• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What would you rate Resident Evil 6 out of 10?

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
This game deserves a solid 4/5

cons
Overly strong bosses. check
Zombies with guns. check ..*sigh*
nomansland
3rd Person, Run and Gun, Duck and Dive System. :S
(Yay 3rd person, wait, mmkay, this is weird but its gonna have to do)
pros
Co-Operative Modes.
Snazzy Merc Mode Costumes.
(that I'll never unlock because I suck at Mercs mode.)
Headshots. check.

Story coulda been better, as I always seem to say about a lot of games.
I should probably just get the Novels or something. Probably.

This game deserves a solid 4/5

cons
Overly strong bosses. check
Zombies with guns. check ..*sigh*
nomansland
3rd Person, Run and Gun, Duck and Dive System. :S
(Yay 3rd person, wait, mmkay, this is weird but its gonna have to do)
pros
Co-Operative Modes.
Snazzy Merc Mode Costumes.
(that I'll never unlock because I suck at Mercs mode.)
Headshots. check.

Story coulda been better, as I always seem to say about a lot of games.
I should probably just get the Novels or something. Probably.
When you wrote 4/5 I thougt you meant four out of five haha!

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
When you wrote 4/5 I thougt you meant four out of five haha!
I did rate it 4 out of 5, dude why is that funny? lol
It's still a good game despite all it's downfalls. Good Graphics, joint story lines.. Considering the genre switch from Survival Horror to Action Survival Horror they still did a good job.

There are loads of things I dislike about it, but it still deserves a decent score. I've not been here for awhile so I may have posted something completely different about the game in the past. I played through this game with a broken hand I think. That sucked. lol.

If you think 4 out of 5 is to good, I can sway and give it a 3/5 because the things I dislike about the game outweigh the good. If you wanted a total honest game review. But it's still RE6. I was never that good at it which is why I disliked it.

edit**
Ah yes.. out of 5.. It should be out of 10 but I'm a rebel like that.

Last edited:

black 93

Id probably give it a 7. Its certainly not the best RE game, but it isnt anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be either. Theres enough variation across the campaigns to keep you busy, the controls are the most fluid ever to be in the series, the co ops still fun (though a bit more limited than 5 since you cant share items) and mercenaries is still great. My biggest gripe with this game is how scripted it is. Cutscenes were creeping toward metal gear solid exremes, and sometimes the game forces you to stare at something in the middle of a chase or a firefight. Busy fighting javos? sorry that monster over there is huge and you ARE gunna look at it.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Out of 10, I'd be a 6.5.

It didn't look as good or polished as it's predecessors. The overabundance of story lines gave us 4 partial stories that weren't nearly as good as a SOLID storyline like most of the rest of the series. The game shined in game play and was certainly a very fun game to play - BUT a lot of the scenarios were copies of other popular games of the time period. Leon's campaign took a lot of enemy styles and schematics from the Left For Dead series. Chris' campaign was a junior version of a Call Of Duty game. Jake's campaign was the most unique, but also had the most comic/arcade elements that made the game more fun, but less survival horror.

It was an okay game, but it was definitely not the Survival Horror experience we were all promised over and over from the marketing campaign.

Capcom is having a hell of a time trying to make a game that mimics modern Triple A titles - Operation Raccoon City, Mercs 3D, the upoming shooter game. They're not being themselves and it's sapping away the life of the franchise. Luckily the Revelations series has been a moe in the right direction.

Resident Evil 6 is epic! Its the most action packed Resident Evil in the franchise and for that it holds its place. I feel bad it gets a bad rap. I cant understand that! You got the most playable characters! You gotta love it for what it is rather than what its not. I can always go back and play the originals and love em just the same. Its a difference experience and enjoyment. Each Resi has their own feel.
And the fact that Sherry Birkin is in 6 is amazing! All 4 campaigns deliver. Ustanak reminds me of Nemesis chasing you. And Jake Wesker is cool. In fact... I had this amazing idea of lets say, Resident Evil Revelations 3. It would have Jake Wesker as the main character, and the combat would be like no other Resident Evil to date, it would be almost like Ninja Gaiden combat. Now Im jujst talking bout one game of sick fast melee combat. Not all games, but since Resident Evil 4, melee has been a big part of the series. and it keeps growing and growing. That's just one idea I had. And hey, Im psyched as all hell for Resident Evil 7, and I know that is gonna be like no other, That's one reason Im super psyched. I cant wait for the story line and see whose in it. Im thinking to follow Natalya, or Alex Wesker. And whats up with that trailer, the shot of someone in the wheelchair, Ozwell Spencer maybe? Man I cant wait.

Knîght Artorîas

The Abyss Walker
Not too bad but not too good either. I was genuinely disappointed by how the game turned out but in the end, I still enjoyed it. I'd give it a 5.5/10

PEACE YO.

Resident Evil 6 is epic! Its the most action packed Resident Evil in the franchise and for that it holds its place. I feel bad it gets a bad rap. I cant understand that! You got the most playable characters! You gotta love it for what it is rather than what its not. I can always go back and play the originals and love em just the same. Its a difference experience and enjoyment. Each Resi has their own feel.
And the fact that Sherry Birkin is in 6 is amazing! All 4 campaigns deliver. Ustanak reminds me of Nemesis chasing you. And Jake Wesker is cool. In fact... I had this amazing idea of lets say, Resident Evil Revelations 3. It would have Jake Wesker as the main character, and the combat would be like no other Resident Evil to date, it would be almost like Ninja Gaiden combat. Now Im jujst talking bout one game of sick fast melee combat. Not all games, but since Resident Evil 4, melee has been a big part of the series. and it keeps growing and growing. That's just one idea I had. And hey, Im psyched as all hell for Resident Evil 7, and I know that is gonna be like no other, That's one reason Im super psyched. I cant wait for the story line and see whose in it. Im thinking to follow Natalya, or Alex Wesker. And whats up with that trailer, the shot of someone in the wheelchair, Ozwell Spencer maybe? Man I cant wait.
The problem is that even for being an action game it's not that good.

D

Deleted member 21244

I played every single resident evil game, and I liked every one of them even resident evil 6 but lets be honest this game is bad...
This is not only a bad re game but a bad action game and 1000 step backward from Re 4 and 5
It's so bad that it cannot even be compared whit game like gears of War or resident evil 4 and 5 who ironically were this game predecessor

The story is stupid
The gameplay is robotic and the camera is bad
The graphic is good but sometimes level look unifished and texture are poor
Character are stupid
Really is this path were resident evil was going? A ****ty action game whit Michael Bay explosion and action?

I will give resident evil 6 a 6 out of 10 only because I like the series and the character design and the online componentand I appreciate what Capcom was trying to do but onestly I should have give this game a 3 out of 10, fortunately they change direction and whit resident evil 7 and now resident evil is back

https://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-6-235326.phtml
This review get evrithing i think of this game, probably the most honest review of this game and the most accurated one

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
That Destructoid review is BRUTAL. But super accurate and honest.

I don't necessarily agree that the game should deserve a 3, but the complaints raised in that article are super legitimate.

Fortunately, RE7 and RE2 REmake have shown us that there is a brighter future for the series.

D

Deleted member 21244

I don't necessarily agree that the game should deserve a 3, but the complaints raised in that article are super legitimate.

Fortunately, RE7 and RE2 REmake have shown us that there is a brighter future for the series.
Maybe not a 3 but a 5 or something like this, I don't think it's a sufficent game after all, If it wasnt for the fact that leon and Chris are in there I would have probably never played a game like that... I just played it because I love resident evil and I was super hyped when the trailer came out

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I played every single resident evil game, and I liked every one of them even resident evil 6 but lets be honest this game is bad...
This is not only a bad re game but a bad action game and 1000 step backward from Re 4 and 5
It's so bad that it cannot even be compared whit game like gears of War or resident evil 4 and 5 who ironically were this game predecessor

The story is stupid
The gameplay is robotic and the camera is bad
The graphic is good but sometimes level look unifished and texture are poor
Character are stupid
Really is this path were resident evil was going? A ****ty action game whit Michael Bay explosion and action?

I will give resident evil 6 a 6 out of 10 only because I like the series and the character design and the online componentand I appreciate what Capcom was trying to do but onestly I should have give this game a 3 out of 10, fortunately they change direction and whit resident evil 7 and now resident evil is back

https://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-6-235326.phtml
This review get evrithing i think of this game, probably the most honest review of this game and the most accurated one

I was with you both wholeheartedly.... until you said Resident Evil is back with RE7.

In my opinion, there is barely anything in RE7 that makes me think Resident Evil is back. Yes, it's loosely the same genre and a return to horror is a good thing. But that's about it. There's no connection to the previous entries in the series (though I think there's one of the standard references to Raccoon City in there that apparently shows how connected each game is to the overall series... yawn), but aside from that, there's barely anything that connects to the main series identity for me.

I'm not saying RE7 was totally worthless. I liked the tense atmosphere and a return to a more horror-focused feel. However, to me, it was a sub-par first-person horror game that barely connects to the series at all, that after the first half is extremely dull and linear, and has a story that is pretty much a copy of the movie The Ring.

Yes, Capcom lost their way slightly with RE6 and tried to do too much. But in fixing one thing (the return to horror), they broke several more - namely, the lack of connected story and characters (and please, do NOT mention 'Redfield' :rolleyes:), a change in perspective, and focusing on a totally irrelevant, unconnected household after seeing bioterrorism on a global scale. Yes, they needed to scale things back, but not to a single house in Louisiana.

Though, I do agree that RE2 was a definite highlight. It's the best that Resident Evil has been in years and shows that it's still possible to make a decent RE game. It reignited my hope, though I'm concerned I'll be disappointed again with the next instalment.

Last edited:

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
7.5 out of 10 true i didn't like the gameplay much but if they worked little more on it i would rate more also the levels design too

D

Deleted member 21244

I was with you both wholeheartedly.... until you said Resident Evil is back with RE7.

In my opinion, there is barely anything in RE7 that makes me think Resident Evil is back. Yes, it's loosely the same genre and a return to horror is a good thing. But that's about it. There's no connection to the previous entries in the series (though I think there's one of the standard references to Raccoon City in there that apparently shows how connected each game is to the overall series... yawn), but aside from that, there's barely anything that connects to the main series identity for me.

I'm not saying RE7 was totally worthless. I liked the tense atmosphere and a return to a more horror-focused feel. However, to me, it was a sub-par first-person horror game that barely connects to the series at all, that after the first half is extremely dull and linear, and has a story that is pretty much a copy of the movie The Ring.

Yes, Capcom lost their way slightly with RE6 and tried to do too much. But in fixing one thing (the return to horror), they broke several more - namely, the lack of connected story and characters (and please, do NOT mention 'Redfield' :rolleyes:), a change in perspective, and focusing on a totally irrelevant, unconnected household after seeing bioterrorism on a global scale. Yes, they needed to scale things back, but not to a single house in Louisiana.

Though, I do agree that RE2 was a definite highlight. It's the best that Resident Evil has been in years and shows that it's still possible to make a decent RE game. It reignited my hope, though I'm concerned I'll be disappointed again with the next instalment.
In my opinion re 7 is a better game than re 2 remake...
Don't get me wrong I love re 2 remake, the gameplay ecc but it's an incomplete game, it's not a real remake of re 2 since entire piece of story are missing from the game and the second run is a joke...
At least resident evil 7 story was more enjoyable and compact while Re 2 remake felt unfinished

Resident evil 7 is a good re game for me, there are still connection to the series but the only difference is that you se the event from a point of view of a new character ethan...
Also yeah redfield and not a hero connected the game to the series, why should I not mention him? Redfield a main protagonist is in the game so how in the hell can you say it's not connected to the series? ..
Also the organization and hcf and wesker are mentioned, the bsaa is mentioned, umbrella is mentioned so does raccon city incident and revelation, so it's connected...
If it wasn't for leon and ada resident evil 4 would have been worse in term of connection whit past game, just to let you understand that resident evil 7 is not the first game that look like the plot is not connected... Also re 2 remake is not connected as it should have been to the series since it does not connect to resident evil 1 properly like the original one, the John and ada story is ommited the whole intro who connect resident evil 1 to resident evil 2 is ommited, the t virus is never mentioned, the mansion incident is never mentioned and many other things....

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I agree that RE7 is a little too far removed from the main series. But I think it is in the top 10 RE games of all time. I love the nods to modern and classic horror films. It has some of the best bosses in the RE series. And the first two acts are so intense, it literally had me shaking while playing. I can concede a lot about the game. People don't love Ethan because he is a nobody. He is a Silent Hill protagonist. Just a kind of normal dude in bad circumstances with a hidden past (although his hidden past is actually Mia's hidden past).

RE2 REmake is where they have really shone. And while the game has its mistakes too, it is currently sitting as my GOTY.

Top Bottom