• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
The NHL won't let the players go this year. Owners don't want a three week break in their schedule. I heard lots of owners were annoyed that a good handful of players came back with major injuries. It's really disappointing.
Lol. Like they are not getting injured while playing in NHL.
This must be disappointing demoralizing from a player's perspective, they should just go on mass sick leave.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
My boyfriend and I really want to see Black Panther, because it looks f*king awesome!

And we're also geeks.

But I'm so tired of people making this movie about racially charged political nonsense! It's a superhero movie, made with the intention of introducing the character to people who might not know much about him and having T'Challa play a bigger role in the Avengers movies! There's no greater message, it's about expanding a franchise!

Stop bringing politics into entertainment and over-hyping something that hasn't even come out yet! You're ruining it for people who actually want to see it because they're fans of the character!

I'm so sick of this crazy ass PC-war. It's like we're back in the stone ages! I realize history repeats itself but that's only if you haven't learned something from the past.

Apparently a lot of people have a lot to learn.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Reality shows are honestly my guilty pleasure. It all started back in the day with Nick and Jessica on Newlyweds way back when and continued with Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, I Love New York, etc. I watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and New Jersey and will occasionally sit in on Married to Medicine.

I have a problem and I know this - I've known it for a while - but I've honestly NEVER seen Keeping Up With the Kardashians until today.

And it's already a timer on my DVR.:redface:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Reality shows are honestly my guilty pleasure. It all started back in the day with Nick and Jessica on Newlyweds way back when and continued with Flavor of Love, Rock of Love, I Love New York, etc. I watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and New Jersey and will occasionally sit in on Married to Medicine.

I have a problem and I know this - I've known it for a while - but I've honestly NEVER seen Keeping Up With the Kardashians until today.

And it's already a timer on my DVR.:redface:

I think her profile’s been hacked. :wink:

I used to like watching The Osbournes. That was the extent of reality shows for me though. Lol

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I'm excited; my husband is going to get me a dog after I graduate college :D So not only will I have a new career ahead of me, I will have a new fur baby :) I've always grown up with dogs until these last few years, at which point we got rats (all of whom have passed, as we recently had to put our last 2 rats to sleep :(), but now I have nothing cute and fluffy to love on. And of course there were puppies all over facebook yesterday. So yay, puppies! :3

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I think her profile’s been hacked. :wink:
I wish. My boyfriend can't stand it because I'm so mature and hate drama in my own life but then he'll come home from work and catch me watching some reality show and be like: "really?:rolleyes:"

It's funny because he was surprised when I started watching RHONJ and BH, which was just this past season, so I've been able to hide it for a while, but now VH1 is doing a love marathon for Valentine's day so I've totally been ousted as a Flavor/New York junkie from back in the day. :redface:
But he loves me anyway.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I'm excited; my husband is going to get me a dog after I graduate college :D So not only will I have a new career ahead of me, I will have a new fur baby :) I've always grown up with dogs until these last few years, at which point we got rats (all of whom have passed, as we recently had to put our last 2 rats to sleep :(), but now I have nothing cute and fluffy to love on. And of course there were puppies all over facebook yesterday. So yay, puppies! :3
Pictures will be needed.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
You know, after actually watching the show, Kim K isn't really that bad. I don't have a definitive opinion on Khloe, don't really like Kourtney, Kendall or Kylie but Kim honestly isn't that bad.
Or not as bad as everyone makes her out to be, rather.
Still love my Kim memes though.
sub-buzz-2156-1484677751-3.jpg
Haha.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
You know, after actually watching the show, Kim K isn't really that bad. I don't have a definitive opinion on Khloe, don't really like Kourtney, Kendall or Kylie but Kim honestly isn't that bad.
Or not as bad as everyone makes her out to be, rather.
Still love my Kim memes though.
sub-buzz-2156-1484677751-3.jpg
Haha.

All I know is I still haven't seen any viral videos of Kim Kardashian saying anything that compares to "I feel like a friggin' Pilgrim in the 1920s washing dishes right now" or "Is this chicken or fish? I know it's tuna but it says chicken".

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I hit the random button on Google Earth, and of all places it takes me to Gulf Islands, British Columbia, Canada. It's not like I happen to see one when I look up from my phone or anything. :razz:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Speaking of guilty pleasures, just got back from Fifty Shades Freed! They dropped the ball (pun intended) with developing certain characters and subplots but I suppose that’s not why people view these flicks. It’s probably the weaker one of the three movies (which I didn’t think was possible), but still fun to watch while tipsy with the girlfriends.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Major Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony spoilers:
I just saw people hating on Maki for Chapter 5. I don't think of what she tried to do as betrayal. She was trying to stop despair. She thought it was for the best. In a way, she was trying to help her friends.
She wasn't even protecting Kaito in the end. Shuichi mistakenly thought she was, but eventually corrected himself. She, like Shuichi, just believed that Kaito could never kill and was shocked that he did. She was grieving. Part of grief is denial.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Speaking of guilty pleasures, just got back from Fifty Shades Freed! They dropped the ball (pun intended) with developing certain characters and subplots but I suppose that’s not why people view these flicks. It’s probably the weaker one of the three movies (which I didn’t think was possible), but still fun to watch while tipsy with the girlfriends.
Ugh I hated those books lolol. (And I think my boyfriend is glad I did so he doesn't have to watch the movies lol.)

All I could think when all my friends were reading them and were like - "OMG, I NEED A CHRISTIAN GREY IN MY LIFE!!!" - all I could think was "If he was ugly and poor, y'all would want that bitch to get a restraining order. Showing up at her work after he only met her twelve hours ago and bringing contracts out on the first date and ****. This motherf*ker crazy with a capital C."

I guess I can see how people would like it, even if I didn't take to it, I just didn't. Things progressed really quickly, the writing, like Twilight, was rather immature for the content - which doesn't necessarily surprise me because it started out as Twilight fanfiction - and that brings me to one of my other reasons for not liking it: you can tell it was originally Twilight fanfiction.
I also got really tired of their boring, passionless, let-me-just-copy-and-paste-that-here-instead-of-writing-a-new-sex-scene sex life. If all everyone wanted was a cheap thrill, I could recommend Harlequin books and trashy paperbacks that were better reads and had better plots.

I will say this, though: from what I've seen, I think Dakota Johnson is a very mature young lady who has taken this role for what it is, hasn't let the popularity of it go to her head and can also accept where the movies have put her career without being one of those annoying raging harpies who hate that they did it in the first place and won't shut up about it when it's all over.

"The books were popular with everyone from teenagers to my grandma but I didn't know it would make me this famous, I didn't know!!! I wasn't ready!!!!:cry:"
@KevinStriker
I actually watched an episode yesterday where she traveled to a really run down part of LA in an effort to shed some light on the homeless population there and she actually seemed to really care that this was such a huge problem, that people were living in piles of garbage by the road. She also sat down with a woman's housing organization and talked to the women, got to know their stories and provided them with resources that would help them fill out job applications and other services to help them try and better their lives.

Usually I call bull**** on that kind of thing but I honestly think she was being genuine.

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Ugh I hated those books lolol. (And I think my boyfriend is glad I did so he doesn't have to watch the movies lol.)

All I could think when all my friends were reading them and were like - "OMG, I NEED A CHRISTIAN GREY IN MY LIFE!!!" - all I could think was "If he was ugly and poor, y'all would want that bitch to get a restraining order. Showing up at her work after he only met her twelve hours ago and bringing contracts out on the first date and ****. This motherf*ker crazy with a capital C."

I guess I can see how people would like it, even if I didn't take to it, I just didn't. Things progressed really quickly, the writing, like Twilight, was rather immature for the content - which doesn't necessarily surprise me because it started out as Twilight fanfiction - and that brings me to one of my other reasons for not liking it: you can tell it was originally Twilight fanfiction.
I also got really tired of their boring, passionless, let-me-just-copy-and-paste-that-here-instead-of-writing-a-new-sex-scene sex life. If all everyone wanted was a cheap thrill, I could recommend Harlequin books and trashy paperbacks that were better reads and had better plots.

I will say this, though: from what I've seen, I think Dakota Johnson is a very mature young lady who has taken this role for what it is, hasn't let the popularity of it go to her head and can also accept where the movies have put her career without being one of those annoying raging harpies who hate that they did it in the first place and won't shut up about it when it's all over.
"
I've only watched the first film and never read the books so caveat that I may be wrong, but I get the sense from this franchise that it sort of paints an idea that people who are into BDSM are super emotionally damaged and how could any well-functioning adult be into anything but vanilla sexy times otherwise. I mean, the whole theme is about BDSM and yet they're characterizing what BDSM is supposed to be - doing it a huge disservice. And this relationship goes so far beyond just being into kink and is full on emotionally abusive. He's full on 'hide in the bushes' creepy.

Top Bottom