• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What would you rate Resident Evil 6 out of 10?

ChaoticMeltdown

8.5/10 I would like to give it a solid 9 but Jake and his story really bother me. I can't stand Jake, I hate Troy Baker with a flaming passion and the only reason he doesn't lower the score even more is because Sherry was in that same Campaign. I was overly excited to see her back and she's as lovely as ever. Oh and the "special ending" of Jake didn't really get me pumped at all it actually made me fear for the next RE game. I'd be happy to never see Jake again.

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
I'd say 9/10 (the awkward, forced camera angles made it lose a point). I actually really liked Jake, but I also like Troy Baker. I can understand why someone wouldn't like him, though. The character has definitely been done before and I'd like to see him grow and mature in future installments. I really enjoyed his interactions with Sherry.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
I'd give it a 6. The gameplay feels more like cod or halo to me....:actually it felt exactly like mass effect 3 to be honest. Certainly not what I expect from a Resident Evil game. I'll take the old school horror feel over action any day. I'm giving it a 6 because I did at least enjoy the new characters and character development of some of the old familiar faces. Sherry for example has grown into a lovely, ambitious woman and I dislike leon slightly less now *hides from Leon's fangirls* . I think Chris can still be saved if they work at it and Jake just needs a little fine tuning or maturing is maybe the word I'm looking for. All in all I finished the game but wasn't excited about playing it like I was with all the others.
maybe you right in some littile point but i still think its good i rate it 9/10

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Infinity. Every canon RE game is amazing.

8.5/10 I would like to give it a solid 9 but Jake and his story really bother me. I can't stand Jake, I hate Troy Baker with a flaming passion and the only reason he doesn't lower the score even more is because Sherry was in that same Campaign. I was overly excited to see her back and she's as lovely as ever. Oh and the "special ending" of Jake didn't really get me pumped at all it actually made me fear for the next RE game. I'd be happy to never see Jake again.

Yooouuu did nooottt jjuuussstt insulllttt mmyyy Trooyyy. Why do you hate him? He's one of my favourite people ever!!

GreavesyX

I love this game. Clocked up 215 hours in total. Completed everything on all difficulties. Man, Chris Chapter 5 on No Hope was a pain.

9/10

Last edited:

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I give it a solid 8.5. I have nearly 400 hours in it, and still often get the urge to play it. And urge I happen to have been fighting hard these last couple weeks. xD

Bilbo

I've always wanted to write up my own review on RE6. The game is heavily laden with issues, but it also sees some moments of brilliance that capture the heart of resident evil. Although I think a lot of those better moments were just thrown in there as a novelty for true fans (Adas puzzle focused first 2 chapters.) The variety in gameplay in RE6 was impressive. It pretty much had it all from big battles to stealthy combat to puzzles to vehicle sequences(which were horse****.) Somehow, though, the whole experience didn't feel cohesive. The gameplay, regardless of its diversity, felt rather shallow as if capcom wanted to cram as much content in as possible so they half assed a lot of the sequences and sections in the game. Once again, there were plenty of memorable moments which were clearly homages to the series early days. Hunting down the invisible snake was awesome and tense. Leons whole second chapter in the church and laboratory felt like a true RE game. Jakes second chapter exploring the snowy mountains and sneaking past Ustanak in the ice caves was very well done as well. The big problem is, there are too many bull**** set piece events that disrupt these great moments. and then before you know it the chapter is over and the experience you were really enjoying and let sink in had to end with a BULL**** vehicle or QT event. A good example is the running away from the avalanche in jakes second chapter. I would have much more enjoyed walking by foot and exploring the mountains more until i eventually made my way into the caves with ustanak. I'm not going to spend too much time on this but, seriously, the vehicle sections were SO cheap. they werent even well done for what they were trying to be. I want to slap whoever was in charge of making these sequences in the face and shake them by the shoulders and yell "WTF WERE YOU THINKING!!!"
I'm not one of those RE fans thats desperate for a return to only taking place in eerie corridors and shooting zombies. I understand that the scale of events in the RE universe are much bigger than they were when they only were taking place in Raccoon City so it only makes sense that RE6s story was what it was, set pieces and all. Its the fact that the quality of gameplay has degraded with each new numbered entry since 4(not counting the Rev games). 4 is a great example of a game where, even though its style was a huge change from the other games in the series, the quality was remarkable. The scale of Leons adventure in RE4 felt huge and undisrupted. Even though people consider 4 an action game, I highly disagree. Its still horror. Consider the setting, music, and creatures you're fighting and it's still very much a horror game. Maybe not like RE1 was, but still, you get my point. After 4 came 5. I truly feel like 5 was the real shift from horror to action, and thats ok, except the game, which should of capitalized on what re4 was seemed a little lackluster and much shorter than it should have been. The treasure system was also dumbed down. Then with RE6 the gameplay felt almost secondary to the story and cut scenes, which by the way I thought were brilliantly done and had some of the best voice acting in a game ever. BUT, I want to play a game, not watch a movie. I'll stop there or else I'll go on forever.

7/10

Agent Spike

I never played it so I shouldn't judge it but I did watch multiple videos and nothing grabbed my attention.

5.5/10?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Don't get me wrong, this game is most certainly my absolute least favourite of the main titles... but I don't get why people could rank it anywhere from 0-2 or even 3. I would only give a 1-2 if the game had so many glitches it couldn't be played, or if the premise was completely horrendous like this. I would at least acknowledge the effort of those involved in making it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Even though people consider 4 an action game, I highly disagree. Its still horror. Consider the setting, music, and creatures you're fighting and it's still very much a horror game.
Well yeah Devil may cry 1 also has horror setting,music&creatures.. does that mean its a horror game as well? no its an action game with horror elements same with RE4.
5 was the real shift from horror to action
Why exactly? Re5 has the same gameplay.

Bilbo

Well yeah Devil may cry 1 also has horror setting,music&creatures.. does that mean its a horror game as well? no its an action game with horror elements same with RE4.
Why exactly? Re5 has the same gameplay.

Maybe calling it an action game with horror elements is more appropriate. And yes RE4 and 5 do have the same gameplay, but RE5 has that extra bit of "hollywood" in it. More explosions, the car chase scene, etc etc.. Also, it doesnt have a single moment that feels creepy or unsettling to me. Maybe because most of the game takes place in broad daylight, maybe because the music doesn't give me chills like the music from 4 does. Basically the overall atmosphere of 4 just feels more like a horror game to me. A few specific examples are the section where you return to the village at night, returning to the central hall in the castle while the hooded dudes are chanting a ritual with very haunting music playing over it, and the regenerators in the murky prison cell room towards the end of the game. Aside from MAYBE your first encounter with lickers, I can't think of a single moment from RE5 that evokes horror. Hell, RE6 has more horror-esque sections than 5 does!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium
What would you rate Resident Evil, 6 out of 10? The comma makes all the difference here lol

Anyway, I'd give Resident Evil 6 a 7.5/10.

Top Bottom