• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I'm a mixture of sad and amused. Sad because a duplex down the street caught fire and completely ruined one side so a family is without a home, but amused because of the people that live in the other side. My dad's a fireman, so he had to make sure everybody was out of the house, and he knocked on the door of the mostly undamaged side but no one answered, and the door was unlocked so he went inside and found the people living there smoking pot and doing drugs. They were completely oblivious to the fact that the other side of the building was being gutted by a fire for the past fifteen minutes. I could see the smoke from my house so they normally should've been able to see it too, obviously. I can only imagine how stupid they looked.

mjk321

I'm a mixture of sad and amused. Sad because a duplex down the street caught fire and completely ruined one side so a family is without a home, but amused because of the people that live in the other side. My dad's a fireman, so he had to make sure everybody was out of the house, and he knocked on the door of the mostly undamaged side but no one answered, and the door was unlocked so he went inside and found the people living there smoking pot and doing drugs. They were completely oblivious to the fact that the other side of the building was being gutted by a fire for the past fifteen minutes. I could see the smoke from my house so they normally should've been able to see it too, obviously. I can only imagine how stupid they looked.

Kids......stay in school and don't do drugs.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
a funny story that my friend told me and thought to share.

"I was going to work and suddenly I get a call from a lady who said that she was from a car insurance company"

lady: sorry for calling without notice, but can I ask you some questions?
friend: yeah, no problem.
lady: thank you. do you go to work in a car?
friend: yes.
lady: are you the one driving the car?
friend: no. there is a driver.
lady: is the car insured?
friend: I think it's insured, I will ask later though.
lady: does the car costs more than 800,000 yen?
friend: I think so, yeah.
lady: by the way, what kind of car is it?
friend: the local bus.
lady: *hangs up*

friend: did I say something wrong? :(

me: lol

LMAO! THIS IS GREAT! I LOVE IT!

Gah! Just over a month ago a fire happened to an apartment down the street from me. It was so bad that all that was left was a brick wall and it got so hot that the foundation melted and the bricks were falling off >.< I'm sure your dad will probably tell you that brick wall aren't suppose to collapse like that in a fire (at least I'm sure they aren't. Tons of brick buildings stay standing). It was so bad that it looked like the firemen almost lost control and it would take the buildings around it. It was 4 am and the sky was covered in bright glowing ashes and looked like fire flies. Just thousands of them. The fire was hot and aggressive, the flames looked like they were coming out like wind and it wasn't windy. It was crazy... all that was left the next day was about one wall and only about a quarter of it. They had to knock it down and clean it up.

I don't know if the inside was drywall or not, but it burned up good. I felt so bad for the people living there, yet all the ashes in the skies like fireflies.... is nothing like a fire you see on TV. I tried recording it and it doesn't show up on video and the fire looked far less than what it really was. It was sad and crazy at the same time, yet the whole neighbourhood stood in shock and awe with the skies and the intense raging fire...

Cheer

Kamen Rider
You know what (and i am **** sure that i will get a lot of hate for this) but after re-watching both Live action avengers movies. Its looks more like Iron man and friends than The Avengers.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You know what (and i am **** sure that i will get a lot of hate for this) but after re-watching both Live action avengers movies. Its looks more like Iron man and friends than The Avengers.
IDK About that, but I will say, the first one is just OK at best. The second one is REALLY good, but I prefer half the solo MCU movies over the first Avengers...

Cheer

Kamen Rider
IDK About that, but I will say, the first one is just OK at best. The second one is REALLY good, but I prefer half the solo MCU movies over the first Avengers...

Well when you look at it. He had more screen time than the others, The climax of the first movie took place around his tower.

Airaku

Stray Jedi

I thought Age of Ultron was the worst Marvel film to date. It was so disappointing and missed the mark. I know the MCU is different from the source material and is supposed to be. Hell even HYDRA has a completely different origins and existed centuries before it did in the comics. Which is cool... but Age of Ultron really misses the mark. At least on par with Ironman 3. Don't get me started on how the main villain of that story arch "Maya" was not the big bad of the film. Also now that the MCU is getting OP heroes added to the roster. Marvel must be kicking themselves over the whole Tony doesn't have Extermis bull****!

Ultron is supposed to be one of the most powerful Marvel villains and he was a little bitch in the films. He got torn to shreds by the avengers and had to run. Captain America could 1v1 him m8. At least a little bitch like Whiplash was able to give Ironman the smack down. In terms of power in the MCU Ultron < Every other MCU villain. I mean the rest of them didn't have a huge army and STILL get smacked around like a joke.

The intro of Age of Ultron was great and I absolutely loved Hulk vs Ironman. Best of all! Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver offered some of the best moments of the MCU. I loved them! It would be nice if Quicksilver can be brought back for the "InHumans" film.

Other than that. Yeah the great and terrifying Ultron is a bitch.

//end rant that has no structure and is all over the wall xD

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
So this guy sends me a message on a dating website... his profile is a humongous bitch-fest about women, and the message he sends me is basically 'I don't think we're compatible, you're too young, I'm not great with technology'. No 'hello', no 'nice profile, I found this or that interesting'. Nothing like that. And then you WONDER why women aren't interested.

Yes, women can be assholes sometimes. But if you're going to bring a pathetic game to the table, then the only one you can blame it yourself.

mjk321

So this guy sends me a message on a dating website... his profile is a humongous bitch-fest about women, and the message he sends me is basically 'I don't think we're compatible, you're too young, I'm not great with technology'. No 'hello', no 'nice profile, I found this or that interesting'. Nothing like that. And then you WONDER why women aren't interested.

Yes, women can be assholes sometimes. But if you're going to bring a pathetic game to the table, then the only one you can blame it yourself.

I shall apologies on behalf of my gender for this and future incidents. :p
(you can be sure to encounter similar incidents since men are stupid always :p )

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I kinda feel bad for him, I think he's a bit unhinged. He wrote me like, a book back explaining that he's 40 years old and has never had sex and then he just starts referring to himself in the third person.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well when you look at it. He had more screen time than the others, The climax of the first movie took place around his tower.
That was more of a symbolism thing. It was "STARK Tower" Big capital letters to represent. After the Fight it was just "A." Signifying they were a team now. It was now Avengers Tower, which is their base of operations in the comics. Not saying you're wrong about it feeling like he was the star and all, I'm just saying there is symbolism to what you may consider a flaw.

I thought Age of Ultron was the worst Marvel film to date. It was so disappointing and missed the mark. I know the MCU is different from the source material and is supposed to be. Hell even HYDRA has a completely different origins and existed centuries before it did in the comics. Which is cool... but Age of Ultron really misses the mark. At least on par with Ironman 3. Don't get me started on how the main villain of that story arch "Maya" was not the big bad of the film. Also now that the MCU is getting OP heroes added to the roster. Marvel must be kicking themselves over the whole Tony doesn't have Extermis bull****!

Ultron is supposed to be one of the most powerful Marvel villains and he was a little bitch in the films. He got torn to shreds by the avengers and had to run. Captain America could 1v1 him m8. At least a little bitch like Whiplash was able to give Ironman the smack down. In terms of power in the MCU Ultron < Every other MCU villain. I mean the rest of them didn't have a huge army and STILL get smacked around like a joke.

The intro of Age of Ultron was great and I absolutely loved Hulk vs Ironman. Best of all! Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver offered some of the best moments of the MCU. I loved them! It would be nice if Quicksilver can be brought back for the "InHumans" film.

Other than that. Yeah the great and terrifying Ultron is a bitch.

//end rant that has no structure and is all over the wall xD
Sadly Quicksilver won't be coming back. The only reason he was even allowed to BE in the movie is because it had been in the works longer than Days of Future Past which was an X-Men film, therefore owned by Fox. Since fox owns ALL X-Men properties they had to call them "InHumans" instead of "Mutants" and had to cut out the fact that Magneto is their father. Scarlet Witch isn't in the X-Men films so they can keep using her. While it MAY be technically legally possible that they could have kept using him, it's a lot easier to give him a heroic death than it is to leap around a bunch of legal jargon when it comes to making further films.

As for him being underpowered, I agree and disagree at the same time. At the end of the day, he was never meant to be a mainstay villain. He was mainly used as a plot device to introduce Vision, which creates an infinity stone. Thanos is still the big, bad, puppet master behind the universe. It was also a movie used to set up the conflict between Tony Start and Cap A in the upcoming Civil War movie. It also served to introduce Wakanda, and the main antagonist of Black Panther's upcoming movie. The film may have been called "Age of Ultron," but what you really have to look at as is the set-up for nearly EVERYTHING that's about to happen in upcoming MCU movies.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Sadly Quicksilver won't be coming back. The only reason he was even allowed to BE in the movie is because it had been in the works longer than Days of Future Past which was an X-Men film, therefore owned by Fox. Since fox owns ALL X-Men properties they had to call them "InHumans" instead of "Mutants" and had to cut out the fact that Magneto is their father. Scarlet Witch isn't in the X-Men films so they can keep using her. While it MAY be technically legally possible that they could have kept using him, it's a lot easier to give him a heroic death than it is to leap around a bunch of legal jargon when it comes to making further films.

As for him being underpowered, I agree and disagree at the same time. At the end of the day, he was never meant to be a mainstay villain. He was mainly used as a plot device to introduce Vision, which creates an infinity stone. Thanos is still the big, bad, puppet master behind the universe. It was also a movie used to set up the conflict between Tony Start and Cap A in the upcoming Civil War movie. It also served to introduce Wakanda, and the main antagonist of Black Panther's upcoming movie. The film may have been called "Age of Ultron," but what you really have to look at as is the set-up for nearly EVERYTHING that's about to happen in upcoming MCU movies.

This is true. Did you know that Fox sued Marvel once for a TV showed called "Mutant X"? =O As for the characters there are a few that are gray areas that both studios own the rights too. The twins are part of that. Polaris is probably included but will likely not be used.

I still think Ultron is still the wrong character for this. Sure the Vision is important and is part of that. But too much was changed and too much was ****ed up. I mean really.... Erase Ultron? That's not even possible. He can be contained and he can be every where at once. Why not just hack the whole world and be done with it? He can go all wi-fi and ****.... oh and he can go into analog **** like a toaster as well... apparently.... ugh. They could have beamed him in space he could cold have had a very minor appearance with the Phalanx in a Guardians of the Galaxy film. He could still exist to an extent. He was just a throw away character with no memorable moments at all.

Was this on POF? Because if it was.... you can also blame yourself xD jk jk. That site honestly has some of the worst males and females collectively. They are either all stuck up and full of themselves, or just wanting to get laid. I've yet to encounter any respectable girls on there yet :( I go on every now and then and it's just.... ugh!

I don't even know why I try. I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to recover from this. I hate my life sometimes.

What's wrong? :( Talk to us.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
This is true. Did you know that Fox sued Marvel once for a TV showed called "Mutant X"? =O As for the characters there are a few that are gray areas that both studios own the rights too. The twins are part of that. Polaris is probably included but will likely not be used.

I still think Ultron is still the wrong character for this. Sure the Vision is important and is part of that. But too much was changed and too much was ****ed up. I mean really.... Erase Ultron? That's not even possible. He can be contained and he can be every where at once. Why not just hack the whole world and be done with it? He can go all wi-fi and ****.... oh and he can go into analog **** like a toaster as well... apparently.... ugh. They could have beamed him in space he could cold have had a very minor appearance with the Phalanx in a Guardians of the Galaxy film. He could still exist to an extent. He was just a throw away character with no memorable moments at all.

Was this on POF? Because if it was.... you can also blame yourself xD jk jk. That site honestly has some of the worst males and females collectively. They are either all stuck up and full of themselves, or just wanting to get laid. I've yet to encounter any respectable girls on there yet :( I go on every now and then and it's just.... ugh!

What's wrong? :( Talk to us.

My "best friend" is totally different now. She was always the girl who hated those girls that smoke, drink and sleep with tons of guys, then I found out she's been doing all of that. It might not seem like it's a huge deal, but to me it is. She said she hasn't been texting me very often because she's been too drunk to. Like... what's more important? She said I'm still her best friend, but she knew that if I found out it'd break my heart. I know it kind of sounds like I'm making it all about myself, but I actually believed there was someone that completely understood me. I feel really stupid now. We've been best friends for years. I don't even know what to do anymore. Yeah, she apologized and said she'd try to be a better person, but this changes a lot. She's not at all who I always thought she was. She told me she's been really busy, then today she said she's been lying for months and she was actually out drinking with other friends and doing... other things.
From now on I think I'm just gonna stick with you guys being my friends. :p

Airaku

Stray Jedi
My "best friend" is totally different now. She was always the girl who hated those girls that smoke, drink and sleep with tons of guys, then I found out she's been doing all of that. It might not seem like it's a huge deal, but to me it is. She said she hasn't been texting me very often because she's been too drunk to. Like... what's more important? She said I'm still her best friend, but she knew that if I found out it'd break my heart. I know it kind of sounds like I'm making it all about myself, but I actually believed there was someone that completely understood me. I feel really stupid now. We've been best friends for years. I don't even know what to do anymore. Yeah, she apologized and said she'd try to be a better person, but this changes a lot. She's not at all who I always thought she was. She told me she's been really busy, then today she said she's been lying for months and she was actually out drinking with other friends and doing... other things.
From now on I think I'm just gonna stick with you guys being my friends. :p

Awe *hugs* we will always be your friends no matter what! It's sad that she's starting to do those things. Going against what she claims to believe against. I really hope she does change and I hope she lives up to her promise. Any idea what may have made her start doing all of that? :(

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Awe *hugs* we will always be your friends no matter what! It's sad that she's starting to do those things. Going against what she claims to believe against. I really hope she does change and I hope she lives up to her promise. Any idea what may have made her start doing all of that? :(

Thanks. I think it was a mixture of things, but the main reason is probably her ex-boyfriend. She was obviously upset about it, and she confided in me and she told me I made her feel so much better and she'd be okay. I should've realized she was still having trouble getting over it. I suggested a counsellor or something just in case, and she said she'd think about it if she needed to. I could've helped her if I wasn't so stupid.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Thanks. I think it was a mixture of things, but the main reason is probably her ex-boyfriend. She was obviously upset about it, and she confided in me and she told me I made her feel so much better and she'd be okay. I should've realized she was still having trouble getting over it. I suggested a counsellor or something just in case, and she said she'd think about it if she needed to. I could've helped her if I wasn't so stupid.

You're not stupid. Don't say that again, because it's not true. You're a very kind and caring person. Your friend is lucky to have someone like you, even if she doesn't appreciate it at the moment.

I was in a deep relationship that lasted 3 and half years. I swear to god that she was the one. Unfortunately she had a surgery for her jaw and after that she was never the same. She cut a lot of people out of her life because she face changed and moved back to her parents. On the bright side she did go to school to do what she always wanted to do. Be a hair dresser :p But.... it took me a year to get over her. I spiraled into a deep depression. I didn't resort to those things but I did become reckless and not care about what would happen to myself. I wasn't suicidal or anything, but I didn't care if something happened. A huge part of me became dead and empty. Nothing mattered to me anymore and it became hard for me to enjoy the things I did.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like it was about me. It's not. I'm just saying that I can understand a little of where she is coming from. Even if I don't agree with the choices she is making. Believe me when I say she is lucky to have you. She just doesn't show it and is pushing you away. I can't deny that I became distant as well.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
You're not stupid. Don't say that again, because it's not true. You're a very kind and caring person. Your friend is lucky to have someone like you, even if she doesn't appreciate it at the moment.

I was in a deep relationship that lasted 3 and half years. I swear to god that she was the one. Unfortunately she had a surgery for her jaw and after that she was never the same. She cut a lot of people out of her life because she face changed and moved back to her parents. On the bright side she did go to school to do what she always wanted to do. Be a hair dresser :p But.... it took me a year to get over her. I spiraled into a deep depression. I didn't resort to those things but I did become reckless and not care about what would happen to myself. I wasn't suicidal or anything, but I didn't care if something happened. A huge part of me became dead and empty. Nothing mattered to me anymore and it became hard for me to enjoy the things I did.

I'm sorry if I made it sound like it was about me. It's not. I'm just saying that I can understand a little of where she is coming from. Even if I don't agree with the choices she is making. Believe me when I say she is lucky to have you. She just doesn't show it and is pushing you away. I can't deny that I became distant as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to try and make me feel better. :D
I can also understand that she's trying to cope with things and everyone has their own way of coping, I just think hers is very unhealthy. I do understand a bit better now that I'm not having a nervous breakdown. :p I'm still gonna have to accept what's happened, which honestly might take a while since I'm very sensitive, but I'll try to talk things out a little better with her, I was just completely shocked and overwhelmed. You also definitely helped, thanks again. :)

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Of course *hugs tight* One of the reasons I love this site so much. Isn't just because of Resident Evil. But the people who are here. The last while there hasn't been much exciting stuff for Resident Evil other than Revelations 2. Which was FANTASTIC and brought back into my hardcore Resident Evil mode =D Which also in turn resulted me into getting distracted and playing almost no games. Oh well xD That game was effing worth it =D

Most of all. The point I am trying to make is we stick with it, together here on these forums. When I made the account. I won't lie. I wanted to reply to one post and answer a question they had and then I was going to be on my way and leave. So maybe spend 2 days max on this page and I think it's been at least 2 months. The people here are great and I have no desire to leave now because everyone is just amazing :)

Back to your issue. I sense that you have an anxiety disorder or something. In addition to that. You wear your heart on your sleeve. Despite what other assholes might try to tell you. There is nothing wrong with that. I am the same way. I have very bad anxiety and it's been rough for me. That alone cane turn into a state of depression that can randomly come and go. And I too wear my heart on my sleeve. So I guess we can relate on this level.

I am really happy that I am able to help you with this. Even if it's online xD I hope that you talk to her and see what happens. But weary of her and make sure she doesn't go back on her word. She needs your support to keep her steady and not go off and do stupid things. In turn I hope that she will be there for you when you get depressed or something.

:( *hugs* I wish you of all of luck and I will be here if you ever need someone to talk too. You know where to find me :)

Top Bottom