• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's everybody playing?

HookerZombie

I finally got to download Deadly Premonition and Silent Hill. I've never actually beat the first Silent Hill even though I've beaten Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Yeah, I missed out on OG Silent Hill. I've beaten ****tered Memories and I've seen playthroughs of it, but I have yet to play it myself, since it's so expensive these days.

My best bet might be a download of the PC version.

BioLence

I'm currently playing this in REmake, i've being doing it for a while actually it's pretty dam hard.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I've never actually beat the first Silent Hill even though I've beaten Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4.
I've watched playthroughs of all of the main games and I love the story, but I've only played the beginning of the first game and a demo of the fourth, and I might start playing 1 again. Do you recommend actually playing the other games too if I can get them?

KevinStriker

I've watched playthroughs of all of the main games and I love the story, but I've only played the beginning of the first game and a demo of the fourth, and I might start playing 1 again. Do you recommend actually playing the other games too if I can get them?

Oh, totally. Silent Hill 2 and 3 are widely considered the two best of the series, and while the other games get a lot of hate, I think Homecoming and Downpour have their moments.

I used to think highly of ****tered Memories, but now I can't say I really like it much. Gameplay wasn't engaging for me the second time around and that is key.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Oh, totally. Silent Hill 2 and 3 are widely considered the two best of the series, and while the other games get a lot of hate, I think Homecoming and Downpour have their moments.

I used to think highly of ****tered Memories, but now I can't say I really like it much. Gameplay wasn't engaging for me the second time around and that is key.
Cool, I'll try to get them, then.

I can get used to gameplay pretty quickly, what I hate about ****tered Memories is the way they changed the characters' personalities and designs. What they did to them is horrid.

HookerZombie

Yeah like KevinStriker said the other games are really great. My personal favorite is the third one because it's a direct sequel to the first game and it's the only game in the series where the main playable character is a female.

Word of warning though don't get the Silent Hill HD Collection for PS3 and Xbox 360 because Konami really butchered those up by changing the voice acting and censorship among other issues. If you can find the original games or maybe download them on the PC.

HookerZombie

I'm currently playing Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut Ultimate Edition. Very weird game but kind of cool and I like that it's a very open-world horror game. One thing that I dislike is that the main character York smokes so much. I know it sounds silly but I don't like it when the main playable characters smoke because I'm a non-smoker myself. But the game itself seems cool enough.

Reactions: JHJ

Turo602

The King of Kings
Been playing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze very casually lately. Still very fun but the challenge has kind of put me off of it for a bit, especially since I've been trying to find every secret passage to get to the hidden stages and get every KONG letter to unlock all the secret stages. It's a very high stress game, so I've been taking it slow.

Also started my professional run of Resident Evil 4 on the Xbox One which I'm also casually playing through until the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy comes out in a few days.

KevinStriker

Getting back into Wario Land a bit. Finished up Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (with the best ending) and I might boot up Shake It! again.

HookerZombie

As soon as I can get an extra $20 my next step is to download Resident Evil 4 on my PS3. It'll be worth it to play as my girl Ada Wong in Separate Ways again. B)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Played and Platinumed Day of the Tentacle a few days ago. A fantastic game from my childhood :3 Finally finished Mass Effect: Andromeda and mopping up the plat and Crash N Sane Trilogy tomorrow!! WOOHOO! (Well after I plat Andromeda ughhh!)

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Just started the Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy and it's awesome :D

Some of the levels in Crash 1 are a bit trickier than I remember. Like Native Fortress for example, damn I got stuck on that level for a bit. The last part of the level pretty much requires perfect timing. So getting all the gems is gonna be a challenge, which is a good thing actually.

But I love the Crash games man. Brings back good memories from the ps1 days :)

Ashi

Mainly playing Overwatch at the moment, but I want to try and get Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy this weekend. Really excited to play it.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I got really sucked into the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 port for Xbox One recently and got all the endings in Arcade Mode before getting Crash Bandicoot. Of the original Crash games, I've only ever played the third one so it's nice being able to play the first 2 for the first time. So far, I've been playing the first one and my sister and I kind of dabbled with the third since that's the one we remember.

I'm not feeling the first one too much right now. It feels very basic and a little too slow for me. I guess I'm spoiled by having only played Warped which had more moves than just jumping and spinning. It's just gonna take some getting used to but it has been feeling rather challenging. Especially with the perspective not exactly being the best sometimes.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I platinumed Uncharted 4 last night, so I decided to start something entirely new: Life Is Strange. I've just finished the first episode and so far I'm really enjoying it. I really like the music in the game as well.

Top Bottom