• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) What was the Scariest part?

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
Yeah, definitely the Licker jumping through the window in the Interrogation Room was very scary. I remember ****ting myself when it burst through the window.

Same for me. That scared the heck out of me. Nearly dropped my psp when that happened.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
I think the arms grabbing at you through the boarded-off windows are classic RE survival horror.
Yeah, sometimes you'd just be running past them, your mind focused on something else entirely, and the hands would smash through the boards. Made me jump many times. :D

It's good to talk to you again, La Femme.

Some Nights

No Shape
I don't supose you saw that picture of the Croc/Alligator[?] with a severed arm in it's jaws, did you? It's still on Google.

By the way, welcome to RE News. :D
I haven't yet seen it. I hope to keep it that way as well. I can barely play the sewer in RE2 and shark tank in RE1 and that is just on my TV. Thank you for the welcome. :)

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Mr. X busting through the wall got my blood pumpin' until Nemesis in RE3 did it better. The very first licker used to terrify me, too, but I outgrew that fear. Then again, thinking of that CG now creeps me out a little.

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
For me it was the Gun shop area, that spooky music playing in the background and the wide open window pane that smashes when the zombies crash through it. Also, Mr x dident really scare me in this one. His many appearences in Surivor were much more scarier becouse of the fact he would slam doors shut behind him.

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
everytime a licker fell out of the roof or went throught the window =/
when mr x pass throught the wall the both times

bruno

Chief Researcher
The licker that breaks the window in the interrogation room. You couldn't see him int the other side of the window...

Carter478

When the arms come through the boarded doors i think... I crapped myself and when Mr X Bursts through the walls that was scary. The licker through the magic mirror was pretty scary too.

L

Lurker
Nothing truly scary in this game. Jump scares are not scary, they're startling. Eventually, the arms just got old. If they were to remake this, however, it could create a creepy, scary atmosphere. The REmake was truly scary, the original wasn't really. But oh god that GB version, I crapped myself more than 10 times. A hyper realistic representation of my family as skeletons popped up.

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
Oh boy, there's a bunch of things that made me squeal (yes squeal) when i first played through RE2.

First Licker encounter, i ran the other direction back into the room before the main hall.
Birkins scream, literally made me say "oh SH-"
Seeing the cutscene where Ben was attacked by Birkin... I didn't want to go back and check if he was okay.
Mr.X appearing randomly, through walls, where ever, he just always managed to get me off guard.
The RPD police chief being pulled below his trap door by Birkin to his death, when Claire looked at the trap door, and his mutilated torso was shot up through the trap door, i jumped out of my seat in terror.
The zombies reaching through the wooden boards in the hall where you meet the first Licker.

Man... there's just so much more that i can't remember, the game's always the scariest first time around, that's for sure.

Mordecur

"Women"
I had a lot of scary parts through this game. Licker in the interrogation room, Mr X bursting through the wall while getting the cog, After seeing Ben's death I went in the opposite direction, the arms coming through the wooden barricade, chiefs Irons body coming up through the trap door and also running from the alligator.

Top Bottom