• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What would you rate Resident Evil 6 out of 10?

willowsby

yeah Willowsby the story was good and all but there were still a lot of back story that was unaddressed, ex: ada/Leon, why Simmons took over with his family after Wesker's parish....and why chris is still fighting after he said he would retire. makes no sense to kill Piers because he could of picked up where Chris left off, and he was a well respected man..Perfect for the continuous mayhem of resident evil. I know they tried to do it for a twist but come on! it was a bad turn out. And there were no Wesker files about his relationship or lack there of and nothing on jake's mother, I would of liked to have read a file about Wesker's past relations and sex life with women...interesting and if he knew about Jake at all. :( I do think that the south America back story on jake was cool and the scar on his face was most likely from the knife fight. bet ya didnt think of that ha! ;) and i do feel that they tried to leave a little mystery between jake and sherry's attractions and interactions. I feel like they want to continue on with them for the series so they want you to guess a lil. Jerry will definitely not be a one time character. And they will eventfully have a kid that will kick ass and have immortal blood!

I hope they stop making hero who have supernatural ability or super human power, because the meaning of Resident Evil itself is humans always can win even in the worst situation.

I don't mind Jake & Sherry come back for the future as long as their involvement relevant with the story, not just because they are cool characters or base on popularity only

Reactions: svp

USS-Vector

8/10. great game especially the story. But the vision quality needs improvement since it didn't bring me a big surprise as re5 did

svp

I hope they stop making hero who have supernatural ability or super human power, because the meaning of Resident Evil itself is humans always can win even in the worst situation.

I don't mind Jake & Sherry come back for the future as long as their involvement relevant with the story, not just because they are cool characters or base on popularity only
yes I do agree with what you said about characters with super powers...I have a funny feeling that is what Capcom is going to do with the series unfortunately. The game is becoming more and more futuristic and irrational. I hope they grow tired of the explosions and linear and make a "normal" and realistic game. I know the whole bio weapon theme is far fetched and its suppose to be but come on! at least the zombies were more practice to real life. lol don't they want the fans to feel like they can relate to the characters? instead they put them in death defying situations that even immortals cant survive.

USS-Vector

yeah girls, I really did like the game at some moments too, im not totally going to shun it for being kind of a cheap thrill. The part with jake and sherry in the lockers was adorkable, I didn't take Jake as being that modest ...and Sherry in that scene WoW!!...ok moving on, I did like Helena as well I don't get the hate or why they are comparing her to Claire, she is not Claire!! and she doesn't look like a man lol I thought Helena Jake and Sherry had the most dramatic and emotional scenes. But I did feel that Leon's involvement was swept aside with Helena's story as the main priority. I wanted to see more Leon Ada screen time. over all my favorite campaign for the story value was Jake and Sherry because I wanted to learn more about their past and involvement in the series. though I didnt like the whole Simmons thing, he was cliche in my opinion and was no match compared to Wesker. If I had it my way I would have had Wesker survive the lava and find jake and tell him he is his father...just like Star Wars lmao :D that would of been perfect, Jake would have to choose sides. I also would of liked the ustanak to be Sherry's dad. mind = blown. I did like Piers and Chris's story too, but Chris's ending was kinda weak..it shoulda been him that died instead so Piers could carry on with the series. I almost cried at the end. as for the game play I don't care, Im all about the story, though I do miss the survival horror feel. It felt like a very amped up version of a Micheal Bay film the whole game, no breaks at all! they have to stop with the whole Hollywood crap, just like the RE movies ughh :(
I have the same feeling of you! The scene in lockers just shocked me, holy crap this paring is so cute! And I dropped tears in the ending of Chris but I don't think Piers was really dead and may be we will meet him in RE7/8 just like Wesker. And I have to say I can't believe Sherry is 26, she seems like a 16 years old girl. And I think the funniest thing is that she's mission is to protect jake but jake saved her several times. A rookie agent:D

svp

yeah he is a lot younger then her but they are still a good pairing, he does look old for his 20 yrs...cool hes the same age as me, finally capcom is creating a character my age :D I think the locker cut scene was the best and most avant garde clip of the whole series.

USS-Vector

yeah he is a lot younger then her but they are still a good pairing, he does look old for his 20 yrs...cool hes the same age as me, finally capcom is creating a character my age :D I think the locker cut scene was the best and most avant garde clip of the whole series.
yeah and that is one of the reasons why this game is pegi-18 I think

David B

I've only just played it recently, and I give it a 4/10. I want to like it, but I just can't... there's just way too much wrong with it.

The story is beyond contrived and just a chain of nonsensical action scenes. Many events make no sense to me as to how or why they happened. It feels like they tried to go global for this epic feel, but made it so stupid in the process that you can't suspend disbelief. A gas that instantly zombifies people, but our characters are running through it almost continuously is ugh. Blind siding avalanches. A Nemesis that is trying to dismember you in the start, but when it gets it's foot on you, is happy to have you walked away to be a captive for whatever reason... None of it makes any sense.

The intertwining scenarios is a good idea, but I really wish they would return to one character rather than this buddy system they seem to be pushing these days. It thinned the story way too much having to tell backstory of all these new characters, + the main plotline, + continuing the characters we already know. Quite often I felt like I was just running through tunnels, with no idea wtf was going on or why.

Maybe it's because I played solo, but the gameplay felt weak. I can imagine that if you are playing with a human partner it's a lot more fun, as quite a few of the scenes seem very well crafted for two human players to work together in. But solo, you just end up being victimised. Getting chain knocked down by bullets and snipers is beyond infuriating at times.
This was especially prevalent in scenarios with machine gunners or helicopters. Where one person should be distracting while the other shoots, it became almost impossible playing solo when the things were aiming at you for over 90% of the time.
The punch to the chest to revive you is also lame as hell, and when it does work, being stuck in half death without any herbs and not being able to utilise your melee attacks made me wish I was just dead and could restart.

General combat was a bit meh. The moving laser reticule was more annoying than challenging. And quite often I found myself going into 'cover mode' behind a wall without wanting to and not being able to come out of it. This system seemed completely pointless, especially since most of the enemies just run straight up to you anyway.

Some of the boss fights felt weak and unpolished, like the helicopter with Jake/Sherry. I had to sit and wait for Chris and co. to shoot it down because the game didn't provide me enough explosive ammo to help. Then there were bosses like Helena's mutant sister, which felt like I didn't even need to be there. Before I could get a shot off, the thing had already moved on to its next phase.

They tried really hard to give horrific deathscenes, but most just went on for way too long, like the leech man impregnation.

The item system was clunky and awkward. Throwing grenades is crazy annoying. And having to put herbs in the pill pot to chug was a pain in the ass, especailly when the game doesn't let up for a second to allow you to sort your bags. There's also not enough space later on in the game. It's great that you can carry every gun, but when you can't pick up the damn ammo because you've barely got enough room for one stack for each weapon on top of all those useless grenades...

Didn't like the QTE's. Admittedly, I was playing it on professional from the outset, but many of them seemed pointless and required knowledge that they were coming to have a realistic chance to hit them. Especially when they wanted precision timing. I also hate anything that wants you to twist the joystick... it's just not necessary and it doesn't make you 'feel' like you're really turning the handle.

Which brings me to the controversial cutscenes. Now, I don't mind cutscenes, I actually like them. Give a piece of believable action that introduces the big bad guy or his wave of minions... that's great. But the amount of ingame cutaways to inform you of a new event, an extra one guy falling in through a vent, a door timer, or just the bloody shutters on the windows closing, all the while enemies are still in the room is beyond ludicrous. Worse still, the bad guys don't appear to stop moving like the players do during these events. The amount of times the game cut away for a pointless piece of scenery, only to return my control with the thing I was aiming at standing right next to me and instantly pouncing is just...

To give some positives to show I'm not completely a negative nelly. I was very impressed with the range of enemies. Were it not for the guns, the evolving Ja'vo were fantastic. So many great insect variations. The super coccoon monsters were also legitimately frightening and a good difficulty level up from their minion counterparts. There were also a number of puzzle gems thrown in there--notably the one to work out the cell numbers in Leon's campaign.

So yea, that's my review. From a solo playing experience, the bad just far outweighs the good. I don't personally mind the more action based direction the series is taking, but if they really want to push the partner system, then start designing the games as online play only, because the AI will never be good enough to give a solo player a satisfying experience. I think I spent more time in this game being incapacitated than I did shooting mutants.

Last edited:

bruno

Chief Researcher
I'd give it a 5/10... The game is fun, but gets boring after a while. The story is horrible... what saves the game is Chris, Piers and Ada.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
My Personal score is a 4/10 and one of my worst games this year. Call me a hater all you want, see if I care. This is my opinion.

Edit: I'll admit a Pro :p There was one thing to enjoy out of Ada's campaign:
re6_ada___dat_ass_by_p0undcake-d5jbrm2.png
That ass tho

Dearheart Captive

Power is life
I'd give it a 6. The gameplay feels more like cod or halo to me....:actually it felt exactly like mass effect 3 to be honest. Certainly not what I expect from a Resident Evil game. I'll take the old school horror feel over action any day. I'm giving it a 6 because I did at least enjoy the new characters and character development of some of the old familiar faces. Sherry for example has grown into a lovely, ambitious woman and I dislike leon slightly less now *hides from Leon's fangirls* . I think Chris can still be saved if they work at it and Jake just needs a little fine tuning or maturing is maybe the word I'm looking for. All in all I finished the game but wasn't excited about playing it like I was with all the others.

Top Bottom