• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Okay, so I'm going to badmouth my friend - only because this is something I don't even know how to confront her with personally and I need to rant.

I invited my best friend and her boyfriend to my dad's New Years party last night. I asked her to pick up some vodka for me and I'd pay her back later. This is the first time spending New Years with her in several years - around four or five years ago, I had let her sleep in my bed, she'd gotten sick in it, instead of cleaning it asap she slept in it and didn't offer to reimburse me a penny for ruining the mattress - which was about $600-700. She couldn't have afforded to so we didn't ask, but the fact that she never even brought up the subject to even apologize forced a significant wedge between us, and for the next few years she wasn't welcome.

This year, we invite her and her boyfriend. They ask to sleep over which is fine because we don't want anyone drinking and driving. The next morning my Dad makes breakfast for everybody since we had our aunt and uncle over as well, but we have three more people coming to eat so Dad just reminds everyone that... three more people are coming so be mindful of portions. My friend and her boyfriend take a heaping amount of food - I mean, they piled their plates as if it was an all-you-can-eat buffet. Me and my Dad kind of looked at each other and ate less than we would normally. But a few minutes later, her boyfriend treats himself to a second helping of food. And not like, y'know, a handful of hash browns and 2-3 strips of bacon, but like 7-8 strips of bacon and almost a bowl-full more of potatoes. My mom apparently notices because she takes the potatoes away, saying she's going to reheat them for the guests who just got there.

So they go up and get their stuff packed up and leave like, an hour later. Then, about 20 minutes later I get a text from her asking when she's going to get her $25 for the vodka back. I was sort of astounded. We invite you over for New Years, feed you dinner and breakfast, and you're still going to ask for the $25 back? Should I write you an invoice for the gigantic breakfast you guys ate, or perhaps even the $700 mattress you ruined several years ago? Because it's going to be a lot more than $25.

I understand if you're struggling financially and need to be frugal - hence why I never asked her to reimburse me for the mattress. But she's not frugal - she's cheap and there's a damn difference. It doesn't hurt to be appreciative of what you've been given. Asking for the money back is just plain cheap and extraordinarily thoughtless.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
CT: I'll never understand how people think fruit and cheese goes together. It just doesn't to me.

mjk321

Okay, so I'm going to badmouth my friend - only because this is something I don't even know how to confront her with personally and I need to rant.

I invited my best friend and her boyfriend to my dad's New Years party last night. I asked her to pick up some vodka for me and I'd pay her back later. This is the first time spending New Years with her in several years - around four or five years ago, I had let her sleep in my bed, she'd gotten sick in it, instead of cleaning it asap she slept in it and didn't offer to reimburse me a penny for ruining the mattress - which was about $600-700. She couldn't have afforded to so we didn't ask, but the fact that she never even brought up the subject to even apologize forced a significant wedge between us, and for the next few years she wasn't welcome.

This year, we invite her and her boyfriend. They ask to sleep over which is fine because we don't want anyone drinking and driving. The next morning my Dad makes breakfast for everybody since we had our aunt and uncle over as well, but we have three more people coming to eat so Dad just reminds everyone that... three more people are coming so be mindful of portions. My friend and her boyfriend take a heaping amount of food - I mean, they piled their plates as if it was an all-you-can-eat buffet. Me and my Dad kind of looked at each other and ate less than we would normally. But a few minutes later, her boyfriend treats himself to a second helping of food. And not like, y'know, a handful of hash browns and 2-3 strips of bacon, but like 7-8 strips of bacon and almost a bowl-full more of potatoes. My mom apparently notices because she takes the potatoes away, saying she's going to reheat them for the guests who just got there.

So they go up and get their stuff packed up and leave like, an hour later. Then, about 20 minutes later I get a text from her asking when she's going to get her $25 for the vodka back. I was sort of astounded. We invite you over for New Years, feed you dinner and breakfast, and you're still going to ask for the $25 back? Should I write you an invoice for the gigantic breakfast you guys ate, or perhaps even the $700 mattress you ruined several years ago? Because it's going to be a lot more than $25.

I understand if you're struggling financially and need to be frugal - hence why I never asked her to reimburse me for the mattress. But she's not frugal - she's cheap and there's a damn difference. It doesn't hurt to be appreciative of what you've been given. Asking for the money back is just plain cheap and extraordinarily thoughtless.
ask her $50 for the bed and breakfast :p

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
My family seems to think that I am interested in only the oddest of men but I just think I'm picky as hell. My latest fascination lies with Gideon Emery - actor, voice actor, and occasionally a jazz musician. You might be shocked when you realise just how many video game characters and NPCs he's voiced. Fenris from Dragon Age, Gideon from COD: Advanced Warfare (pretty obvious one there, since he was mocapped), and even some of the Imperials in Skyrim. Those are only a few lol.

If anyone here has watched Teen Wolf (I don't lol) then you'll probably recognize him as Deucalion.

Personally, I rather enjoy him as Ed Neusbit on Funny or Die.

He's just incredibly charming and has a particular sense of humor that I love. I don't see what's so odd lol.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
We are flooded where I am lol. It started raining Christmas day and didn't stop until New Years Eve. I like rain....just not THAT much rain. The river is swollen and much of our Riverwalk is under water.

As for snow...we hardly ever see any snow.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I usually go to bed in the early hours of the morning and don't get up til at least 10am on my days off. I went to bed at 10pm last night and woke up at 5.30am this morning. I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up. I'm never normally a breakfast person, yet I really wanted breakfast when I woke up, so I ate toast and cereal. It's now 7am and I feel the best I've felt in weeks.

I'm really scared. Something is definitely wrong. :p

mjk321

I usually go to bed in the early hours of the morning and don't get up til at least 10am on my days off. I went to bed at 10pm last night and woke up at 5.30am this morning. I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up. I'm never normally a breakfast person, yet I really wanted breakfast when I woke up, so I ate toast and cereal. It's now 7am and I feel the best I've felt in weeks.

I'm really scared. Something is definitely wrong. :p

try to wake up in the morning at the same time everyday, when your body gets used to it you'll wake up at that time even if you slept 2 hours before.

Reactions: Jen

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I start Boxercise tonight.

To say I'm nervous would be an understatement.

I haven't done any serious exercise since leaving hospital last February...

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
BOXERCISE!

disco-kid-o.gif

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I just got back from my trip late last night. I had a pretty amazing time. Flight had to detour because of strong winds and lack of fuel.

I went to CoCo Bongo and it was AMAZING. It's a night club with shows that go on for 3-4 hours. Bane picked Batman up and slammed his spine on his knee then threw him off the 2nd level. Then swung on a rope right above the crowd who was dancing and cheering. He then landed on the bar top and flopped his greatness in front of everyone. Batman jumped down and then Bane beat the **** out of Batman with some really mean hooks and curb stomped him in the side of his chest. Catwoman came swinging down and kicked him and they fought and she flipped him over. Bane retreated on a rope back up and she swung up after him. Batman then battled his thugs and Bane beat his ass again. Catwoman game and fought them and pulled out a gun and shot bane in the face. They quoted lines from the movie and gahhh it was amazing! I might post a vid tidbit I took o nmy phone if you guys want.

Spider-man and Green Goblin also swung around in the air doing some amazing acrobatics and fought on the bar top as well. Mock ups of The Beatles, Queen, Madonna, and Michael Jackson performed. A Tron light battle, ugh it was amazing. Air shoots down on the crowd. Lots of confetti and balloons. ALL THE DRINKS ARE FREE!!! I got so drunk and had at least 7-9 drinks. No, beer, all the real stuff. They do NOT measure their alcohol. They just poor it and the tender ****ed up once and gave me a tall glass of pure whiskey.... really? I was like... oh well and just drank it xD The show was great. And..... At the end I danced on the bar top with about a dozen people.... there were about 2000 people there.... ugh! >.<
It was great! If any of you go to a city with a CoCo Bongo there. YOU MUST GO!!!! :D

A few other interesting things happened. It was a really fun trip :)

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I just got back from my trip late last night. I had a pretty amazing time. Flight had to detour because of strong winds and lack of fuel.

I went to CoCo Bongo and it was AMAZING. It's a night club with shows that go on for 3-4 hours. Bane picked Batman up and slammed his spine on his knee then threw him off the 2nd level. Then swung on a rope right above the crowd who was dancing and cheering. He then landed on the bar top and flopped his greatness in front of everyone. Batman jumped down and then Bane beat the **** out of Batman with some really mean hooks and curb stomped him in the side of his chest. Catwoman came swinging down and kicked him and they fought and she flipped him over. Bane retreated on a rope back up and she swung up after him. Batman then battled his thugs and Bane beat his ass again. Catwoman game and fought them and pulled out a gun and shot bane in the face. They quoted lines from the movie and gahhh it was amazing! I might post a vid tidbit I took o nmy phone if you guys want.

Spider-man and Green Goblin also swung around in the air doing some amazing acrobatics and fought on the bar top as well. Mock ups of The Beatles, Queen, Madonna, and Michael Jackson performed. A Tron light battle, ugh it was amazing. Air shoots down on the crowd. Lots of confetti and balloons. ALL THE DRINKS ARE FREE!!! I got so drunk and had at least 7-9 drinks. No, beer, all the real stuff. They do NOT measure their alcohol. They just poor it and the tender ****ed up once and gave me a tall glass of pure whiskey.... really? I was like... oh well and just drank it xD The show was great. And..... At the end I danced on the bar top with about a dozen people.... there were about 2000 people there.... ugh! >.<
It was great! If any of you go to a city with a CoCo Bongo there. YOU MUST GO!!!! :D

A few other interesting things happened. It was a really fun trip :)

Welcome back

Top Bottom