• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Some Nights

No Shape
Or maybe I don't know how painful trapped air is because I just let 'er rip whenever I need to. :p Har har har.

Better out than in I always say. :D
Just wanted to say that your posts have a habit of consistently cracking me up.

CT: I'm not a fan of holiday music to begin with but it's already driving me crazy this year. My work finds it necessary to play it even when the store is closed to put everyone in high spirits when we are doing shipment. Please try again. :confused:

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I thought it was solid. Not "great," but still enjoyable. But I'm also a big Captain America fan. So I'm biased. :p
Yeah, I think perhaps my initial assessment was a little harsh. After playing some of the combat challenge stuff and a little more of the main game, I have a more favorable view of it. I think I let all of the great things I heard about it build it up in my head to be something it could never be...

Reactions: Meg

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: Is it wrong to buy a completely new videogame (without ever having played its predecessors) just because the main character is hot?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
You know, the thing is: I don't even like what I've seen so far, the gameplay doesn't actually appeal to me (but then again, I thought the same about RE5 and I was wrong), but I like the character pretty much. Not only his looks, but also the way he speaks and acts, and that's important to me too.

Holy crap, I feel like a pedophile now! That guy looks like a sixteen-year-old... A hot sixteen-year-old, though...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You know, the thing is: I don't even like what I've seen so far, the gameplay doesn't actually appeal to me (but then again, I thought the same about RE5 and I was wrong), but I like the character pretty much. Not only his looks, but also the way he speaks and acts, and that's important to me too.

Holy crap, I feel like a pedophile now! That guy looks like a sixteen-year-old... A hot sixteen-year-old, though...
Gameplay isn't everything my friend. I mean, I'd MUCH rather a GREAT story and likable character, than the smoothest gameplay in the world.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
See, that's where our opinions differ. Even the greatest story of all time doesn't save a game that is totally unenjoyable otherwise. Do you know Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness? There's no doubt that it has one of the best, if not the best story of all games involving Lara Croft so far, but the controls are slow and unresponsive, the graphical bugs hurt your eyes and the technical ones sometimes even prevent you from progressing. So, despite the interesting story and characters, I wouldn't hesitate to swap it for a different game that is actually fun to play, even if it has a very shallow story or none at all.

My ranking:
1) Gameplay
2) Story and/or characters
3) Graphics

The right mix of all three does the trick, but when it matters, I would prefer gameplay over story anytime.
But, well, the game we're talking about isn't even out yet, so I'll just wait and see if I can make any use of it.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
What are we ever supposed to do with ourselves, Mags...
We just smile and go on about our business but no fear, I learned a long time ago that being a bitch isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's truly a mans world out there and, sometimes, getting what you want out of life gives you that classification. Life is too short and I'm too selfish to go through life unhappy being with someone I don't truly love or even like, knowing I deserve more, just for the sake of being nice. It just won't happen, I'm too mean. (Besides, it's not fair to me or the other person.)

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
Gameplay isn't everything my friend. I mean, I'd MUCH rather a GREAT story and likable character, than the smoothest gameplay in the world.
agreed which is why superman 64 is a really good game :Djk
in all seriousness i agree but prefer a proper balance but can play a game and still love it for bad control

for example i absolutly love castlevania 64 even though its control isnt that good but it is the one castlevania game that is the closest to the dracula lore and i love the music and story to it

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I will never understand that, but fortunately I don't have to. If I want a great story, I can still watch a movie or read a book. Books or movies fail as books or movies if they can't provide that, and a game fails as a game if it isn't fun to play.

Top Bottom