• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
Having another play through of The Last of Us, still can't believe (because I'm a generation behind) just how beautiful it looks and that it's running on a PS3.
Also, if Hollywood does a movie adaptation, Josh Brolin is the only actor I can think of who should play Joel.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Decided to get back to Fallout 4. Its been so long since i played it i totally forgot most of the stuff. XD

Roku

Just finished Resident Evil 0 (yeah, I'm late to the party).
I've some mixed feelings right now, but I like it (I really do).

I love Billy and Rebecca as main characters (they aren't my favorites, but I really like their interactions) and I loved the train part (the rest of the locations were kinda meh).
The story was nice, and so were some features.

HookerZombie

Just finished Resident Evil 0 (yeah, I'm late to the party).
I've some mixed feelings right now, but I like it (I really do).

I love Billy and Rebecca as main characters (they aren't my favorites, but I really like their interactions) and I loved the train part (the rest of the locations were kinda meh).
The story was nice, and so were some features.

I liked Billy and Rebecca's partnership too. It's like when she firsts meets Billy she's understandably unsure about trusting the guy because of the file Rebecca finds about his crime of murdering 23 people, but pretty soon in the game it becomes obvious that he's really a good man and was actually innocent of the crime. Then Rebecca chooses to do the moral thing and let him escape in the end despite the fact that as a police officer she should be arresting him. It was touching. :)

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
The summer sideshow event is happening atm on Killing Floor 2.

Good thing I don't have a fear of clowns xD

Roku

I liked Billy and Rebecca's partnership too. It's like when she firsts meets Billy she's understandably unsure about trusting the guy because of the file Rebecca finds about his crime of murdering 23 people, but pretty soon in the game it becomes obvious that he's really a good man and was actually innocent of the crime. Then Rebecca chooses to do the moral thing and let him escape in the end despite the fact that as a police officer she should be arresting him. It was touching. :)

Exactly! I loved it, the way she acted around him was realistic, and the moral conflict felt refreshing.
At the end of the game, their partnership? Dare I say: friendship? (Yes I do) felt meaningful.
It was so nice to see it change during the course of the game.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I just finished Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice yesterday and got the platinum :)

It's a masterpiece imho. Intriguing story and dialouge throughout the entire thing & amazing graphics. The atmosphere is fairly creepy too. Combat is simple but enjoyable. But I just wish it was a little bit longer. It was always planned to be a smaller game than usual though with that price tag.

Ninja Theory always make these amazing looking games. And the facial animations and voice acting etc. is always spot on.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
So... how was I represented? Should I even bother playing the game myself, or would it just make me run away screaming "blasphemy"?

HookerZombie

I'm playing Yakuza 4. My favorite part of the game is where you get to run your own hostess club. I love dressing my girls up and picking names for them. :)

Cheese Mchamfield

Da man with an Icy Gaze
Now ATM I'm playing DOOM 3 with the realistic weapons mod on Veteran difficulty (The retail version with the fan-made patch, not that horrible BFG Edition). I really like this game because it's like Aliens, Half-Life and System Shock had a baby with a Doom paintjob. My only real problem with the game is the pitiful weapons, which are remedied by said mod.
Currently I have encountered the Mancubus.
http://www.fpsteam.it/img2004/doom3/doom3_12.jpg

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just got back with my Collector's Edition of Sonic Mania yesterday for the Switch, been playing the hell out of it the last couple of days. Sega managed to give us the same classic Sonic we know and love while adding just enough new elements to the game without bastardizing it.

#2DSonicIsBack

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
-4Gdw0.gif

Turo602

The King of Kings
Really enjoying Sonic Mania so far and from what I've played, I'm impressed. It's a little disappointing that they had to delve into the old quite frequently, with the amount of returning zones vastly outnumbering the brand new zones. Even the first act stages rip portions straight from the original games. However, what's new is simply fantastic. The act 2 stages of the returning zones make revisiting familiar locations like Chemical Plant and Oil Ocean feel completely brand new with the amount of creativity injected into them. New offerings like Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon are some of the strongest levels in the series, as are a lot of the new and unique boss fights, some of which are just insanely cool references to Sonic's forgotten past. Though, some bosses' weak spots can be a little hard to figure out at first, and with lives not exactly being easy to farm, you end up getting a game over before you've figured it out and have to start all the way from the beginning of the zone, which can be really annoying.

I'm also not a huge fan of the special stages which somehow control a lot worse than the half-pipe stages from Sonic 2. The blue sphere mini-game from Sonic 3 & Knuckles returns with a vengeance, but this time as a bonus stage with a ton more levels that you need to complete in order to unlock new modes and features, which I won't spoil, but are really cool. Overall though, I think it's an excellent game well worth its price tag, as it boasts more content than Sonic Generations, which had a very similar concept and sold for full retail price.

Top Bottom