• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Your thoughts about the RE 5 puzzles

Mr Sunshine

No you didn't read wrong! :p Apart from the Doom like puzzles(find key open door) RE 5 features also ANOTHER puzzle! Yes, I'm talking about the one where you have to turn the mirrors. What do you think about it?

Wesker's_heir

The Heir of Albert Wesker
That was a puzzle? It took me like two minutes to get through that... As far as I'm concerned, there are no puzzles in RE5

Mr Sunshine

Yeah it was pretty easy!

I think they should add more puzzles to future REs. I don't see why not to. :confused:

Kellyrose

Wesker's_heir;74256 said:
That was a puzzle?

The one in re5 was way easy. I was a little disappointed, there needs to be more difficult puzzles ala resi 1. There is no thinking in the newest game, just mindless killing :mellow:

Hoady

I did that laser part today, Sheva didn't wanna come to me when i was getting mobbed by like 20 beetles.Only had a pistol and a rifle so i had to sprint to her and she killed them all for me lol.

But it wasn't really much of a puzzle honestly would've rather popped some tribalmen.Apart from that I hated pulling those rope statue things for like 20 minutes if you can call that a puzzle.

tequila

Bottle Lover
Ugh the one with the laser and mirrors was annoying. I died a few times before getting it right. It gave me a headache, especially since I was barely trying to get used to playing the xbox360 platform version. The other puzzles weren't that bad.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
My first couple of playthroughs the mirrors took me ages, particularly the last bit. I hated it. Now that I (generally) know what I'm doing, it's not that bad. I used to get SO frustrated though.

bigdog4215

Kellyrose;74306 said:
The one in re5 was way easy. I was a little disappointed, there needs to be more difficult puzzles ala resi 1. There is no thinking in the newest game, just mindless killing :mellow:

Resident Evil isn't what is used to be,thats for sure

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
bigdog4215;83117 said:
Resident Evil isn't what is used to be,thats for sure

Nothing is, and to the contrary, RE is more of what it used to be, than many others things are.:)

I found RE5's puzzles alright. They weren't realy obscure...but I didn't care too much for the one with the things you have to pull.

I did like the one with the mirrors and lights though.

leon83

This was one of the main gripes with resident evil 5 1.there was hardly any puzzles and 2. the ones that where there are too basic and very easy , with resident evil 4 they least had a couple that where kinda hard and made you think and i missed that in resi 5.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
FalleN;74247 said:
No you didn't read wrong! :p Apart from the Doom like puzzles(find key open door) RE 5 features also ANOTHER puzzle! Yes, I'm talking about the one where you have to turn the mirrors. What do you think about it?

first playthough i was like WTF, but then i got used to it, now atleast there are now slider puzzles or ones like in Silent Hill homecoming

hellgirl223

The mirror/lazers were confusing at first, but when you get through the game so many times, you know what to do already ^^

So its not very challenging, imo

sadistic_greyfox

There were puzzles in this game? Me and my other Die hard RE friend were SOO disappointed the first time we did the puzzles. I don't know if it was a lack of creativity or just trying to make the game more accessible to newcomers. At least it's a fun co-op game.

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
Well to be fair to RE5 the game was made for online co-op so they couldnt put any super-amazingly-long-difficult puzzles in there to satisfy online players.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking

Yes, people forget that RE5 did indeed have puzzles.:)

I loved it, except that once you walk in there, Sheva has to stand in the way and say stupid, obvious stuff that just holds me up, when I just want to turn the mirrors.

Of course she holds you up, since if you move the mirrors, it kills her.

@domino, good point.

@Sadistic Grey Fox...well when you look at their work in the game like that, an "I didn't even notice it", "I'm too much of a die hard RE fan to mess around with those pathetic non-puzzles", then why should they even try.

Top Bottom