• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 What would you rate Resident Evil 6 out of 10?

Turo602

The King of Kings
In my opinion re 7 is a better game than re 2 remake...
Don't get me wrong I love re 2 remake, the gameplay ecc but it's an incomplete game, it's not a real remake of re 2 since entire piece of story are missing from the game and the second run is a joke...
At least resident evil 7 story was more enjoyable and compact while Re 2 remake felt unfinished

Resident evil 7 is a good re game for me, there are still connection to the series but the only difference is that you se the event from a point of view of a new character ethan...
Also yeah redfield and not a hero connected the game to the series, why should I not mention him? Redfield a main protagonist is in the game so how in the hell can you say it's not connected to the series? ..
Also the organization and hcf and wesker are mentioned, the bsaa is mentioned, umbrella is mentioned so does raccon city incident and revelation, so it's connected...
If it wasn't for leon and ada resident evil 4 would have been worse in term of connection whit past game, just to let you understand that resident evil 7 is not the first game that look like the plot is not connected... Also re 2 remake is not connected as it should have been to the series since it does not connect to resident evil 1 properly like the original one, the John and ada story is ommited the whole intro who connect resident evil 1 to resident evil 2 is ommited, the t virus is never mentioned, the mansion incident is never mentioned and many other things....

Resident Evil 2 may be lacking as a REmake, but it is far better than RE7 in every single way and still offers a fuller experience. RE7 didn't even look or play like a Resident Evil game and didn't even concern itself with the rest of the series. The game was only partially designed like a classic Resident Evil game and even then, it was done in a much more linear fashion. It can honestly be passed off as an indie game that was inspired by Resident Evil and someone's favorite horror movies than an actual sequel to Resident Evil. Its connections to the rest of the series are nonexistent up until the end through a file and "Redfield." That hardly makes you feel like you're playing a Resident Evil game, and Redfield's inclusion was done poorly as hell too and in no way resembles the character in design, personality, or voice. It honestly felt like it was supposed to be some kind of twist ending and it wasn't...

Reactions: Jen
D

Deleted member 21244

Resident Evil 2 may be lacking as a REmake, but it is far better than RE7 in every single way and still offers a fuller experience. RE7 didn't even look or play like a Resident Evil game and didn't even concern itself with the rest of the series. The game was only partially designed like a classic Resident Evil game and even then, it was done in a much more linear fashion. It can honestly be passed off as an indie game that was inspired by Resident Evil and someone's favorite horror movies than an actual sequel to Resident Evil. Its connections to the rest of the series are nonexistent up until the end through a file and "Redfield." That hardly makes you feel like you're playing a Resident Evil game, and Redfield's inclusion was done poorly as hell too and in no way resembles the character in design, personality, or voice. It honestly felt like it was supposed to be some kind of twist ending and it wasn't...
I disagree on this, I think that resident evil 7 feel like a resident evil game, that s my opinion...

For me resident evil 2 remake isn't better IMO since the story doesn't have any sense compared to the original, and you cannot understand the story if you never played the original, you are simply put in a world that has no sense, nothing is explained in that game, nor the zombie that are made because of t virus nor tyrant nor birkin motivanion anything, the story is simply poor, resident evil 7 feel more like a complete game in my opinion, resident evil 2 is good but it's missing its goal and look like and unifinished game, look like half of a game and doesn't manage to deliver it's story, while resident evil 7 tell a story from start to finish and tell it well... The bosses are also better in 7, I like the boss in re 2 because they are the one from original re 2 but the boss battle are all the same in the end, they play all the same, just shoot them in the eyes and dodge the attack than repeat...

Even re 2 remake had no connection to the series in my opinion, if you played it after resident evil 1, the remake would have no sense in term of connection since only umbrella and stars are mentioned in poor way and via some files sometimes, we feel Re 2 Is more connected because we know claire and leon and the whole raccon city story and we are used to them but if you never played any other resident evil but only the first one and than you play this the story had no connection besides stars, raccon city, umbrella and the fact that Claire is chris sister, but this was not the case in the original since it was well connected to the first one...

Obviously I love resident evil 2 remake dispites some of its failure, but in my opinion it's not better than re 7, re 7 is a more complete game in term of story and all and was also more innovative for the series, re 2 remake simply take the gameplay concept from resident evil 7 but only whit third persone camera... The gameplay is totally taken from resident evil 7, the flashback That play trought tape, the inventory, the save sistem with checkpoint, the map, use the knife to open the first box whit a lever, even Mr x who play like Jack baker, an immortal enemy who pursued you trought the map, the only new concept are the zombies That roam the map and the game remember their position and damagr

Resident evil 7 Doesn't feel or play like a re game? Are you serious? You are in an house whit infected people and monster and mistery, and you must find key and iteme to procede inside this house and you can only take few items ammo and weapon whit you, you must decide how to use ammo and herb, you must use box to put item in it, you had to use recorder to save, you had to hide from an immortal enemy who pursued you trought the map, there is a corporation behind this, helicopter save you in the ending, sorry man but this totally feel and play like a re game to me... Resident evil 5 and 6 feel like Re game only because they have everyone beloved protagonist? Well I don't think so since they miss the gameplay and mechanic of a resident evil game, but resident evil 7 had that

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
In my opinion re 7 is a better game than re 2 remake...
Don't get me wrong I love re 2 remake, the gameplay ecc but it's an incomplete game, it's not a real remake of re 2 since entire piece of story are missing from the game and the second run is a joke...
At least resident evil 7 story was more enjoyable and compact while Re 2 remake felt unfinished

Resident evil 7 is a good re game for me, there are still connection to the series but the only difference is that you se the event from a point of view of a new character ethan...
Also yeah redfield and not a hero connected the game to the series, why should I not mention him? Redfield a main protagonist is in the game so how in the hell can you say it's not connected to the series? ..
Also the organization and hcf and wesker are mentioned, the bsaa is mentioned, umbrella is mentioned so does raccon city incident and revelation, so it's connected...
If it wasn't for leon and ada resident evil 4 would have been worse in term of connection whit past game, just to let you understand that resident evil 7 is not the first game that look like the plot is not connected... Also re 2 remake is not connected as it should have been to the series since it does not connect to resident evil 1 properly like the original one, the John and ada story is ommited the whole intro who connect resident evil 1 to resident evil 2 is ommited, the t virus is never mentioned, the mansion incident is never mentioned and many other things....

The thing is, you don't even see anything through Ethan's eyes because you don't know what he looks like, what his motivation is, anything about him except he has a wife named Mia. The character was created to be deliberately bland so that the player apparently experiences the horror firsthand... which totally fails and isn't what Resident Evil is.

In regards to 'Redfield' - imagine a game series that has had several instalments already, a game series that's well established and has a cast of characters that everyone knows. Take Uncharted, for example. Now imagine that they take Nathan Drake, entirely change his look, change his voice, change his attitude, until he's unrecognisable from the original character, and he walks on screen and opens with 'I'm Drake'. It doesn't work. The same goes with 'Redfield'. When 'Redfield' was revealed, the reaction wasn't 'Oh my god, Chris is back!'. The reaction generally was 'Is this Chris?' or 'What happened to Chris?'. He was entirely unrecognisable as the character we've spent twenty years watching develop, in both appearance and personality. He was also just thrown in there so that there was a nod to the rest of the series - though it was poorly done. He was turned into a typical soldier jarhead and all the personality that had been built up in the last twenty years was obliterated.

Just because they mention a ton of things to do with Resident Evil, doesn't mean that it's connected. How many times did we hear 'It's like Raccoon City all over again' across the series when the game has been nothing to do with Raccoon City? Just because they throw in mentions to certain aspects, it doesn't mean that the story is connected.

The difference with RE4 is that it did have the characters to connect it to the games that had come before. RE4 at least explained what happened with Umbrella at the beginning. RE4 at least had a story that involved Wesker and Ada. RE4 at least continued the story of the characters in the first three instalments. Where did RE7 do that, apart from throwing in a character, slapping the 'Redfield' name on him, and creating a DLC for him?

I never said that RE2 was a good remake. But in terms of gameplay and tone, it definitely was the best Resident Evil game I've played in a long time. It wasn't perfect, but it gave me hope.

D

Deleted member 21244

The thing is, you don't even see anything through Ethan's eyes because you don't know what he looks like, what his motivation is, anything about him except he has a wife named Mia. The character was created to be deliberately bland so that the player apparently experiences the horror firsthand... which totally fails and isn't what Resident Evil is.

In regards to 'Redfield' - imagine a game series that has had several instalments already, a game series that's well established and has a cast of characters that everyone knows. Take Uncharted, for example. Now imagine that they take Nathan Drake, entirely change his look, change his voice, change his attitude, until he's unrecognisable from the original character, and he walks on screen and opens with 'I'm Drake'. It doesn't work. The same goes with 'Redfield'. When 'Redfield' was revealed, the reaction wasn't 'Oh my god, Chris is back!'. The reaction generally was 'Is this Chris?' or 'What happened to Chris?'. He was entirely unrecognisable as the character we've spent twenty years watching develop, in both appearance and personality. He was also just thrown in there so that there was a nod to the rest of the series - though it was poorly done. He was turned into a typical soldier jarhead and all the personality that had been built up in the last twenty years was obliterated.

Just because they mention a ton of things to do with Resident Evil, doesn't mean that it's connected. How many times did we hear 'It's like Raccoon City all over again' across the series when the game has been nothing to do with Raccoon City? Just because they throw in mentions to certain aspects, it doesn't mean that the story is connected.

The difference with RE4 is that it did have the characters to connect it to the games that had come before. RE4 at least explained what happened with Umbrella at the beginning. RE4 at least had a story that involved Wesker and Ada. RE4 at least continued the story of the characters in the first three instalments. Where did RE7 do that, apart from throwing in a character, slapping the 'Redfield' name on him, and creating a DLC for him?

I never said that RE2 was a good remake. But in terms of gameplay and tone, it definitely was the best Resident Evil game I've played in a long time. It wasn't perfect, but it gave me hope.
I must agree whit you on some part...
Ethan was blande and Infact wasn't properly as good as other character from the series...
Even during the game his reaction were **** when seeing monster and other things...

Yeah re 4 was probably connected better but the fact is that resident evil story had went too far after the death of wesker, especially whit resident evil 6, they needed to make some new fresh story that was still connected to the series, and here we have re 7...

Yeah when Chris happear I was confused and for month I had a theory that he wasn't Chris at all, but after not a hero was out I really loved him and recognized him as Chris in personality and manner ecc and I prefer this Chris way better than the one from re 6 and vendetta, who in my opinion is here that he is depicted as a stupid solider... Also every character from re 2 changed they appearence completely i could barely recognize some of them like Annette, chief irons, sherry, kendo, Mr x final form, even leon and Claire are different from the original and from their subsequent chronological appearance... So resident evil 7 isn't the only game who changed the character appearances drastically

Unfortunately I preferred the revelation and resident evil 7 to resident evil 2 remake, because resident evil 2 felt so unfinished that I didn't manage to get into the story he was supposed to tell, I was only taken by that game because I played the original

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think we need to give the Chris thing a little bit of a break due to them casting an actor as Redfield rather than building him up from scratch. I mean, they could always tweak the actors looks to be more in line with the original character, but leaving the actors face there isn't that big of a deal to me. It is just an update in the technology.

I mean, there is a chance that Redfield is someone else, but I don't think it necessarily looked bad. Just different. They did a better job fitting the actors to the role in RE2 REmake, so I have hope for the future of the technology!

D

Deleted member 21244

The only thing I didn't like whit the new redfield is the fact they changed his voice actor , Roger Craig Smith did an excellent job by playing the character in re 5, darkside chronicles, mercenaries 3d, resident evil 6 and vendetta, so they should not have changed him...

One other thing I didn't like and maybe the most weird things is that vendetta came out after resident evil 7 but Chris had his facial appearance from Re 6 and his voiced by Roger Craig Smith... He also voice him in marvel vs capcom infinite

So Why they didn t call him to voice Chris in resident evil 7?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
roger-craig-smith-5.35.jpg

I think it is because Roger Craig Smith looks like this picture. Capcom has entered a new territory where they are hiring actors who can perform the role of the character physically AND with their voice. I liked a lot of the older VAs, but it makes sense that if they are going to hire an actor to portray the character and try and find actors that fit the mold of the character - then they hire new people.

Now, you could argue that they could hire an actor for the Mocap and an actor for the voice - but I think they are trying to create as much realism in their products as possible. So, this is what we end up with. It was SUPER successfull in RE2 REmake.

D

Deleted member 21244

I think it is because Roger Craig Smith looks like this picture. Capcom has entered a new territory where they are hiring actors who can perform the role of the character physically AND with their voice. I liked a lot of the older VAs, but it makes sense that if they are going to hire an actor to portray the character and try and find actors that fit the mold of the character - then they hire new people.

Now, you could argue that they could hire an actor for the Mocap and an actor for the voice - but I think they are trying to create as much realism in their products as possible. So, this is what we end up with. It was SUPER successfull in RE2 REmake.
For devil may cry 5 Capcom called actor for the character face but let return the previous voice actor from the previous dmc, like dante nero vergil, lady Trish and kyrie...
So they could have called back roger Craig Smith for the voice actor since the actor who played him in resident evil 7 tend to imitate Roger Craig smith, so it's a bit weird

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I must agree whit you on some part...
Ethan was blande and Infact wasn't properly as good as other character from the series...
Even during the game his reaction were **** when seeing monster and other things...

Yeah re 4 was probably connected better but the fact is that resident evil story had went too far after the death of wesker, especially whit resident evil 6, they needed to make some new fresh story that was still connected to the series, and here we have re 7...

Yeah when Chris happear I was confused and for month I had a theory that he wasn't Chris at all, but after not a hero was out I really loved him and recognized him as Chris in personality and manner ecc and I prefer this Chris way better than the one from re 6 and vendetta, who in my opinion is here that he is depicted as a stupid solider... Also every character from re 2 changed they appearence completely i could barely recognize some of them like Annette, chief irons, sherry, kendo, Mr x final form, even leon and Claire are different from the original and from their subsequent chronological appearance... So resident evil 7 isn't the only game who changed the character appearances drastically

Unfortunately I preferred the revelation and resident evil 7 to resident evil 2 remake, because resident evil 2 felt so unfinished that I didn't manage to get into the story he was supposed to tell, I was only taken by that game because I played the original
Yeah, Ethan was definitely the worst character in the series for me. And you raise a good point about his reactions to seeing monsters. Another reason that we were given a normal, everyday character was that everyone believed that the main characters had become too superhero-like. But Ethan shows barely any reaction to the horror around him and is soon taking out BOWs with any weapon he lays his hands on.

I think we need to give the Chris thing a little bit of a break due to them casting an actor as Redfield rather than building him up from scratch. I mean, they could always tweak the actors looks to be more in line with the original character, but leaving the actors face there isn't that big of a deal to me. It is just an update in the technology.

I mean, there is a chance that Redfield is someone else, but I don't think it necessarily looked bad. Just different. They did a better job fitting the actors to the role in RE2 REmake, so I have hope for the future of the technology!

You see, I can't give them a break for that. They decided to be lazy and just scan a face in as opposed to putting actual work into the character. I don't think they did it for the purpose of realism. They took the easy way out, and using different voice actors and mocap actors was working fine before. They were just lazy.

RE2 remake did Leon well, I feel, but Claire didn't look much like her original. However, both their looks grew on me.

The only thing I didn't like whit the new redfield is the fact they changed his voice actor , Roger Craig Smith did an excellent job by playing the character in re 5, darkside chronicles, mercenaries 3d, resident evil 6 and vendetta, so they should not have changed him...

One other thing I didn't like and maybe the most weird things is that vendetta came out after resident evil 7 but Chris had his facial appearance from Re 6 and his voiced by Roger Craig Smith... He also voice him in marvel vs capcom infinite

So Why they didn t call him to voice Chris in resident evil 7?
I do agree that I miss Roger Craig Smith. He's voiced Chris so often that he's become the character for me, and the voice fits so well with how Chris looks pre-RE7. But one minor correction - in Vendetta, Roger Craig Smith didn't voice Chris. It was Kevin Dorman, who voiced Chris in Umbrella Chronicles.

It also really doesn't make sense that Chris looks the same as he always does in Vendetta when it released after RE7 either.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah, Ethan was definitely the worst character in the series for me. And you raise a good point about his reactions to seeing monsters. Another reason that we were given a normal, everyday character was that everyone believed that the main characters had become too superhero-like. But Ethan shows barely any reaction to the horror around him and is soon taking out BOWs with any weapon he lays his hands on.

You see, I can't give them a break for that. They decided to be lazy and just scan a face in as opposed to putting actual work into the character. I don't think they did it for the purpose of realism. They took the easy way out, and using different voice actors and mocap actors was working fine before. They were just lazy.

RE2 remake did Leon well, I feel, but Claire didn't look much like her original. However, both their looks grew on me.

I do agree that I miss Roger Craig Smith. He's voiced Chris so often that he's become the character for me, and the voice fits so well with how Chris looks pre-RE7. But one minor correction - in Vendetta, Roger Craig Smith didn't voice Chris. It was Kevin Dorman, who voiced Chris in Umbrella Chronicles.

It also really doesn't make sense that Chris looks the same as he always does in Vendetta when it released after RE7 either.
Amazing didn't know that the voice from vendetta was Kevin Dorman from umbrella chronicles, it sound like Roger Craig Smith, my God...
I m asking why did they call him back since they fired him during resident evil 5 development, in one of the first trailer from re 5 Chris was voice by the one from umbrella chronicles but it was later replaced by Roger Craig smit... Probably because Kevin Dorman voice was to childish and doesn't feet the new Chris form 5...
Here the trailer

Also is strange to note that Roger Craig Smith voiced Chris in marvel vs capcom infinite and was released after resident evil 7... Akward... I don't know maybe he was unavailable during re 7

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Amazing didn't know that the voice from vendetta was Kevin Dorman from umbrella chronicles, it sound like Roger Craig Smith, my God...
I m asking why did they call him back since they fired him during resident evil 5 development, in one of the first trailer from re 5 Chris was voice by the one from umbrella chronicles but it was later replaced by Roger Craig smit... Probably because Kevin Dorman voice was to childish and doesn't feet the new Chris form 5...
Here the trailer

Also is strange to note that Roger Craig Smith voiced Chris in marvel vs capcom infinite and was released after resident evil 7... Akward... I don't know maybe he was unavailable during re 7
I may be wrong with this, but I seem to remember that some voice actors are part of unions and therefore don't get hired to play certain parts anymore. I'm not an expert on the subject but I feel like I remember seeing a tweet from Roger Craig Smith about being part of a union and wanting better rights as a voice actor. That could be something to do with it, but I'm not sure.

I think the reason Capcom told everyone for getting rid of RCS was that they wanted to use the face scanning thing from now on. Take this with a pinch of salt as it's not a reliable source, but I also saw a post on Reddit where someone said that the old voice actor/model for Chris would be used in games that don't use the RE Engine, whereas any games that do use the RE Engine will use the new model and voice. I don't know if that's true or not, however. This is all just speculation and I'm sure someone can correct me with my reasoning if I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member 21244

I may be wrong with this, but I seem to remember that some voice actors are part of unions and therefore don't get hired to play certain parts anymore. I'm not an expert on the subject but I feel like I remember seeing a tweet from Roger Craig Smith about being part of a union and wanting better rights as a voice actor. That could be something to do with it, but I'm not sure.

I think the reason Capcom told everyone for getting rid of RCS was that they wanted to use the face scanning thing from now on. Take this with a pinch of salt as it's not a reliable source, but I also saw a post on Reddit where someone said that the old voice actor/model for Chris would be used in games that don't use the RE Engine, whereas any games that do use the RE Engine will use the new model and voice. I don't know if that's true or not, however. This is all just speculation and I'm sure someone can correct me with my reasoning if I'm wrong.
This can be true but I find it ridiculous by Capcom since dmc 5 used re engine and they scan different actor for the protagonist but yet they used the voice actor from dmc 3 and 4, so they could have done the same things whit resident evil...

I hope at least they recall dc douglas in case wesker returned or in Case a code veronica remake is made, especially since DC Douglas voice wesker from 2007 to 2019 in every game he appeared either as a cameo or elese, the last game is the 2019 mobile game teppen by Capcom were wesker still retain his voice, it would be weird to change is voice in a code veronica remake

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
This can be true but I find it ridiculous by Capcom since dmc 5 used re engine and they scan different actor for the protagonist but yet they used the voice actor from dmc 3 and 4, so they could have done the same things whit resident evil...

Now I didn't know that. Maybe it is just more cost effective? Or maybe it really is just an evil Chris who will me our main antagonist in RE8????????

D

Deleted member 21244

Now I didn't know that. Maybe it is just more cost effective? Or maybe it really is just an evil Chris who will me our main antagonist in RE8????????
Most probably Roger Craig Smith was unavailable, since I discovered that in the Japanese version they called back the one who voiced Chris in resident evil 6 and revelations...
Probably Capcom didn't care that much about voice acting in resident evil series since they change the protagonist voice many times, even wesker the one who had the most important and recognisable voice was changed many times...
the only returning one for every game was claire but her voice was changed in resident evil 2 remake

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hey Mert, to each his own! You might just have a different play style than some of the other people here. RE6 is definitely one of the most fun games to play in the series.

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
Between 8 and 9. Really liked this underrated game a lot, wished I played this earlier instead of playing overrated RE7 earlier.

This review also sums up my opinions somewhat:

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
I played RE6 in chronological order during this week for the 1st time. Previously I replayed the campaigns multiple times simply in the normal order ( Leon, Chris, Jake and Ada ) but this new order of playing the chapters is an interesting way to play the game.

This is how I played the chapters:

Chris 2
Jake 1
Jake 2
Ada 1
Leon 1
Leon 2
Ada 2
Leon 3
Jake 3
Chris 1
Chris 3
Jake 4
Leon 4
Ada 3
Ada 4
Chris 4
Jake 5
Chris 5
Leon 5
Ada 5

My score is still same; 8,5. Love this game so much.

Top Bottom