and it's perfect to your satisfaction. What on earth do you expect? Then go do it yourself! It takes a lot of specialized expertise to get that far.

Most of you would also not understand, the maker of these movies has a responsibility on some level to integrate certain occult esoteric things.

Such as this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCbaFHWgT28

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Dean;37989 said:
This is for those who complain about the Resident Evil Movies not been up to their particular standard.

First I think it's disrespectful and mindless for people to put down some other peoples Resident Evil movie because it doesn't live up to their standards of what they expect.

Does this not contradict the whole idea of making movies in the first place? Making films is a gamble, but in the end, they do it to make money. It's not 'disrespectful' or 'mindless' to criticize a movie. It's mindless if you go in saying, 'Oh, this movie has 'Resident Evil' slapped onto the title, I'm sure it's amazing'. The movies were okay, but they weren't brilliant, and I paid to see it so I have every right to criticize it if I felt it didn't live up to my expectations. It's all about capital... I can say what I want but in the end, they've milked me for a few bucks- which was their primary intention.

Fans should be pleased and grateful that anyone even made a movie about resident evil.

Oh, give me a break. :rolleyes:

But it's not ok to just openly and blatantly put down some other persons movie because you expect too much and expecially if you don't understand the work involved in making a movie.

I feel like I'm in kindergarden again, 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all'. If you want to be a mindless consumer, go right on ahead. I won't stop you. If you feel it's wrong to criticize a movie because you 'might hurt their feelings', then all the power to you.

As for resident evil Degeneration. I thought it was stunning, the faces on the people and the movie it self was a work of art....If you cannot appreciate it, you do not understand what art is about or what effort is involved to make something like that. .

Lol, sure, okay...

Listen, hun, I'm not trying to be rude with you here, although it probably comes off that way. I've just taken more than a few media studies courses in my time, and it's absolutely absurd for me to hear someone with such a standpoint. I paid money to see the movie, I have every right to criticize it if I felt it wasn't 'good'. It's rediculous to prance around saying 'oh, every movie in the entire world is good because all the producer's worked hard on them', which is what you are suggesting. The purpose of these movies are to make money, and as long as they can do that, they're satisfied. I don't think they really care what we say.

And welcome to the forum.

Trinity

Dean;37989 said:

First I think it's disrespectful and mindless for people to put down some other peoples Resident Evil movie because it doesn't live up to their standards of what they expect. Fans should be pleased and grateful that anyone even made a movie about resident evil. And they have worked very hard, and so has Capcom. They really don't deserve to be so harshly criticized as some people like to do....It's ok to criticize your own movie. Or someone elses that asked for you opinion in particular. But it's not ok to just openly and blatantly put down some other persons movie because you expect too much and expecially if you don't understand the work involved in making a movie.

Anyone is free to make a movie, and if you don't like that movie. Make a better one! Instead of complaining about someone elses.

As for resident evil Degeneration. I thought it was stunning, the faces on the people and the movie it self was a work of art....If you cannot appreciate it, you do not understand what art is about or what effort is involved to make something like that. You cannot expect like they are magical wizards, they don't click their finger and it's perfect to your satisfaction. What on earth do you expect? Then go do it yourself! It takes a lot of specialized expertise to get that far.

Most of you would also not understand, the maker of these movies has a responsibility on some level to integrate certain occult esoteric things.

Such as this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCbaFHWgT28

Yeah,but the fact is that it's a bad mixture of new ideas and original characters.
So,your oppinion is to have something bad rather than have nothing?
No one here demands from you to dislike the movie,the whole point of the thread is to give your oppinion...Further more,if we are not allowed to be dissapointed by the movie,or give our oppinion in general,what is the whole point of the movie? Who should be the judge and the jury?

And,as far as I know,anyone can make a movie,as long as they direct in Hollywood...

Top Bottom