• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Third RE CGI Movie is called "Resident Evil: Vendetta"; targeted for 2017 release.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
tumblr_odr9o8xHLa1rxf00ao1_1280.jpg

Very funny Capcom even you try to hide but this similarity of RE Vendetta viliain to Wesker i call very disturbing

azlanhtc

from the trailer feel sorry for Chris, he's gonna see his squad get kill again.. how many time he has to face that??! must be tough for him

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Surely it would have been easier to just not reply to the tweet?

True, I don't see D.C. Douglas lying to his fans though. I don't really see him doing it. He would have ignored the tweet. I don't think he wants to give out false hope after Umbrella Corps and people still seem to think it confirms Albert Wesker being alive even after he himself had stuff to say about that https://www.dcdouglas.com/blog/residentevil/umbrella-corps-resident-evil-7-wesker/ so for right now I feel inclined to believe him. The amount of times I've been dibbed into believing he'll be coming back has be burnt out.

tumblr_odr9o8xHLa1rxf00ao1_1280.jpg

Very funny Capcom even you try to hide but this similarity of RE Vendetta viliain to Wesker i call very disturbing

I'm still not sold that it's Wesker, and I was starting to get excited. I tried to replicate this in photoshop to see it for myself and then I quickly realized how the artist made it look more like Wesker. Very good use of the transparency effects to blend and mold them together. You can make some very cool things with it.

Anyways people are going to be very disappointed if they are expecting this to be "Albert" Wesker. I could come up with a theory or two where it could be him, or perhaps a C-Virus clone or some **** that fits. The art style change is the only thing that has me somewhat optimistic. Overall though, I think it's someone else. There's a slight chance he could be a half Asian man as well, but I can't fully confirm it.. For those who want to hold on to the Albert hope, he does look a lot like him when he beings to walk to the left. But head on, not really. This man also appears to be a bit younger than Albert would be in reality, but with the art direction change in the characters it's not something that's judge-able at this moment.

Prepare your Scooby snacks and lets have a little fun. Who could that villain be Scooby? Ayyee. Surely it can't be!
images
NO WAY?!

331h9oo.jpg

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
^ remember that i more know on JP script of RE Rev 2 raid mode and what if in this movie shows up maded by Alex Wesker cloned Albert? That been censored actually part of story in English version of game

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
If they cloned Wesker I would be so mad. That's just cheap.

D.C. Douglas has replied to a second tweet saying he hasn't recorded anything for Vendetta. I still don't think it's him.

I did wonder if the person bears a little resemblance to Buddy from Damnation. Hard to tell.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't think that man is Wesker, or a clone. But I do think Capcom made him look like him on purpose, to keep us speculating. I won't share my opinion on the potential prospect of Wesker's return again, as I'm sure everyone knows it already.

from the trailer feel sorry for Chris, he's gonna see his squad get kill again.. how many time he has to face that??! must be tough for him

The question should be: How many times will we have to face that? I'm excited for this movie, more than I am for RE7 at the moment, but I really hope they won't turn it into yet another "I've lost all my men!" sob story for Chris.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
^ remember that i more know on JP script of RE Rev 2 raid mode and what if in this movie shows up maded by Alex Wesker cloned Albert? That been censored actually part of story in English version of game

That was what I meant by a theory or two lol. I did do some reading on what you said. Though there's a few ways of taking it. I've done my fair share of research on the Japanese script stuff myself you know. Just on the main story. I kind of didn't think too much about the Raid mode past recreational fun and that the story was simply that you were in one of her "experiments". Well, in a nutshell.

I think the guy only looks like Albert when he turns to the side. He kind of looks a tad Asian head on imo. It's hard to tell really, I need some higher resolution pictures. Not this pause on YouTube bull****.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The question should be: How many times will we have to face that? I'm excited for this movie, more than I am for RE7 at the moment, but I really hope they won't turn it into yet another "I've lost all my men!" sob story for Chris.

We'll probably hear that line at least once in the movie. I hope they get a little more creative with Chris and give him more personality.

The villain looks like a cross between Wesker and Sean Bean and that guy dies in every movie he's in. We can safely assume Chris and Leon will go ham on the guy because he's cursed with Sean Beans looks. It's also a blessing because he's pretty hot.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
That was what I meant by a theory or two lol. I did do some reading on what you said. Though there's a few ways of taking it. I've done my fair share of research on the Japanese script stuff myself you know. Just on the main story. I kind of didn't think too much about the Raid mode past recreational fun and that the story was simply that you were in one of her "experiments". Well, in a nutshell.

I think the guy only looks like Albert when he turns to the side. He kind of looks a tad Asian head on imo. It's hard to tell really, I need some higher resolution pictures. Not this pause on YouTube bull****.

for pic i found again something on tumblr but only as brightened one:

tumblr_odrp5jkAcr1rxf00ao1_250.jpg

Airaku

Stray Jedi
for pic i fond again something on tumblr but only as brightened one:

tumblr_odrp5jkAcr1rxf00ao1_250.jpg

Good find, I brightened up one on my own in my own comparison and then posted an edited one as an example as to the technique that artist used. Or a similar one to say the least. Anyhow.

This guy really doesn't look that much like Albert Wesker. The eyes, hair is rather off, facial lines, and while all these things could be artistic design changes like Chris, he looks younger than Albert. I'm just not feeling it at the moment. I guess we'll need to wait until the movie comes out or they release another shot of the character :p

If I'm wrong and it is him. AWESOME! Hopefully they do him justice and it's not some throw away trash villain for nostalgia stakes. I'll be so angry. Capcom needs to handle this very, very well or it's going to backfire in their face. RE5 ended an era in terms of plot. If they want to open that can of worms again, they need to do so with great care before a zombie horde of fans come after them for messing that up.

Unknown

Really, people? It's not Wesker. It's a new character, likely with ties to previous outbreaks. His mother was probably killed in Tall Oaks or something.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Lord, in case you know that this is just a fanmade XNALara model, you should mention it in your post, otherwise people might think it's an official picture of Chris in Vendetta. In case you didn't know... well, now everybody knows. He looked a little off in the trailer, and will probably do so in the final movie too, so don't be fooled! (I wish he still looked like that, but... meh.)

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
Lord, in case you know that this is just a fanmade XNALara model, you should mention it in your post, otherwise people might think it's an official picture of Chris in Vendetta. In case you didn't know... well, now everybody knows. He looked a little off in the trailer, and will probably do so in the final movie too, so don't be fooled! (I wish he still looked like that, but... meh.)

Apparently this for unknown reason showed up from moderator post on sister site dmc.org in actually same movie thread so im confused, well maybe i give knowlegde to that one that he posted fake thing in thread

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Believe me, it's an XNALara model. I can see that from the ground he's standing on, and after a quick search on Deviant Art, I found this:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/W-I-P-Resident-Evil-Vendetta-Chris-Mesh-Mod-624181338

Apparently the model is inspired by Vendetta (although I don't know why; the outfit looks more like something Leon would wear, and Chris has only been seen in his BSAA uniform so far), but it's nothing official.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
While I don't think it's Wesker, you gotta take these denials with a grain of salt. Remember when both WB AND Marion Cotillard said that Miranda Tate was NOT Talia Al-Ghul in TDKR? Tell me, how did that turn out again?

A 3D creature artist for BvS said the creature in the second trailer was NOT Doomsday as well, and alas, that turned out to be a steaming crock of **** as well.

I'm not saying it is him, it's just the voice actor (D.C. Douglas) Tweeting that it's not Wesker isn't definitive proof is all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom