• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

BioLence

Canada is doing kinda ok in the olympics but this meme cracked me up when i saw it this morning
ana.jpg

a4c.png

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I've only watched the first film and never read the books so caveat that I may be wrong, but I get the sense from this franchise that it sort of paints an idea that people who are into BDSM are super emotionally damaged and how could any well-functioning adult be into anything but vanilla sexy times otherwise. And this relationship goes so far beyond just being into kink and is full on emotionally abusive. He's full on 'hide in the bushes' creepy.
This is very true. Extremely emotionally abusive relationship depicted here and she actually decided to break up with him at the end of the first book... But they were back together within two weeks.

The problem I had with it, as I did with Twilight as well, was the response to it. It wasn't necessarily the content, as that didn't really surprise me because it was originally Twilight fanfiction so I expected it to be much the same, but the fanbase for both of these works showcasing these dysfunctional, abusive, harmful relationships is so huge that it's scary. Like downright scary and a huge part of what's wrong with our society.

It might have made me feel better if the interested audience was only contained to the younger age group but it seemed that women of every age identified with this and envied this. I can honestly say that I read this book as a single woman but even in my single state I never fantasized about this at all.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
My sister actually wants to watch 50 Shades with me. She knows I hate romance/sex movies, but says this is going to make me laugh for how utterly stupid and ridiculous it is... What do you ladies think? Is she right? (I'm kind of scared to find out...)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
My sister actually wants to watch 50 Shades with me. She knows I hate romance/sex movies, but says this is going to make me laugh for how utterly stupid and ridiculous it is... What do you ladies think? Is she right? (I'm kind of scared to find out...)
I can't say much about the movies but I feel, through the conversations we've had here and interactions I've seen you have with others, that the books would disgust you.

Reactions: Hel

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The response to Fifty Shades also annoyed me because it was all about the shock factor. The actual content and writing of the books were terrible. There's sex scenes in a hell of a lot of books that are written much better, in my opinion. Hell, most books are written much better.

The sub plots/characters also were weak as anything and I agree with all the points that have been made before, but in particular the one about how if Christian was poor he'd be seen as a creeper (and to be honest I thought he was creepy anyway).

Sorry for my little rant haha, but I think the books are a cringe-fest throughout.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I never read the fanfictions but my friends have wanted to see each flick and the movies are somewhat entertaining- you’ll be in for a good laugh and a few smacks to your forehead at how dumb it gets. Terrible writing indeed as it was clearly written by an angsty hipster that’s afraid of guns. It does make me concerned for those who aspire to have a relationship like this. My friends even make comments that Christian Grey is endearing... just like they said about my clingy ex... who is now my ex because of his possessive and clingy/needy ways.

You’re right about Dakota Johnson though, I like that she didn’t let this all go to her head and probably does laugh at the silliness of the story. Which is exactly how the movies themselves need to be viewed.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I never read the fanfictions but my friends have wanted to see each flick and the movies are somewhat entertaining- you’ll be in for a good laugh and a few smacks to your forehead at how dumb it gets. Terrible writing indeed as it was clearly written by an angsty hipster that’s afraid of guns. It does make me concerned for those who aspire to have a relationship like this. My friends even make comments that Christian Grey is endearing... just like they said about my clingy ex... who is now my ex because of his possessive and clingy/needy ways.

You’re right about Dakota Johnson though, I like that she didn’t let this all go to her head and probably does laugh at the silliness of the story. Which is exactly how the movies themselves need to be viewed.
The idea that possessiveness is okay and that borderline stalker behavior is endearing is troubling in ways I can't even express.

I feel like she's taken the movie, the content and the sudden extreme fame so well because she's always been famous of some sort because of her parents. She seems to be very levelheaded about the entire thing from the little bit I've seen and I like that.

I have to admit, I do enjoy the snip-it in the trailer for the last movie where she's snarky to Mrs. Robinson. That bitch got on my ever loving nerves in the books. I didn't support the relationship but I always wanted someone to beat that nasty cougar's ass.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Major Danganronpa V3 spoilers again:
Why are people freaking out about V3's ending?
1. It could have all been another lie that Tsumugi made up.
2. If not 1, it does not cancel out the Hope's Peak Saga. The first Danganronpa made a reference to Resident Evil, does that mean RE isn't canon in it's own world? No. It definitely is canon in itself. DR isn't canon to RE, that doesn't mean it's not canon in itself. V3 is simply another universe from the past entries where the franchise is... well, a franchise. The Hope's Peak Saga is still canon in itself. V3 potentially isn't canon to the past entries, but is canon in it's own world.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda

Against my better judgment, I rented the first one on Redbox despite the atrocious reviews and it was every bit as bad as I expected and maybe more. The sequel, Fifty Shades Darker I hear is impossibly even worse than it, so you better believe I'm steering clear away from that one.

BioLence

I feel poetic today. To all who are alone, fear not:

-With every gentle player and every lame ass turd, with every stupid bitch and every hoe, you´re just getting one step closer to that person you´re looking for- :smile:

Happy Valentines Day bolitos! :biggrin:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Single af but somehow made out with three flower bouquets... nailed it.

Anyway, this just happened today. One of my constituents, who I was trying to help with a time-sensitive case right before my sick leave, came in the office super aggressive. I passed it off my co-worker, but she became swamped because the office was understaffed and couldn't get around to it in time. He just dresses me down that because I was on my 'tax-payer funded vacation' for a month he wasn't able to have his son come for Christmas (which really has nothing to do with us anyway but people like to have someone to blame). I tell him I'm sorry, but that I actually had surgery and was in fact, not on vacation - and instead of apologizing, like a decent person would do, he just leaves. No apologies, just leaves. It's like... okay.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Single af but somehow made out with three flower bouquets... nailed it.

Anyway, this just happened today. One of my constituents, who I was trying to help with a time-sensitive case right before my sick leave, came in the office super aggressive. I passed it off my co-worker, but she became swamped because the office was understaffed and couldn't get around to it in time. He just dresses me down that because I was on my 'tax-payer funded vacation' for a month he wasn't able to have his son come for Christmas (which really has nothing to do with us anyway but people like to have someone to blame). I tell him I'm sorry, but that I actually had surgery and was in fact, not on vacation - and instead of apologizing, like a decent person would do, he just leaves. No apologies, just leaves. It's like... okay.
People are so self-serving and egotistical that it's honestly ridiculous. I can't even fathom how people got this way, that they feel like they're so special that everything revolves around them.

*mind blown*

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
People are so self-serving and egotistical that it's honestly ridiculous. I can't even fathom how people got this way, that they feel like they're so special that everything revolves around them.

*mind blown*
I know. I am honestly starting to have such a hard time keeping my patience with how utterly entitled people are becoming. I mean, I spoke to someone else today who was inquiring about our free income tax clinic, and when I said we will start doing them on Wednesdays in March he's angry that he's probably going to have to wait in line. It's like... 1. we offer this service as a courtesy, not a requirement 2. yes, boo hoo, you'll probably have to wait 20 minutes to have your taxes done for free. **** off, dude. I feel like I'm about to lose it on someone soon.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I know. I am honestly starting to have such a hard time keeping my patience with how utterly entitled people are becoming. I mean, I spoke to someone else today who was inquiring about our free income tax clinic, and when I said we will start doing them on Wednesdays in March he's angry that he's probably going to have to wait in line. It's like... 1. we offer this service as a courtesy, not a requirement 2. yes, boo hoo, you'll probably have to wait 20 minutes to have your taxes done for free. **** off, dude. I feel like I'm about to lose it on someone soon.
This is honestly why I can't stand people. There are just some really terrible human beings out and about in the world today.

Top Bottom