• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Some Nights

No Shape
I don't work again until Thursday and have no plans except for tomorrow. I would love to call someone and figure something out but I have no backbone and fear rejection so I will just wait/hope that someone will reach out to me first. :oops:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
CT: Old school bully has added me to Facebook. Now life is well and truly weird...
^ I wasn't horribly bullied when I was younger, but the one girl who was nastiest to me died a couple years ago in a drinking and driving accident. That was pretty weird.

CT: Dude, there's a difference between a strike and a lock-out. What's happening with the NHL is a LOCK-OUT not a STRIKE. Jeez.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
CT: Old school bully has added me to Facebook. Now life is well and truly weird...
I honestly love how people who wouldn't give you the time of day in school or were snotty or whatever, immediately want to talk to you and act like you were best friends in school as soon as graduation is over.
^ I wasn't horribly bullied when I was younger, but the one girl who was nastiest to me died a couple years ago in a drinking and driving accident. That was pretty weird.
I spotted the guy who gave me the most, and really only, trouble in school - which was weird in itself because we'd never talked, I barely even knew him so why give me trouble? :confused: - a while back in our small-town "slammer" newspaper; he had been arrested for probation violation.

Now that's what I call karma.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yeah, it definitely seems like alot of people who were nasty in high school don't often have alot going on for them in adulthood.

Ct: Okayyyy.... that's weird... y'know, I don't mind you translating my stuff, but it would have been nice of you to actually ask me first instead of being all shady about it.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'm more of a RHCP and Primus style bassist. Lot's of Funk with slap bass.
I love that stuff too, I'm just not good enough to play it well (yet). They may be laid out the same, but the bass guitar and the regular guitar are totally different beasts. That said, I have found that picking up the bass has made me a much better guitarist than I already was.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I love that stuff too, I'm just not good enough to play it well (yet). They may be laid out the same, but the bass guitar and the regular guitar are totally different beasts. That said, I have found that picking up the bass has made me a much better guitarist than I already was.
Ya, I've found the same about myself. But I'm a better bassist, mainly because music is about emotion,and I think the bass just captures my soul in a way the guitar cannot.

Gar Bageman

Ya, I've found the same about myself. But I'm a better bassist, mainly because music is about emotion,and I think the bass just captures my soul in a way the guitar cannot.
I totally agree with your reasoning (though the guitar is more 'me' than the bass)! I still think that, from a strictly performance standpoint, I'm most comfortable on a piano, but the guitar is where so much of my best stuff comes from.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I totally agree with your reasoning (though the guitar is more 'me' than the bass)! I still think that, from a strictly performance standpoint, I'm most comfortable on a piano, but the guitar is where so much of my best stuff comes from.
See, I'm lead singer/bassist for my band, so I really don't get to do a lot of show off stuff on the bass often just because I'm singing at the same time. Guitar is the same way, really. But when it comes to the performance standpoint, I'm more comfortable with the bass, but because I think you can improvise mid show a lot more on the bass. Even if it's something you haven't rehearsed before. If there is a break in my lyrics, time for an improv bass solo.

Gar Bageman

See, I'm lead singer/bassist for my band, so I really don't get to do a lot of show off stuff on the bass often just because I'm singing at the same time. Guitar is the same way, really. But when it comes to the performance standpoint, I'm more comfortable with the bass, but because I think you can improvise mid show a lot more on the bass. Even if it's something you haven't rehearsed before. If there is a break in my lyrics, time for an improv bass solo.
That's a good way to be!
On a related note, I think I'd be horrible in a band. I like to do everything my way and by myself and, wouldn't you know it, you just can't do that when three or four other people are involved! I could probably be part of a duo, but I think even that might be a stretch.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I honestly love how people who wouldn't give you the time of day in school or were snotty or whatever, immediately want to talk to you and act like you were best friends in school as soon as graduation is over.
She hasn't changed at all (appearance wise, at least - cow) but considering we're meant to be meeting up at New Year's (I'm friends with her older sister who is my sister's best mate), perhaps she thought it would be best to attempt an utterly superficial friendship now rather than on the night?

Just for poops and giggles I checked out some of my other former bullies' profiles (and there were a lot of them) and it would seem at the age of 30 they are all single or divorced and have crappy low-paid jobs. Now I'm not saying payback is a bitch but if I had a dog, I'd name it Karma. I spent 4 years at that school either hiding or being picked on mercilessly and to be perfectly honest? I'm kind of enjoying this. Juuuuuust a little bit...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
You know what sucks? When you accidently stumble on the calorie count of those creamy garlic dipping causes Pizza Pizza sells... and realize that one teensy tiny jar has 500 calories and more grams of fat than a Big Mac.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
You know what sucks? When you accidently stumble on the calorie count of those creamy garlic dipping causes Pizza Pizza sells... and realize that one teensy tiny jar has 500 calories and more grams of fat than a Big Mac.
You know what sucks even more? When your friend decides to share this distressing information with you while you're craving the creamy garlic dipping sauces and some bread sticks. :p

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
You know what sucks even more? When your friend decides to share this distressing information with you while you're craving the creamy garlic dipping sauces and some bread sticks. :p

You know what's even worse? When you're allergic to garlic and can't enjoy those amazing creamy garlic dipping sauces ;_; Oh well... least my breath won't suffer the consequences.

Oh, hey guys. *waves*

Top Bottom