• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Really enjoying Sonic Mania so far and from what I've played, I'm impressed. It's a little disappointing that they had to delve into the old quite frequently, with the amount of returning zones vastly outnumbering the brand new zones. Even the first act stages rip portions straight from the original games. However, what's new is simply fantastic. The act 2 stages of the returning zones make revisiting familiar locations like Chemical Plant and Oil Ocean feel completely brand new with the amount of creativity injected into them. New offerings like Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon are some of the strongest levels in the series, as are a lot of the new and unique boss fights, some of which are just insanely cool references to Sonic's forgotten past. Though, some bosses' weak spots can be a little hard to figure out at first, and with lives not exactly being easy to farm, you end up getting a game over before you've figured it out and have to start all the way from the beginning of the zone, which can be really annoying.

I'm also not a huge fan of the special stages which somehow control a lot worse than the half-pipe stages from Sonic 2. The blue sphere mini-game from Sonic 3 & Knuckles returns with a vengeance, but this time as a bonus stage with a ton more levels that you need to complete in order to unlock new modes and features, which I won't spoil, but are really cool. Overall though, I think it's an excellent game well worth its price tag, as it boasts more content than Sonic Generations, which had a very similar concept and sold for full retail price.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm playing Silent Hill 3, I've had such a urge to play it and only now got it out of storage.

Leonard is still my favourite name for a boss in a survival horror game.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Final Fantasy XV; trying to get the Seize the Moment trophy so I can have 100% platinum again, but with my reflexes it might take a while :(

Peep

Something Horrible
Good luck! Madhouse is ****ing fun! How are you fairing in it so far?
Sorry for the extremely late reply. I managed to beat Madhouse. The only problems I had were Marguerite and the last couple of Fat Molded before the boss.

I hated everything about that Marguerite fight. =.=

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've obviously been playing quite a bit of ORC lately. I forgot how much I enjoyed running around Raccoon City in a different setting.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Sorry for the extremely late reply. I managed to beat Madhouse. The only problems I had were Marguerite and the last couple of Fat Molded before the boss.

I hated everything about that Marguerite fight. =.=

Those were probably the two hardest parts as well. For the two fat molded in the end I loaded up with Grenade Launcher ammo all for that point. Initially I thought I could just run past them and up the ladder but I forgot about the trip mines and they move so fast shooting them all down with the pistol is actually harder than it seems. So I ended up having to kill them which wasn't fun >.< Running around in circles and in and out of the mine exit to kite and trap them.

Marguerite was just simply annoying. It wasn't necessarily hard but it was a bit harder for me since I was playing a ****ing curve screen TV so when she jumps down from the roof hitting her from an angle it took a little bit of luck in compensating for that. The bees are actually a legitimate threat on Madhouse unlike the other difficulty settings. You actually need to craft flamethrower ammo which was nice, but a little inconvenient when it came to bag space.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Those were probably the two hardest parts as well. For the two fat molded in the end I loaded up with Grenade Launcher ammo all for that point. Initially I thought I could just run past them and up the ladder but I forgot about the trip mines and they move so fast shooting them all down with the pistol is actually harder than it seems. So I ended up having to kill them which wasn't fun >.< Running around in circles and in and out of the mine exit to kite and trap them.

Marguerite was just simply annoying. It wasn't necessarily hard but it was a bit harder for me since I was playing a ****ing curve screen TV so when she jumps down from the roof hitting her from an angle it took a little bit of luck in compensating for that. The bees are actually a legitimate threat on Madhouse unlike the other difficulty settings. You actually need to craft flamethrower ammo which was nice, but a little inconvenient when it came to bag space.

I got kinda cheaterific on these parts heh.

With the two fat molded near the end, I shot the bombs that I was able to shoot from the tunnel that leads up to them, which only left 1 (I believe) that I had to shoot from inside the room. After they were all disposed of, I shot a neuro round between the 2 fat molded and they were stunned long enough for me to climb the ladder without having to fight them.

On the Marguerite fight I just used the handsaw and beat her pretty quickly. Only needed some shotgun ammo whenever she would jump away somewhere.

And personally I feel like the chainsaw Mia fight in the attic was the hardest part.

Airaku

Stray Jedi

With the two fat molded near the end, I shot the bombs that I was able to shoot from the tunnel that leads up to them, which only left 1 (I believe) that I had to shoot from inside the room. After they were all disposed of, I shot a neuro round between the 2 fat molded and they were stunned long enough for me to climb the ladder without having to fight them.

On the Marguerite fight I just used the handsaw and beat her pretty quickly. Only needed some shotgun ammo whenever she would jump away somewhere.

And personally I feel like the chainsaw Mia fight in the attic was the hardest part.

Mia is actually really easy if you know what you're doing. At first I thought it was the hardest part as well because you needed to hit every shot with a headshot and then whack her a couple times. After a couple of tries I realized that was the wrong way about doing it. You really just need the axe and you kite her and joust her. Run up to her whack her in the head diagonally and then run past her and she won't hit you. Doing it the way people recommend takes a bit of luck because sometimes you'll get trapped in a corner or a dead end in some occasions. A lot of the time you can get out but not always. It's much easier to joust her and you don't even need to get walls broken down. I didn't even know you could get one wall broken down to make a full loop. Really, hit and run tactics and she's so much easier.

Peep

Something Horrible

I managed to get past the fat molded by incapacitating them with a trip mine, and then shot a neuro round in between the two. I also used the ladder trip mine trick you did, lol. after I shot the neuro round I kinda just hauled ass and made it.

I honestly thought the Mia fight in the attic wasn't too bad. I only died twice, and then I managed to kill her with no problems. Borderlands 2 kinda taught me how to headshot like a boss, so I had that going for me. Other than that, I just went in circles between the two rooms because they loop. Or maybe it was just luck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The thing that I hated the most about the Marguerite fight was how I didn't know she regenerated health at first, so that is probably what caused the first 3 or 4 deaths. After that, I also had a lot of trouble with finding her when she's birthing the bee hive things. Something I noticed about that fight is that YOU have to hunt her down. Don't let her go to you because by then, there'll be bees everywhere, and she'll have all her health back.

So yeah, the Marguerite fight can go die. It literally caused me, like, 7 deaths to my end stats because I got tired of reseting and going back from my last save.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I managed to get past the fat molded by incapacitating them with a trip mine, and then shot a neuro round in between the two. I also used the ladder trip mine trick you did, lol. after I shot the neuro round I kinda just hauled ass and made it.

I honestly thought the Mia fight in the attic wasn't too bad. I only died twice, and then I managed to kill her with no problems. Borderlands 2 kinda taught me how to headshot like a boss, so I had that going for me. Other than that, I just went in circles between the two rooms because they loop. Or maybe it was just luck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The thing that I hated the most about the Marguerite fight was how I didn't know she regenerated health at first, so that is probably what caused the first 3 or 4 deaths. After that, I also had a lot of trouble with finding her when she's birthing the bee hive things. Something I noticed about that fight is that YOU have to hunt her down. Don't let her go to you because by then, there'll be bees everywhere, and she'll have all her health back.

So yeah, the Marguerite fight can go die. It literally caused me, like, 7 deaths to my end stats because I got tired of reseting and going back from my last save.

Wow I actually didn't know Marguerite could heal up. I just learned something new :p Well at least she doesn't take fire to well so that helps. Explains why the fight took a while to kill her though.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm playing Silent Hill 3, I've had such a urge to play it and only now got it out of storage.

Leonard is still my favourite name for a boss in a survival horror game.

Ah, yes, back when Konami actually gave a sh!t about gaming. That game was epic, almost on par with the classic Silent Hil 2.

I still can't get over how they royally f*cked both games up with the disastrous Silent Hill: HD Collection.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
When you finish REmake, you should move on to Zero next. :)
Still need to buy that off of PlayStation Store. I also have Code Veronica to play due to a friend being so kind as to provide me with a code for it. Never played those two, despite having both Remake and Zero for Gamecube, I believe. :)

And then Metroid. :)
No, thank you. :)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Ah, yes, back when Konami actually gave a sh!t about gaming. That game was epic, almost on par with the classic Silent Hil 2.

I still can't get over how they royally f*cked both games up with the disastrous Silent Hill: HD Collection.

Call me lucky or what, but I didn't encounter anything game breaking in HD Collection.
It was disappointing not having the Original Voices in 3, and the fog looked a bit off.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm going back and replaying Prototype. I had it for my PS3, at which time I got most of the trophies, though I decided a long time ago that I would never get a platinum on all of the events :( But it's still one of my all time favorite games, and I got it recently on the PS Store when the Biohazard Bundle was on sale. Anyway, I just now downloaded it since I've been having issues with space on my PS4. Such a good game. :)

Top Bottom