• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) What was the Scariest part?

sliced-bread-no2

The first time I heard Birkin screaming sent chills up my spine. Made me not want to really progress either, for fear of meeting him.

sliced-bread-no2

I can't remember in Leon's game when you first hear the scream. With Claire though, you hear the scream when you first meet Sherry, so yeah there is quite a bit of gameplay between the scream and the first encounter there.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Ok thats what i thought...and in Leon's game i think you hear him scream and you go to investigate...but i belive all you find is Ben's body...

Professor X

Thing's that scared me the most in "2" were - The beginning of the game, where you're literally surrounded by Zombie's on all side's, the gun shop owner becoming Zombie chow, Zombie's thrusting their arm's through the boarded-up window's in the police station, the Licker that ****ter's the interrogation room mirror, and Mr. X smashing through the one wall, then breaking through the next one 'round the corner.

Other moment's include the G-Embryo bursting forth from Ben's chest, Marvin Branagh turning into a Zombie, and the Crow's smashing through the window's of the police station.

Alas, I say, great time's were had. :D

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
The parts that scared me the most were the licker suddenly breaking through the magic mirror and the battle with Birkin where you have to wait for that elevator D:

Professor X

The parts that scared me the most were the licker suddenly breaking through the magic mirror and the battle with Birkin where you have to wait for that elevator D:

Even when you're expecting the Licker to come crashing through the mirror, it still manage's to scare you. It's great.

Where to start with William? His roar scared the hell outta me the first time. It was probably in Leon A when I first heard it, so I was by the cell's talking to Ben. I thought I was going to get attacked right there and then.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Don't play this game while about half drunk in a dark house with your friend who is equally as drunk. I got to the part where the licker jumps through the 2-way mirror and he said, "Something is going to crash through that, isn't there?" I replied, "Nah! I'll let you know when something it going to jump out." Well, *CRASH*, he screams, throws his beer, and said, "F*ck that noise." And has yet to play a Resident Evil with me lol.

bruno

Chief Researcher
When you realise you're in the wrong end of the station, so you're gonna have to get through of zombie dogs, zombies and lickers to get where you were supposed to...
Nah, i think the scariest part is when the Tyrant jumps from the blast furnace, and you have to defeat him quickly (the self destruct system was beeping for hours, so you think you're not gonna do it on time... but then Ada saves the day). Same for the "last" (or not...) fight with William, before the Platform Elevator.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Thing's that scared me the most in "2" were - The beginning of the game, where you're literally surrounded by Zombie's on all side's, the gun shop owner becoming Zombie chow, Zombie's thrusting their arm's through the boarded-up window's in the police station, the Licker that ****ter's the interrogation room mirror, and Mr. X smashing through the one wall, then breaking through the next one 'round the corner.

Other moment's include the G-Embryo bursting forth from Ben's chest, Marvin Branagh turning into a Zombie, and the Crow's smashing through the window's of the police station.

Alas, I say, great time's were had. :D

Arms through the barricaded walls, that's the one.:)

Actually, I was a little shocked the first time I had seen the zombies entering through the door opening sequence, in the courtyard out near the crashed chopper.

nradams

Niki
Oh yeah and there was that part when the licker smashes through the two way mirror thingy....lets just chalk it up to the whole game gave me nightmares throughout my childhood lol.

B.Martin

lets just chalk it up to the whole game gave me nightmares throughout my childhood lol.
This is totally true, i remember my parents taking it off me so i couldn't play it because i woke them up on a regual basis. That to me jsut meant the game was made with awesomesauce!

nradams

Niki
This is totally true, i remember my parents taking it off me so i couldn't play it because i woke them up on a regual basis. That to me jsut meant the game was made with awesomesauce!
Yeah I used to watch my uncle play the second one when I was like six and get scared out of my mind. Who would have thought that I would be obsessed with it years later at the age of 19 lol. My parents would get ****ed when I would watch him play though because I would ALWAYS have a nightmare, never fail lol.

B.Martin

Yeah I still get the occasional resident evil based dream, I love them they make for a interesting nights sleep!

NemesisType-2

The first time I heard Birkin screaming sent chills up my spine. Made me not want to really progress either, for fear of meeting him.

For me, it's not only his roar, but the music that starts the second you hear him do so(Especially in Leon's scenarios since it plays longer than when you hear it as Claire.) Definitely one of the most unnerving pieces of music in the game. It actually makes me shudder a bit. >.>

Top Bottom